[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is the comfiest Evangelion episode?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4

File: Shinji_Asuka_synchronization.png (246KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
Shinji_Asuka_synchronization.png
246KB, 720x480px
What is the comfiest Evangelion episode?
>>
That one.
>>
the movie
>>
>>158235800
25 + 26
>>
>>158237831
he said comfiest, not skippable.
>>
>>158237978
Why would you skip the true ending?
>>
File: SUB09E.jpg (76KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
SUB09E.jpg
76KB, 640x480px
Dance Like You Want to Win! is the GOAT episode for being comfy. It's all downhill after that point.
>>
>>158235800
Both of you Dance was an excellent choice and my personal comfy episode choice.
>>
all episodes are tense and cut like a knife
>>
>>158238256
The dance episode really isnt.
>>
>>158238462
for you
>>
Both of You Dance Like You Want to Win is the literal peak of Evangelion.
Everything before and after just isn't as good as that epsiode. Even more amazing considering it was an Asuka focused epsiode.
>>
File: rei has arrived.webm (317KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
rei has arrived.webm
317KB, 640x480px
>>158238256
All episodes have a personal revelation or a conspiratorial hint or a desperate battle. They don't all have a fun part.
>>
>>158238582
It is the happiest episode, but that dont make it the peak, because the series isnt a happy saturday morning cartoon.

It works like an emotional rollercoaster, which makes the series good.
>It starts a little neutral to bleak, starts getting better as shinji get friends such as Koji, Kensuke and Rei.
>It reaches its peak happiness with asuka completing the pseudo-harem, gendo actually prasing shinji a little, and silly and awesome shit like the dance episode, magmadiver (everything BESIDES the proper magma diving is pretty good) and the acid eye angel episode.
>The it start slowly creeping down with 00 going berzerker and kid rei being a creepy fuck, the dead mother + kiss episode and shinji getting eaten alive and almost dying.
>It all goes to shit after shinji (almost) kill koji in a straight nose dive.
>Finally it all comes TUMBLING DOWN TUMBLING DOWN TUMBLING DOWN
>>
>>158235800
Beginning of 2.0
>>
Bot of You Dance Like You Want to Win is one of the single most beautiful and comfiest pieces of animation I'e ever seen.
>>
>>158238256
Hope your anxiety isn't getting in the way of a happy life
>>
>>158235800
>Different portion sized slurps
>Chopsticks vs Forks

Sasuga Anno even I didn't notice this foreshadow until now.
>>
>>158239750
What is it supposed to mean? They arent really in-sync?
>>
Comfiest is the episode where they meet Asuka, the ocean setting put me at ease and there is some fan service in it too. The mecha fight at sea was also pretty legit.
>>158239750
Asuka isn't full nip, no shit she isn't using chop sticks
>>
>>158240490
Eva is full of filthy half breeds.
>Asuka is half Jap half German
>Rei is half Human half Ayy
>Misato is half Human half Alcohol
>>
>>158239389
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vGzJOeyJgFM
>>
>>158239012
Depression metaphors, am I right?
>>
>>158241386
Even Shinji is half upper-class half street-rat.
>>
>>158241578
I strongly dislike the CGI abuse, but the direction of the rebuilds is still top notch.

If everything in this scene was fully drawn it would be perfect. Not like the cars are moving more much.
>>
>>158241737
I wouldnt call it a metaphor more than a basic mood whiplash done properly.
>>
>>158241822
>moving more much.

Sorry, i had a stroke while typing, i meant moving that much.
>>
The most underrated episode.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.