[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Bleach

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 165
Thread images: 14

File: latest[1].jpg (38KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].jpg
38KB, 640x480px
So he was supposed to be the original FV, right?
>>
Anime when?
>>
>>157931775
>FV
What?
>>
>>157933059
Final Villain.
>>
>>157933184
Oh. No, I doubt it.
>>
>>157931775
Well, he was, since he sided with the Soul king.
Aizen did the wrong things, but he did it for the right reasons.
Urahara IS the final Villain, and a really good one at that,since not only did he avoid most fights, but he also made the hero fight alongside him to help him attain his goal, which was to keep the status quo, where Most souls in the Soul Society are miserable.
Urahara is the FV, and he won.
>>
File: 1496014093350.png (226KB, 454x444px) Image search: [Google]
1496014093350.png
226KB, 454x444px
>>157934329
You make a compelling argument.
>>
>>157934329
You know, I have a lot of questions about Bleach. What's up with the Soul Society? Why is the afterlife such a material place?

What happens to the souls of dead people when they "die"?
If souls are static and unaging, why did Rukia and Renji and their friends age? How did their friends die when they are already dead?
Is there a difference between being born in the Soul Society and sent there after death?
How can Ichigo be half Soul Reaper if any old soul with high enough spiritual pressure can become a Soul Reaper? What's the deal with Isshin? Is the guy just in a gigai all the time?
How can Zanpakuto be something unique to each individual but also something that can be taken? Tousen takes up the Zanpakuto of his lady friend, Nanao inherits hers, etc. And if Zanpakuto are such a big deal to Soul Reapers, why does Yoruichi never use hers?

I'm pretty sure I have more.
>>
>>157934329
>>157934395
Yes is an old and compelling argument, but couldn't similar things be said about Aizen and Yhwach?
I'd like to ask Kubo this.

Also, there is some consensus that there are no completely good or bad guys in Bleach.
>>
>>157934329
Fuck off Hinamori.
>>
>>157934937
We're waiting for the novel to answer some questions.
I just hope they will try to do it seriously.
>>
>>157934937
>If souls are static and unaging, why did Rukia and Renji and their friends age?
They age very slowly and/or at a different rate than the human world. Still, I think there may be some inconsistencies there.
>>
>>157931775
Both he and Aizen Sosuke are based off of C.T. Smith, the would-be secret antagonist of Zombie Powder.
>>
When's more Can't Fear Your Own World?
>>
File: image.jpg (63KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
63KB, 480x640px
Deserved better
>>
File: 16865873038749.jpg (2MB, 1796x2750px) Image search: [Google]
16865873038749.jpg
2MB, 1796x2750px
kubo?
>>
>>157934329
>Urahara is the FV, and he won.

I'm pretty sure he's dead.
>>
File: 名称未設定.png (459KB, 851x480px) Image search: [Google]
名称未設定.png
459KB, 851x480px
https://youtu.be/2Ph_xeGTjng?t=34m45s
>>
>>157934329
Still, he could have been so much more.
>>
>>157931775
I feel like he was supposed to do more, like he was shady as fuck. Like not in the secretly a hero way.
>>
>>157937767
Confirmed alive in the novels.
>>
>>157937965
>Bleach
>Crazy Journey
Where do they get they headlines? /a/?
>>
>the obviously shady as fuck guy isn't actually shady as fuck that's just how he is
To be honest, that's way rarer than the shady guy being revealed as the shady guy.
>>
Are they really going through with the live action movie? It just seems like a lose lose situation for everyone.
>>
>>157937965
>35:09-35:11

this has potential
>>
fuck you urahara for not letting ichigo and aizen talk
>>
>>157937965
Translation?
>>
>>157931775
I recall Kubo straight up saying Urahara was supposed to be the villian, and that Aizen was supposed to die for real in the SS arc, but then he decided against it and made Aizen the big bad.
>>
>>157934937
>What happens to the souls of dead people when they "die"?
A soul that dies (killed or dissipated) in Soul Society is believed to be reincarnated on Earth as a new Human with no past memories. There are certain ways to die where you arent reintroduced to the cycle though (shot by a quincy). Also hueco mundo is outside of the cycle and operates on entirely different rules. Considering lifespan in the soul society, shinigami would probably have to miss a lot of people to keep the runkongai from being even more filled / poverty sticken. And not let the human world run out of souls since everyone lives past 2000 in the SS.

