[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Durarara

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5

File: download (2).jpg (13KB, 275x183px) Image search: [Google]
download (2).jpg
13KB, 275x183px
im about to marathon the first season. what am i in for?
>>
>>158127998
All characters are unlikeable
>>
>>158128020
but is it good?
>>
>>158127998
A fucking trip
>>
a really good first season
then u'll drop it hard
>>
pretty fucking amazing if you ask me. BACCANO (from the same animator and author) is better but Durarara is pretty great if you like to invest yourself into characters.
>>
A very comfy show. And while it isn't perfect, it was a damn good ride. Also, good tier city setting.
>>
>>158127998
Just watch it for Celty, other characters are okay but Shizuo and Izaya combo is the best. Main character is shit, his friend is retarded, and Anri is just a tit character.
>>
File: Kasane DRRR.jpg (75KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
Kasane DRRR.jpg
75KB, 1024x576px
>>158127998
It's well done (story wise).

>Best boy
Kida Masaomi. Honorable mention: Kadota, Russian nigger, Shizuo, Yakuza Jii-san, & Fedora Guy.
>Best Arc
Shizuo love story with Varona & Yakuza Loli
>Weakest Arc
Hollywood
>Best girl
Pic related
>>
>>158128858
>>Best boy
>Kida Masaomi
Stopped reading here
>>
>>158129867
(You)
>>
A better show than Baccano
>>
File: 29.gif (471KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
29.gif
471KB, 400x400px
>>158128020
>All characters are unlikeable
>>
>>158129933
Thanks shittaste-kun.
>>
>>158127998
A nice OP and best Dullahan and little else desu.
>>
>>158128041
It's shit
>>
>>158127998
An interesting show. Glad they focused out side of the school life. School life dramas are boring as fuck.
>>
>>158130072
That was very nice. Would have been better if none of the characters had been high schoolers at all, but it was refreshing to see an anime that doesn't take place solely inside a high school.
>>
>>158127998
Amazing first cour.
Meh second cour.

The rest of the series is also pretty mediocre.
>>
File: no sense of right and wrong.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
no sense of right and wrong.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>158128020
>All characters are unlikeable
>>
>>158130154
>it was refreshing to see an anime that doesn't take place solely inside a high school

Most anime do't take place in high school

>Would have been better if none of the characters had been high schoolers

Yeah man, I want MUH MUTURRRE ADULTS BOY

Kill yourself
>>
Man i really wish they would go and make more Baccano.
>>
It was fun when it was airing and people were calling the MC Mootkado and were making Dollars webchats.

Lost it's steam/popularity after awhile though but it's an okay series overall.
>>
Good start, turns to shit when gang wars happened.
>>
>>158127998
Pacing that's slightly too slow, too much information being given to the audience and slightly too many flashbacks, but an interesting ride nonetheless.
>>
File: 6768.png (2MB, 1920x1090px) Image search: [Google]
6768.png
2MB, 1920x1090px
>>158127998
It's really good but the novels are great. Season 1 has very slow pace and filler, only adapts the intro to the series(first 3 volumes). While season 2 is fast paced and misses things that were portrayed better in the novel. But like I said it's still a good anime, just not as good as the novel

I like the KiShouTenKetsu thing in the anime title though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DWXZN115Upg
>>
>>158133665
Oh and remember to watch BDs because of the OVAs.
>>
>>158133377
>Most anime do't take place in high school
That is quantifiably untrue.

>MUH MUTURRRE
It's not about that, it's about variety. There are shows that have actual creative premises but still take place in fucking high schools because I guess that's just what Japanese animators know how to draw. Angel Beats, for example.

This isn't a secret, high school is a massively overused setting in anime. I'm not sure who you think you're trying to impress by acting like it isn't.
>>
>>158127998
You'll love Izaya, he's the nicest guy ever
Shizuo also has superpowers
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.