[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Record of the Lodross War

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 7

File: lodoss_new_release.jpg (316KB, 850x1100px) Image search: [Google]
lodoss_new_release.jpg
316KB, 850x1100px
How is this anime? I've heard good things and Funimation is putting it on blu-ray in July.
>>
Pretty shitty, only watch it if you want /elf/.
>>
>>158101528
>inb4 there is a S.A.V.E. version
But they're selling more than that right?

Probably watch it with filesharing and if you like it then buy it.
Pretty much what everyone does, you gotta be a real tard if you buy an anime that you haven't watched.
>>
>>158101528
Probably the more you are into fantasy and role-playing the bigger the chance that you will like it. The story is standard high-fantasy-schlock, that you may find charming if you are into these kind of things. Waifus are top. There is barely any animation, but the sword and sorcery character design and scenery is good.
>>
>>158101528

It's basically THE fantasy anime. It's good. The OVA anyways. TV series is a bit..eh. I can't wait for the bluray.

The original novel is also finally being translated so thats cool
>>
>>158101910
The new box set has both the OVA and tv series. I think I'll go ahead and get it, I'm pretty good at finding classic anime gems.
>>
File: rune soldier 1.jpg (100KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
rune soldier 1.jpg
100KB, 400x300px
>>158102137

Would have nice if they included Rune Soldier and Crystania but that may be asking to much.
>>
File: 1492410119982.png (507KB, 700x906px) Image search: [Google]
1492410119982.png
507KB, 700x906px
>>158102006
>>158102016

Yeah, I done some research and I like how the plot is based on a group of people's D&D sessions.

Thanks senpaitachi.
>>
>>158102337

Just to give some context, the OVA was based on books which where still being written so after around epside 8 or 9 or so they had to make up an ending based on the notes.

The TV series effectively retcons the new stuff and picks up right at the split they made and continues as the story was planned, though a lot of people seem to prefer the OVA and I can't say their wrong. But eh, watch both.

I wish Shiris got more love
>>
Actually on that subject the TV series is what has me most curious. Ive seen the Japanese Blurays, they look great but is the DVD set of Heroic Knight a remaster? Because I have the old set and it's in a word awful. Just VHS rips on DVD and even the chapter select is a bit sloppy
>>
The TV series is pretty good. Good world building and tense story.
The OVA is boring and generic. Probably better animation than the TV series, though. TV has some weird character designs, although you get used to them.
>>
The biggest problem with the TV series as I saw it was those stupid Lodoss Island skits at the end of every episode. It wasted time that could have been used on the main story and while occasionally amusing where just babyish and dumb
>>
>>158104201
I have a hard time paying attention too long, so to me they were a releif. Just as the episode would start to drag on, there would be those skits instead, which didn't require as much attention or caring. So the episodes never got enough time to get boring, at least not the main story, because they were interrupted at 18 minutes. Perfect length. The skits don't really count towards the series itself, so they can be ignored when rating the show.
If I had to sit through 25 minutes of main plot every episode I may not have enjoyed it as much, because the last few minutes tend to be painful due to short attention span
>>
>>158104438

That's counting opening and ending though so the actual episode is left with about 15 which isn't really enough time to explore the plot and setting. And frankly that's a YOU issue
>>
It's dry and turns into a slideshow at points, but it has a great art direction.
>>
>>158101528
Shitty nonsense. It has that old anime era of autism where shit just happens without explanation. The elf literally just shows up to the party and starts adventuring with them fot liyerally no reason. The whole show is hard to sit through if you think about anything for more than 6 seconds.
>>
>>158106367
I have to agree. The writing went all over the place, and is not something that I can recommend to everyone. It has some good scenes, but if you want a tight and focused plot then you will have to look elsewhere.
>>
>>158101528
It's one of those "classics" that's mainly a classic because pickings were so slim for western fandom back in the day, and because it has a bunch of detailed key frames that make for good-looking screencaps even though the animation itself is very limited.
>>
>>158106367

I think that's less a fault of the writing and more it being an actual pen and paper rpg transcript

shame wood chuck failed his check
>>
>>158106492
Limited animation is still animation. Animation doesn't require a lot of movement to be good, some nice stills put cleverly together can be animation just as good as something with lots of movement. I'm tired of people downplaying stills as good animation.
>>
>>158106691

Dude I love Lodoss but ANIMATION literally means movement
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.