>Is there a difference between being born in the Soul Society and sent there after death?

I think you just start at a different point in the cycle.

>If souls are static and unaging, why did Rukia and Renji and their friends age? How did their friends die when they are already dead?
Souls in the soul society eventually dissipate after time, however it takes an incredibly long time. They also age in the soul society, however at an equally slow rate.
>>
>>157941849
I don't remember about Urahara, but the thing about Aizen is true. In Jump Festa, December 2008,
>Kubo: "At first I did not plan Aizen to become the shadow behind everything. I just thought he will become the enemy after he was killed"
>The flow to Kubo’s plan: There was trouble in Seireitei--> that’s it! Lets kill Aizen!--> The most exciting person to make him/her the culprit--> That’s it! Let’s make himself the culprit!
>>
I don't like the fact that Aizen's sword shattering never turned out to be him using his shikai on Ichigo.

Do you think it was going to be that way before the cancellation and rushed ending?
>>
>no threeway alignment battle at the final arc between Aizen-Urahara-YHVH and Ichigo like SMT.

massive waste of potential desu
>>
>>157943344
He chose not to use it.
>>
>>157939649
Nips love live action adaptions of their animu.
>>
Is anyone translating the interview?
>>
>>157945224
Wasn't it already translated?
>>
WHEN'S MORE CAN'T FEAR?!?!
>>
>>157945363
Only two pages.
>>
File: DEAD.jpg (2MB, 3000x3000px)
DEAD.jpg
2MB, 3000x3000px
Why couldn't Kubo make it happen again?
>>
>>157934937
I'll do my best:

>What happens to the souls of dead people when they "die"?
It's implied they are reincarnated. The soul society is a sort of temporary place where people seem to wait for reincarnation. I think normal souls die and are reincarnated naturally, but soul reapers or souls with high spirit energy have to die in combat or by some other method.
>If souls are static and unaging, why did Rukia and Renji and their friends age? How did their friends die when they are already dead?
This is a plothole, it seems they were going with your ageing rate slowing massively when you die and getting even slower if you're strong, but the amount of ageing appears totally random, with Byakuya ageing from a young teenager to what looks like middle-age in the course of 110 years, but Hiyori staying the exact same.
>Is there a difference between being born in the Soul Society and sent there after death?
Unanswered, but presumably that's just the reincarnation of someone who died in the soul society. I'd guess when someone in the soul society dies they have a chance at either being born into the soul society or human world.
>How can Ichigo be half Soul Reaper if any old soul with high enough spiritual pressure can become a Soul Reaper? What's the deal with Isshin? Is the guy just in a gigai all the time?
Anyone can become a soul reaper, but children of soul reapers inherit some of their parents power, since Ichigo was born to two people with very high spiritual energy, he ends up being strong himself. Isshin lost his power many years ago something similar to how Ichigo did for a while (that's how he knew the technique) and then got it back. I'd guess this somehow turned his body into physical form.
>How can Zanpakuto be something unique to each individual but also something that can be taken?
Could be both, most Zanpaktuo that aren't personal have a strong connection to the wielder. Never explained why Yoruichi doesn't have one, maybe she lost it or something.
>>
In the original draft of Bleach, Rukia was a member of the Soul Society Far East Branch.

>tfw no Ichigo and Chad going to the US and getting into the Soul Society Western Branch.
>>
>>157947934
Didn't Rukia still mention it at the beginning of the manga?
>>
>>157947781
I'll never understand why people are so hung up on the pairing. who gives a shit?

why does it matter? Since orihime and ichigo ended up together at the end of the series, it literally doesn't affect the storyline before that. (whole bleach basically)
>>
>>157948153
Ichigo and Rukia were basically better together.
>>
File: What.jpg (253KB, 1066x1600px)
What.jpg
253KB, 1066x1600px
>>157947991
No.

