[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just finished Kemono no Souja Erin, and I thought it would be

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

File: weekly02086.jpg (96KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
weekly02086.jpg
96KB, 1280x720px
Just finished Kemono no Souja Erin, and I thought it would be a lot more depressing because of how much you guys went on about it. It certainly has its moments, but it certainly could have hit harder.
>>
Also, what the fuck were they thinking letting Nokku and Mokku keep showing up? Those two retards damn near ruined the entire anime.
I was happy when Erin was getting forced to go to the Capital because I figured that those two surely wouldn't be able to stick around, but sure as fuck, there they are a few episodes later.
>>
>>158020938
And I felt like I could never take the Ojou designs seriously. They just didn't look proportioned right, and were basically giant pigeons. How majestic and awe inspiring. Pigeons with wolf heads.
>>
>>158020771
An overrated series 4~5/10
>>
>>158021602
I don't even know if it's overrated considering I never really see /a/ talk about it (granted it's 8 years old at this point).
Like, it's pretty good, but could definitely be better if they cut a third of the episodes and gave it a tighter focus.
>>
>>158020771
Agreed. I think a lot of things could have been handled better in the anime. For instance the whole thing feels like it took place in a very small area. There were only a handful of locations all of which at least seemed only a stone's throw away from each other, and even locations which were supposedly pretty grand (like the "palace" were really tiny. I'm not sure if it was supposed to be that way, but it really fucked with the sense of scale.

Compare that to something like Moribito by the same author which was adapted by I.G. which I felt was probably a much better adaptation (though I admittedly didn't read the LN, the designs were much stronger and more cohesive as well as at least seeming to have a much better budget).

>>158021254
I thought they were pretty cute, but yeah not all that intimidating, but I think that's more the art style rather than the concept. A giant fucking eagle/wolf rendered in a more realistic style would probably be more impressive.
>>
>>158021729
I always chuckled when the model of the palace was shown. It was hilarious barebones and not really impressive at all.
>>
>>158020771
>because of how much you guys went on about it.
The show barely even got threads when it aired.
>>
>>158021602
(You)

>>158021729
>Compare that to something like Moribito by the same author which was adapted by I.G. which I felt was probably a much better adaptation (though I admittedly didn't read the LN, the designs were much stronger and more cohesive as well as at least seeming to have a much better budget).
I don't think it meant for the same audience. Erin TV series is clearly for kids/family show since it was aired on NHK.
>>
>>158021254
>>158021729
I`d prefer if they were flying dragons.

>>158021729
>>158023574
Moribito even has a recent live action TV show.
>>
>>158020771
Everytime there's supposed to be a sad scene happy music plays over it and we got the three (-1) fucking stooges ruining every dramatic moment. Then the MC is such a fucking mary sue who solves every problem within a few minutes and is a supergenius at animal handling. Then everything is so patronizing and dumbed-down I almost thought the show was targetting at toddlers. The OP was good though.
>>
>>158024714
Eh, dragons are fine and all, but I respect that the author tried to make a new mythological type creature that wasn't just dragons again. In my opinion we already have enough dragon rider/tamer stories, we could use something fresher. Even if this attempt didn't end up being the best.
>>
>>158021729
Moribito has its kids moments due to the prince. The show`s best moments were the beginning and near the end when it was about Balsa`s past. Almost everything related to the prince was forgettable. I prefer Erin.
>>
>>158024877
The action scenes were great though, though I'm a huge spear-aboo so I might be biased.
>>
File: Balsa.png (221KB, 460x280px) Image search: [Google]
Balsa.png
221KB, 460x280px
>>158024714
>Moribito even has a recent live action TV show.
Balsa actress is low test skeletal. I don't like it at all.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.