[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is manga so unpopular compared to anime?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

Why is manga so unpopular compared to anime?
>>
File: Hyouka - Kininarimasu.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Hyouka - Kininarimasu.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
>>158192633

Anime is a lot easier to consume, especially in Japan where you can just watch it on your TV. There are ever increasing options popping up online as well that let you very easily watch anime, many more options than manga. Watching something is a lot easier than reading something as well, since it continues whether or not you understood anything about it at a consistent pace. Compare this to reading speeds vary from person to person.

Plus, it has several things over manga, several of those being obvious things like sound, voices, music, and usually color along with others.

I'm not trying to bash manga, by the way. Just answering your question.
>>
>>158192633
>in the west
you mean?
>>
>>158192633
Huh? As a market, Manga is WAY bigger than Anime in Japan, United States, Britain, France, Italy, Germany, Taiwan.

The question should be why is ANIME unpopular compared to manga?
>>
>>158193184
To be fair, normalfags don't know shit about manga
>>
>>158193184
Shit timeslots, poor adaptations, less ability to be creative/interesting, exorbitant media prices, shoddy workmanship, and a general disdain for the medium.
>>
>>158193184
Who gives a fuck about markets, fucking obviously manga makes more money, people have to actually buy it to consume it, while anime is aired on public TV and has to rely on bluray sales and merchandise. And, of course, advertising the MANGA.

Still in Japan manga might genuinely be more popular than anime but certainly nowhere else.
>>
>>158192633
It's not? What makes you think so?
>>
>>158193330
To be fair, I should have specified >>158193145
Manga is more popular in Japan
>>
>>158193232
In terms of money spent, Manga is far bigger almost everywhere in the world. Even in the West, unless you are implying that normal fags watch anime in the west and ignore manga.

If you are implying the latter, it would explain the cancerous threads everytime a good manga gets an anime and the collective discussion thread intelligence drops by 40 IQ points. On which you might have a point.

Threads before anime
"What are your thoughts on the story?"
"This character dynamic doesn't work in the established world."

Threads after anime
"Which waifu would you put the D in?"
"Dat titties"
"I would put my cock in her mouth if you know what I mean."
>>
>>158193305
>>158193376
Again, when talking about Revenue and sales, Manga is bigger in Japan AND the west. There is a reason why manga gets licensed faster and tends to be released more regularly, it makes more money than anime.
>>
>>158193590
Noone is talking about sales you dumb FUCKING faggot get it through your head RETARDED fuck
>>
>>158192633
It's because anime is shown dubbed on TV for free. But really a lot of manga get licensed too nowadays.
>>
Why are books so unpopular compared to movies?

Because they're a shitty fucking medium. Only autistic nerds actually read books. This is somewhat besides the point, but it's fucking bizarre how most of the greatest movies are actually based on some mediocre books with garbage whacky and crude plots.

Unfortunately anime is so poorly and cheaply produced that usually the adaptations end up being worse than the original manga. They always cut massive amounts to fit their retarded 1-cocksucker 2-cocksucker formats and so on.
>>
>>158192633
It requires more attention.
>>
>>158192633
Do you have something like a survey to back your claim?
>>
>>158192633
in west? translation is dying nowadays
>>
As I said, normalfags don't care about manga (in the West; in Japan manga is popular with kids, teens and adults, unlike anime which is more popular with otaku than with the general population).

It's almost the same as with books or comics (which nowadays are getting popular, yes, but not THAT popular): people prefer watching movies or series to reading the original. People don't like to read in the West, and when they do, they're mostly either intellectuals who don't give a shit about popular entertainment or special snowflake hipsters jumping into a bandwagon.

And because people don't like to read, but rather they prefer to get their entertainment from an audiovisual medium, manga is not as popular as anime here in the West.
>>
>>158192633
in the west*
>>
>>158192633
Manga is weirder than anime for westerners, I mean it's read from right to left and it's all in b/w
>>
File: Image 1.png (59KB, 290x243px) Image search: [Google]
Image 1.png
59KB, 290x243px
>>158193474
>threads before anime
furious shitposting
>threads after anime
furious shitposting
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.