The retcons also fucked up the beginning of the series.

>Ichigo's father jobbed to a low level Hollow attacking his children.
>Ichigo's father could see Rukia, but Rukia couldn't notice him seeing her.
>>
>>157948223
Did Isshin really job? Or was he keikaku-ing so Ichigo could reach his full potential?
>>
>>157948212
I just don't understand the uproar about it. If bleach were a romance manga, and the whole point of the series was finding the perfect partner or something, then sure, but in bleach romance is so ridiculously secondary or even tertiary that it's just mindboggling how people are hung op on that.
>>
File: Retcon.jpg (369KB, 1066x1600px) Image search: [Google]
Retcon.jpg
369KB, 1066x1600px
>>157948283
No he jobbed.
>>
>>157948223
Isshin's gigai made him unable to use his Shinigami powers/spiritual powers at all until Masaki died. He was still slowly recovering them by this point, so he literally couldn't do shit.

Did you speed read the manga?
>>
Was byakuya in the last arc or what?
>>
>>157948424
What does this prove?
>>
>>157948223
>>Ichigo's father could see Rukia, but Rukia couldn't notice him seeing her.
Can Soul Reapers just tell when people can see them? Rukia didn't notice Ichigo seeing her at first either.
>>
>>157948428
>Knows the Soul Reapers are out there.
>Knows that Hollows exists.
>Knows of Ichigo's spiritual powers and his daughters.
>Doesn't set up back up plans in case Hollows.
>Doesn't have a plan for when he heard Rukia is in home according to Ichigo.
So what was his master plan if the Soul Society sent in a SWAT team on him?
>>
>>157948519
He got destroyed by a Sternritter, got killed, executively meddled back to life, saved Rukia's weak ass, then saved Toshiro's weak ass.
>>
>>157948647
This, it took Ichigo yelling at Rukia directly for like a minute before she even acknowledged him, and even then she seemed sceptical he could see her.
>>
>>157948648
I wouldn't put it past him to leave planning all that shit to Urahara, and since Urahara was planning on hiding his magic Hogyoku ball in Rukia anyway, Urahara didn't do shit to prevent Ichigo from meeting her.
>>
Here is the rundown of part 4 of CFYOW:

