[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: Garden_of_Words_poster.png (373KB, 300x421px) Image search: [Google]
Garden_of_Words_poster.png
373KB, 300x421px
So?
>>
dude feet lmao
>>
Definitely his best movie, rest is hot garbage.
>>
>>157875589
A little bit bland, 5cm/s is better. Your Name is shit btw.

>>157876058
Your taste is hot garbage.
>>
>>157875589
You're late.
>>
>No development
>No build up
>Suddenly they are already extremely close
Is Shinkai a robot? He understands nothing how feelings work.
>>
>>157875589
Takes a really interesting concept that isn't seriously explored often in anime (a relationship between a younger man on the verge of adulthood and an older woman already in the work force) and just does nothing with it.

The teacher got a bit of development, but the guy was just completely bland and had no personality besides the fact that he really likes shoes. And the problem with Shinkai's movies is that his male protangonists all tend to be interchangeable, he's more interested in big "relationship moments" like confessions than actual relationships and characters.

Other than that, it's just a stereotypical "reserved girl gets pursued and pushed to open up by high school", only this time the girl is the guy's teacher.

>>157876058
It's not much different from his other movies.
>>
>>157876332
>Implied they met dozens of times during the rainy season.
>Shared experience of avoiding responsibility.
>Started sharing food and he measured her feet to make her some shoes.

You clearly haven't spent that much time alone with someone, feelings just happen dude.
>>
>>157875589
Would have been better as a full length film.

I still liked it a lot though
>>
>>157875589
Beautiful animation, but re-using that "Tree bending over the water" shot 4 times in a 45 min film was a bit much.
>>
>>157876462
All this was shown in a very superficial way. It's like in Your Name, we do not SEE the relationship developing, Shinkai just uses a music video, a voice over and that's it: the characters already have a great admiration for each other. Sorry, I don't buy this lazy crap.
>>
>>157876749
>Beautiful animation
>in a Shinkai film
kek the characters might as well be pieces of talking wood
>>
>>157876816
Yeah, I think the appeal of this guy's films is the relationship baggage the VIEWER brings to the film, rather than anything actually shown in the films themselves.

Everything has to be superficial enough so that the viewer can self-insert and imagine what it would be like to fall in love with your teacher. It has to be general enough to remind them of the relationships they've had.
>>
>>157875589
So, what do you think, will he come to her?
>>
>>157877172
I disagree. There is a difference between suggesting and thereby stimulate the viewer's immersion, and being superficial. Shinkai is superficial. He always jumps from "we are unknown" to "my love for her is greater than everything" in seconds. He thinks that just putting those grandiloquent narrations is enough, but it's not. How will I imagine what it's like to be in love with my teacher when this feeling is built so poorly?
>>
I just don't understand why you would waste such beautiful animation on nothing.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.