[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

abstraction vs. realism

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: creepy pasta.png (254KB, 474x267px) Image search: [Google]
creepy pasta.png
254KB, 474x267px
Do you think animation should naturalistically depict the real world or try to do things you can't pull off in live action?
>>
Why does it have to be one or the other? That's one of the great things about animation you can do either or both, the possibilities are incredibly vast.
>>
>abstraction

People who use this tend not to have any idea what the word means.

Anime is ALREADY an abstraction by nature of being an animation. Language is an abstraction.

If it was to push realism, then you'd just be doing a live action and it wouldn't be anime.
>>
Directors should do whatever they want.
>>
>>158210185
Only smart person in this stupid thread.
>>
>>158208287
You have to be 18 to use this website
>>
>>158209937
>If it was to push realism, then you'd just be doing a live action and it wouldn't be anime.

Tell that to the Yamada shills who seem to think anime should be more realistic.
>>
>>158208580
very well put anon
>>
>>158208287
I miss Monogatari pulling off that kind of shit. They immediately stopped that after Bakemonogatari finished and it was disappointing.
At this point if they brought it back it would really feel out of place even though it was part of the feel to begin with.
>>
>>158210185
directors can sometimes fuck up a series
>>
>>158208287
I can appreciate both styles. >>158210185 is the best answer.
In the end it's going to be the director and the team behind them who is going to let their abstraction become pretentious drivel or their realism derivative
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.