-There is a Shinigami in Hueco Mundo named “Tobita Shinichiro”, who is said to have been discharged from the Gotei 13 for clashing with other officers and his low tolerance and violence towards humans and Rukongai citizens. He is shown killing Arrancar, several of them are described as being burned to ashes. His Zanpakuto has the ability to incinerate those he stabs from the inside. One of the Arrancar calls it fire and Tobita gets insulted, saying comparing it to fire is an insult to his Zanpakuto before killing him.
-Tobita goes into thought on why the Soul Society concerns it itself so heavily for the Human world. He calls the humans weak and says those who can't defend themselves shouldn't be in the care of anybody. His Denreishinki rings and on the other line is Hikone, telling him has he found “it” yet, Tobita tells him no, and complains that Hikone keeps calling him. Hikone starts going on about how he's taking too long and that Tokinada will be mad, which Tobita ignores, having heard all this before.
-Hikone then tells him if he used Ikomikidomoe yet and Tobita says he hasn't. Tobita then wonders why Tokinada would trust him with the sword. Hikone tells him it isn't the real one and that it has the power to duplicate, but it only has half it's power, which is why someone like Tobita is even able to wield it.
-Tobita then asks what Tokinada is planning and Hikone says it's a secret and tells him bye and makes kissing noises before hanging up, which annoys Tobita. Tobita starts pondering on using the blade and remembers that it was said that some Quincies are in hiding in Hueco Mundo and decides to test it if he runs into one.
>>
>>157948648
SS didn't do anything to the Vizards and Urahara's group so its doubtful they would go after him unless he tries some shit.
>>
>>157948899
-We're now in the human world where this Shinigami girl is being chased by two humans. One is described as chasing rough while the other is lagging behind, going at a lazy pace.
-The rough human points at the Shinigami with his finger that shoots out a ray/light and yells the word “Explode/Detonate” and misses the Shinigami, but causes the area he was still pointing at to blow up. The other complains that he's making a scene.
-The Shinigami jumps to a rooftop which the human with the exploding finger points at, making the roof explode. The Shinigami jumps in the air, and he points at a bird that was flying by her, making it explode next to her, bringing her down.
-The injured Shinigami girl asks them what they want. Finger banger says he needs her blood. The other guy catches up and says he could have destroyed her body, calling him “Iizuka”. Finger guy now known as “Iizuka”, calls the other guy “Homma”, saying he was holding back, and if he wasn't, the whole street would have been destroyed.
-The Shinigami girl demands why they need her blood and they don't answer. Homma states that they are going to kill her since she's going to report them to the the Soul Society if she lives, so it won't even matter if she knows. Iizuka just says the Shinigami are going to fall before pointing his finger at her.
-Before Iizuka says his command, Ryunosuke shows up and grabs her. Ryunosuke has been reassigned to the city of Osaka since the war, which says where this is taking place. Ryunosuke tells them to stand down.
>>
>>157948936
-Homma doesn't feel threatened, and complains that now they have to kill two Shinigami. Iizuka says he doesn't mind since that means two less Shinigami in the Soul Society. Ryunosuke says he felt strange reiatsu and saw the explosions and asks if they're Fullbringers. Iizuka gives him a simple “No” and asks Homma if he wants to finish them since he(Iizuka) has been doing most of the work, Homma just tells him to do it.
-Iizuka starts calling Homma lazy and sirens start to ring in the distance. Homma criticizes Iizuka, saying he has made the district a mess chasing the Shinigami girl. Ryunosuke escapes while they are distracted, which earns Iizuka further criticism from Homma. Before they leave, Iizuka wipes his hand and sleeve on the ground in the Shinigami girl's blood.

-Ryunosuke is with the Shinigami girl, and asks if she's alright, and she replies that she doesn't feel like she's dying. Ryunosuke starts breaking down in tears and says he was scared and thought they were going to kill them. The Shinigami girl says he's acting like a girl. Ryunosuke also comments that the guy pointing his finger at her dressed like a rock star while the other had his hair slicked back like he wanted to impress a girl. He asks why people looking like that were attacking her. She says they wanted her blood and Ryunosuke asks why and she replies that she doesn't know, and begs him to take her back to the Soul Society quickly so she can tell the others what happened.
>>
>>157948965
-Iizuka and Homma meet a man at an unknown area. The man is described as middle aged in a loosely worn suit. Suit Man asks if they have the blood and Iizuka shows him his hand, and stating that the Shinigami got away, Suit Man scolds the both of them for failing the last part of their task. Iizuka defends himself saying that they only need one more sample of blood, since they already have the ones of their own (Human), a Hollow, and now a Shinigami. Iizuka says they need the blood of a Quincy and then the “rebirth” can start. Homma tells him that a rebirth is impossible after what the Quincies did. Suit Man agrees with him and says while they can't bring a “rebirth” they can still bring revenge on the Shinigami for taking away the true potential of humans. He also mentions finishing off the rest of the Quincies for “betraying” their human blood to follow a “demon”. (Yhwach?)
-Homma brings up Ichigo Kurosaki, and questions why no one was ordered to collect his blood instead, since he has been reported to possess all the blood they're looking for in one body, Suit Man tells him “Manjiro” said it wouldn't work. Homma then brings up Orihime Inoue, asking what they are going to do about her, in which Suit Man replies that she's a lost cause because she has allied herself with the Shinigami, and states further that even if they were to retrieve her, Manjiro would probably kill her because of her ties with them. After that, Suit Man tells Iizuka to follow him, even though Homma wanted to ask more questions.

