[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Was /a/'s hate for UBW largely unjustified?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 8

File: 1472425942406.jpg (1MB, 1000x1426px) Image search: [Google]
1472425942406.jpg
1MB, 1000x1426px
Was /a/'s hate for UBW largely unjustified?
>>
Yes. Zero secondaries are absolute cancer.
>>
What are /a/‘s problems with UBW?
>>
>>158063823
Zero is way better though as far as the medium. The VN is just classic TM fun and feels.
>>
No, it was a worthless anime
>hurr secondary
I'm not going to go through 2000 pages of visual novel scrolling to understand the secret brilliance of Nasu's autistic iced piss collection
The anime was 100% mediocre as a standalone work (with the exception of the the Archer and Gil vs. Shirou battles) and that's how it should be judged
>>
>>158063447
The answer is yes.
Always and forever.
In fact it's more likely that if /a/ says a show is bad you should watch it, and that worst girls are best girls.
>>
UBW deserved everything it got. It fucked over Ilya
>>
>>158063823
Except UBW hate all came from VNfags unhappy with the adaptation.
>>
The anime's demo appeal was stretched too thin to please anyone. In trying to pander to both Zero secondaries and VNfags while at the same time trying to be newcomer friendly, the series ended up satisfying no one.
>>
>>158063447
Yes, absolutely. It was a fantastic adaptation and I don't think any other studio could have done it better.
My one and only gripe with it was that UBW itself was CG.
>>
File: archer x taiga.jpg (78KB, 1666x933px) Image search: [Google]
archer x taiga.jpg
78KB, 1666x933px
>>158065065
If you read the VN there is absolutely no way you would be unhappy with the adaptation. It was incredibly faithful and even improved many scenes with it's direction.
>>
>>158065223
I'm a filthy secondary who isn't going to invest 60 hours into a poorly written eroge game, and I thought the anime by itself didn't seem that coherent. If you're saying it actually improved on the VN then I can see I made the right choice. Zero was pretty good.
>>
>>158065344
>and I thought the anime by itself didn't seem that coherent.
Sounds like a personal problem. Don't act like it's everyone else's fault that you're stupid.
>>
>>158065344
fall of a building and die
>>
File: 1432573509919.png (195KB, 381x445px) Image search: [Google]
1432573509919.png
195KB, 381x445px
>>158063447
The route itself sucked so the anime adaptation sucking was obvious from the start.
Thankfully the more interesting route is being adapted into better budgeted, better scheduled movies that won't be censored.
>>
File: smug_sakura.jpg (132KB, 600x731px) Image search: [Google]
smug_sakura.jpg
132KB, 600x731px
>>158065447
>Won't be censored
>>
>>158065410
>fall of a
>of

Writing of a quality I'd expect from someone inspired by Nasu
>>
>VN
>Multiple endings
Would be good if these two things weren't things
>>
>>158063447
Would have been better to watch this after the DEEN anime
>>
>>158065919
>VN
>Without multiple endings
That's what you call a novel
>>
People die if they are killed
>>
The hate coming from Fate obsessed autists, yes. But the routes simply don't work as standalones.
>>
>>158063447
Somewhat. Shirou vs Archer is still a lot worse and badly drawn out compared to the VN but a lot of it just that the source material isn't great. The problem having 3 different routes is that you get situations like this where Kirei and Saber's characters get completely wasted on what is supposed to be a full story. Rider's character gets literally forgotten, Illya gets no closure as the daughter of the main character of Zero. Gilgamesh literally gets rewritten to act more like his Zero incarnation because he's a garbage character in Stay Night.
>>
Where is my Fate route
>>
>>158063447
>implying /a/ hated it
I was there during the streams, faggot, no one hated it until Reddit and MAL secondaries spread their shit opinion here.
>>
>>158063447
Yes it was largely unjustified.
>>
As standalone work it's subpar in its storytelling and the lact of self-reflection makes characters feel 1 dimensional as fuck.

As an adaptation it outright ignores the source material in favor of Saberwank, which triggers out of the fans of the VN.
>>
>>158069292
Which version of Fate does reddit prefer?
>>
>>158070654
Probably the anime, I can't imagine them being into VNs.
>>
>>158071831
You mean the DEEN anime? How horrifying.
>>
>>158071948
People at that level like to completely ignore the fact that they're gimping their own experiences so they don't have to step out of their comfort zone. They probably think VNs are "weird' for some arbitrary reason.
>>
>>158069292
Fai isn't a secondary
>>
>fate shit
fuck off fatetards
>>
>>158069292
>secondaries
Most of the hate comes from VN fans.
>>
>>158063447
>shit MC that can't do anything useful on his own but can suddenly pull shit out of his plot armor when he needs to
>Entire first season they didn't even care about winning, because they can go on dates instead
I'm not a huge fate fan, but how could anybody enjoy this garbage?
>>
I don't hate it, but it's definitely not perfect. I'm not against taking liberties to better adapt to screen either, in general at least. Last Stardust was fucking great.
>>
>>158064879
>hurr secondary
The VN was mostly the same. More of Shiro's moral objections and time wasting in the VN.
The big issue was that the three routes were combined for the original anime. Then they went on to animate the other routes despite some of the content having been told (or spoiled) already. Sounds like you only liked UBW.
>>
>>158072234
Fai thinks the Shirou/Rin relationship is the only good one despite being the least developed and most obviously shoehorned into its route so having a shit opinion still stands. UBW is clearly more about Archer and Shirou's relationship than anything but the fact that it's an eroge required there to be a heroine.
>>
File: 1478369297715.png (135KB, 501x406px) Image search: [Google]
1478369297715.png
135KB, 501x406px
>>158063447
>he doesn't watch everything at 0.005 speed

Took about two months to finish UBW (including sleep breaks) but it was completely worth it. The time it allows you to analyze each individual frame has given me a new appreciation for the higher forms of appreciation. I savor every inch of a single frame, only to see it change 8 seconds later into an entirely new work of art. I can finally appreciate a director's handiwork at its highest level without missing crucial details.

Every frame is indeed a painting.
>>
>>158065652
If it does get censored, that means Sakura is going to be a virgin. Win-win situation.
>>
Last Stardust and Brave Shine made it worth watching.
>>
The Shirou vs Archer confrontation should have been an hour long episode instead of being split into two, and I found myself wishing the characters would shut the fuck up and fight during supposed action scenes in the second half, but otherwise I really enjoyed it.

Heaven's Feel is my favorite route anyway and that's getting the movie treatment, so to be honest, even if it was irredeemable shit I probably wouldn't care.
>>
>>158063447

People should have expected it to be mediocre since it adapted UBW.
>>
>>158063447
It's a waste of time specially the visual novel because it's not Heaven's Feel or Tsukihime.It's a boring broken harem battle shounen
>>
Shirou is so cute.
>>
The animation was impressive, but in retrospect, it was pretty boring. Dunno why they made this a series instead of Heaven's Feel. That would've made a fanatastic series.
>>
File: 1485964596912.jpg (122KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1485964596912.jpg
122KB, 1920x1080px
>>158063447
>/a/
>hate for UBW

You fucking what.
I think you're talking about MAL.
>>
>>158063447
>this thread again
Seriously dude, kill yourself or something.
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.