-Hisagi is at the Tsunayashiro estate to interview Tokinada on what happened to his clan. Tokinada thanks Hisagi for coming and welcomes him in, asking what he wants to know. It ends there.
>>
>>157948223
Wasn't it changed in anime so Isshin wasn't home that evening?
>>
>>157948999
>Homma then brings up Orihime Inoue, asking what they are going to do about her, in which Suit Man replies that she's a lost cause because she has allied herself with the Shinigami, and states further that even if they were to retrieve her, Manjiro would probably kill her because of her ties with them.
INOUE ORIGINS????
>>
>>157931775
Don't really see how that could work.
>>
>>157948899
>>157948936
>>157948965
>>157948999
Based anon
>>
>>157938028
>hypothetically speasking
What was meant by this?

>>157937965
Why is Jap TV so predictable? Don't they themselves get tired of watching?
>>
>>157949049
It was. It was also changed so that not karin (could see spirits) but yuzu was in the center of the attention. I don't recall why people don't just follow retcons. Because it's clearly meant to be a retcon.
>>
>>157948899
Anon, are you a prophet or do you work at J-Books?
>>
>>157947781

Got too autistic about his autistic waifu.
>>
File: Matsumoto63-6.jpg (23KB, 640x480px)
Matsumoto63-6.jpg
23KB, 640x480px
>>157934937
I don't think it was said anywhere but I figured the Soul Society had souls of dead people and spirits native to it, like Rukia's and Byakuya's family.

I am more interested if there are any other Soul Societies/Soul-Society-like worlds for the Earth.

I mean, there was like only one black guy in the whole place and everyone dresses like the Japanese and possesses Nippon katana as a proof of their spirit strength.
>>
>>157951001
>there was like one black guy
Even I know this is wrong but I agree
>>
>>157951432
Were there any other black or dark skinned people aside from Tousen, Love, and Yoruichi?
>>
>>157951612
Zommari
>>
>>157951612
Zommari was an Arrancar, never in the Soul Society. Yoruichi always seemed to be Indian to me as well.
>>
>>157951650
I wasn't counting Arrancars, just people from Soul Society.
>>
>>157951612
Yoruichi's brother.
>>
>>157951879
sister*
>>
>>157951915
*broster
>>
>>157931775
He was, at least for SS arc. Hell if I know how Kubo originally wanted the story to continue after that.
>>
>>157948212
Just because they were important to one another doesn't mean they should fuck.
>>
>>157949694
I guess this confirms she isn't a Fullbringer.
>>
>>157952484
Then what is she?
>>
Anime Movie 5: Byakuya's Noble Mandate when?
>>
>>157952484
How many times is the explanation for her powers going to be changed? First it was her being near Ichigo, then it was the Hgyouko or however you spell it, then it was being a Fullbringer. Same for Chad.
>>
>>157952773
Was she ever called an actual Fullbringer?
>>
Will they pick the anime up again, or is it done for?
>>
>>157952818
nope
>>
>>157952855
There's probably more money to be made there, so odds are it'll get picked up sometime.
>>
>>157952604
As implied in this novel, a human with her potential unlocked.
>>
Did the Shinigami do nothing wrong or everything wrong at the end of everything?
>>
File: 678Tensa_Zangetsu.png (699KB, 1568x1299px) Image search: [Google]
678Tensa_Zangetsu.png
699KB, 1568x1299px
I still don't get it
>>
>>157952987
The only thing they did wrong was not killing Yhwach 1000 years ago. And letting Mayuri do inhumane experiments.
>>
>>157953009
What is there not to get?
>>
>>157952987
Soul Society is more about the Order/Chaos dichotomy than Good/Evil. Shinigami provide balance for the sake of balance.
>>
When's Tatsuki gonna be relevant?
>>
How many of these novels are there going to be? I was kinda hoping that Kubo would reveal what his original plans was before he decided to rush the ending and I guess he's doing that to some extent by using the novels but I'd be more interested in some kind of a databook or something. Either that or just animate it as anime original content.
>>
>>157935130
There's a novel?
>>
>>157936417
Probably the kindest soul in Bleach
>>
>>157936417
how was he the strongest espada again? I remember him shooting a shitton of ceros, and his resurrection was a bunch of wolf I remember correctly, but I don't recall him being that strong or that he would have that big of a fight with kyoraku.
>>
>>157949694
I was interested, but now I'm excited.
>>
>>157950739
>orihime is kubo's waifu
this deathberry propaganda again..
>>
>>157954805
Strongest reiatsu besides released Yammy, to the point where other hollows would simply evaporate in his presence before becoming an Arrancar. It's not like there's many Bleach characters who can go toe-to-toe with Kyoraku anyways.
>>
>>157954805
I mean if there was a ranking of knights where one guy had guns, wouldn't you expect that guy to be #1?
>>
"For the past 10 years, nothing has happened to break the peace we've enjoyed." - Toshiro Hitsugaya
>>
>>157954942
Ah okay. But when you said not many of the other charachters could fight kyoraku like he did, I instantly thought about how ichigo almost owned 2 captains right at the beginning, so I didn't really think of power levels as something to consider. I still like bleach of course, but sometimes I do feel that some solutions or turns of events are so random, and that he should have teamed up with a writer if he could have.

>>157954955
Lol, you're kinda right, but with that analogy, Soifon should have been the strongest captain because of her bankai.
>>
>>157954836
Except its literally true, he couldn't handle the fact that nobody liked her as much as Rukia so best girl got sidelined for autistic booby-san.
>>
>>157955253
Ichigo's power level is intentionally inconsistent, so he's not really a fair judge of power (Kenpachi is similar in this aspect) as we really only see fractions of his power until much later in the manga.
>>
>>157955551
Yeah I guess you're right.
>>
>>157952855
It'll be made eventually, no idea why shueisha is cockblocking Pierrot and TV Tokyo from making more.
Do they hate bleach money that much?
>>
>>157955551
I don't think it was really intentionally inconsistent, Kubo just realised later that it was inconsistent and had to add an explanation.
>>
>>157952773
It wasn't changed, it was all three.
Being a Fullbringer made her have dormant powers.
Being near Ichigo activated her spiritual ability.
The Hogyoku activated her powers which as clearly explained in the manga can only help people achieve the potential they had in the first place.
>>
>>157956091
At the very least it's explained in the canon multiple times, albeit with different reasoning depending on the arc. In Ichigo's case it usually has to do with his Hollow powers (and/or emotional state, but the two are related) and for Kenpachi it was always about holding back his own power, either consciously or unconsciously.
>>
>>157955145
Another non-canon novel written by the same guy that likes creating overpowered characters and overly dramatic villains and plots behind the scenes. Much like the Reigai filler that supposedly takes place right after Ichigo beats Aizen, don't worry about it.
>>
>>157956216
Yeah it is explained, I just don't think it was originally intentional. You're right about it making sense in the canon now though, and that is what matters about your original point.
>>
>>157956222
>non-canon
>>
>>157956222
>non-canon

Kubo himself has borrowed from Narita, the first Bleach Movie and anime filler in his own manga; so I wouldn't get too worked up over canon vs not-canon...
>>
>>157956391
How does the movie and anime stuff happen post-Aizen when Ichigo lost his powers?
>>
>>157934937
Kubo just doesn't give a fuck
>>
>>157956324
I guess it depends on how far back in the manga you want to look; even as early as the Menos Grande fight in Karakura, we are given hints that Ichigo's true power is far greater than what we see in the introductory arc. I'm not trying to imply that Kubo planned it all out from the beginning, I think its more likely he had a rough idea of how Ichigo's powers were going to develop and continued to adapt upon it in the later arcs.
>>
>>157956391
Not that anon, but somewhere I read or heard that the first filler arc, the bounto arc, was actually Kubo's original idea for the manga? Was that really, or am I mixing up some things?
>>
>>157956540
I thought that Zanpakuto Spirit arc was one of Kubo's original plans.
>>
>>157956584
Could have been. I just vagely remember something about a filler arc being rejected at first as a manga.
>>
>>157956469
>reading comprehension

I'm not trying to argue that all of the movies and filler are canon. I'm saying that Kubo deliberately borrowed some non-canon elements (specifically: Zombie Kira from the Narita short story; the Valley of Screams from the first movie; Kyoraku's zanpakuto spirit from the anime filler) and directly incorporated them into the canon. Therefore disregarding the novels as non-canon isn't really a meaningful insight to the current Bleach lore.
>>
>>157956513
All the hints at Ichigo's potential kind of fall flat in the grand scheme of things though. The Menos Grande is treated as this absolutely huge deal, to the point that even wounding one and forcing it to retreat is an unbelievable feat. Then it's not. That trend continues, Ichigo does something amazing and unbelievable, next thing you know it's chump change compared to what they have to fight now.
>>
>>157956735
Just like Naruto, Bleach suffered from DBZ syndrome with enemies.
>>
>>157953050
And keep souls in eternal poverty
>>
>>157956793
>>157956735
Except in Bleach's case it's not so much a "new enemies are so much stronger than the MC", it's "MC gets temporarily weaker to build tension because is powerlevel is tied directly to his emotional stability". Ulquiorra himself noted the massive fluctuations in Ichigo's power after SS, from being even weaker than Yammy at worst, and stronger than Ulquiorra at his best.
>>
>>157956899
Didn't they also preemptively arrest people?
>>
>Senna didn't win
Into the trash Bleach went.
>>
>>157956735
Menos grande are still threats to the lesser vice captains which there isn't alot of.
Just add hollows and hueco mundo to the disappointment list.
>>
>>157956903
I suppose it makes more sense that way, but it still makes the same result. Enemies are stronger, MC needs a power up. This is mitigated somewhat because (at least to me) said power ups are cool and actually fit into the setting pretty well. But I can't say that I like this particular formula for tension.
>>
>>157956656
The forest of Menis and Ashido.
>>
>>157957092
*Menos
>>
>>157956513
Yeah that was intentional, I don't mean his power was inconsistent in that it kept growing, but that it either grew or shrank depending on the situation (this isn't unique to Ichigo, everyone had inconsistent power). The Menos example is interesting because apparently a single Menos could beat a lieutenant and challenge a captain. Ichigo then beats Kenpachi and Byakuya, despite being significantly tired from all his fights. This would imply that he's at the level of being slightly above that of a captain, since the fights were still quite close. Later we are told that a single Vasto Lorde is stronger than a captain, and that the Arrancar transformation increases their power further. Despite this, we see most captains making relatively short work of their enemies, Byakuya kills Zommari, Hitsugaya kills Harribel, etc... Ichigo can't even nearly keep up with Grimmjow without his hollow mask. I'll give an exception to Ulqiorra, since he had that second release that no one knew about and thus could have been the most powerful in actuality, but he should have been able to take care of Grimmjow pretty easily without even using the mask.
>>
>>157955299
Delusional
>>
>>157957163
*Mayos
>>
>>157951950
I saw lewds of her once. She's a girl alright
>>
>>157957000
I would have preferred Nel to win, even though it wouldn't make a lot of sense.
>>
>>157957213
Nah, it should have been Candice.
>>
>>157957090
I understand how you feel, but then again I read Bleach for virtually every character that wasn't Ichigo, so the powercreep wasn't as big a deal for me. I think the back half of the final arc is where Kubo truly lost control of the powerlevels, but I can forgive him because it gave him an excuse to show off Kyoraku, Urahara, and Kenpachi's respective Bankai.
>>
>>157957092
>>157957163
Huh. Never would have guess, as I totally forgot about that filler. It wasn't even that long was it?
>>
>>157957204
Just a few notes:

-There's no reason to believe every Espada was a VL, as some (like Aaroniero) were specifically mentioned as not being VLs.

-Byakuya vs Zommari was a bad matchup for the latter, it really had nothing to do with overall reiatsu.

-Hitsugaya never 'killed' Harribel; and even if Harribel was a VL, Hitsuagaya is consistently one of the stronger Captains with potential to improve. It's not as if every Captain is equal in power, they all just happen to be among the most powerful Shinigami.

-When it comes to Ichigo vs Grimmjow, lets not forget that Ichigo would have lost to Byakuya if it weren't for the manifestation of the hollow mask, so saying "Ichigo should have won without his mask" is a far cry from the truth.
>>
>>157957275
I haven't gotten that far yet. I watched the anime, but now I'm reading the manga from the start. I just finished Ichigo's final fight with Byakuya. Following up on that, am I the only one who actually really likes Ichigo's bankai? I like the concept of compression and the simplicity of the design in contrast to other bankai. Too bad the design gets changed after the fullbringer arc.
>>
>>157957519
Yeah, Hitsugaya never killed Harribel, you're right. He did beat her soundly though and could have killed her if he had chosen and if it had been a one-on-one fight though.

Ichigo still kept up with Byakuya and managed to fight at nearly his level. He probably wouldn't have won, that's true, but he was still doing quite well. The hollow mask definitely increased his power hugely though, so I still think he should have been able to handle him fairly easily.
>>
>>157957630
I think most people prefer the classic Bankai design. For me, its less about the design and more about what it means for Ichigo's character: it gives him the power to achieve his goal but only when he needs it the most. Kind of 'unifying theory' if you will, that applies to both his sword as well as his inner hollow.
>>
>>157957630
Did anyone really dislike? I thought it was a good idea, managed to keep the MCs power unique without being ridiculous, as well as looking quite cool.
>>
>>157957841
>He did beat her soundly though and could have killed her if he had chosen and if it had been a one-on-one fight though.

Like Byakuya, I think this was more of a match-up issue (both being water elemental users), with Hitsu gaining a slight upper hand leading to his victory. But in terms of Reiatsu/Powerlevel, they were about equal, as to be expected.

>Ichigo still kept up with Byakuya and managed to fight at nearly his level

Yes he did, for while, until his body couldn't keep up with the speed he was moving at, giving Byakuya a massive advantage until the Hollow took over. I suggest you re-read that fight if you don't remember that.
>>
>>157931775

Actually yes.

Bleach was never suposed to run for as long as it did. The original idea was that Aizen got killed for real and wasn't a bad guy.

Once it got really popular SJW wanted to milk it for what it was worth.
>>
>>157958100
>SJW
Fuck off /v/
>>
>>157957312
Three or so episodes.
>>
>>157958100
>SJW
And also where's your source?
>>
>>157958034
>his body couldn't keep up with the speed he was moving at
Wasn't it the compression of his huge spiritual pressure making his bones vibrate or something?
>>
>>157931775
Has there ever been an anime where a long-standing support character ended up being the villain?

I'm not talking about things like Griffith where he started out decent but then made an evil decision / betrayal, I mean people who had been planning shit since the beginning but managed to be cemented as a support character for the majority of the series.
>>
>>157959687
Fullmetal Alchemist had King Bradley I guess, not really a main supporting character, but it's the closest that comes to mind off the top of my head.
>>
>>157959843
Not close enough to the core caste. Think King Kai tier close.
>>
File: 1496187437881.png (114KB, 214x411px) Image search: [Google]
1496187437881.png
114KB, 214x411px
>>157948899
>>157948936
>>157948965
>>157948999
Fake. JBOOKS didn't tweet about the new chapter. Why do you come to the thread every week to post fake spoilers?
>>
>>157954805
Everything near him just died. He then proceeded to split himself into two different parts to half his power.

Still everything around him after being split in half still died from his presence. If Starrk stopped being lazy and returned to his true form only Yammy would be able to kill him.
>>
>>157959973
Deadman Wonderland I guess?
>>
>>157960232
Oh yeah, I forgot about that.
>>
>>157960324
There really aren't many, and it wasn't very good, I don't blame you.
>>
>>157960358
That series had an ok premise, but beta protagonists are annoying so I never kept up with it.
>>
>>157959687
I haven't watched it but I hear Sinbad from Magi is that
>>
>>157960182
I expect Shinji bankai any moment now.
>>
>>157960920
And don't forget Isshin's.
>>
>>157948899
Yonkou?
Thread posts: 165
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.