[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Haikara-san

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 2

File: topimg_pc.jpg (3MB, 1920x2750px) Image search: [Google]
topimg_pc.jpg
3MB, 1920x2750px
New key visual released for the upcoming films.

>Benio Hanamura lost her mother when she was very young and has been raised by her father, a high-ranking official in the Japanese army. As a result, she has grown into a tomboy -- contrary to traditional Japanese notions of femininity, she studies kendo, drinks sake, dresses in often outlandish-looking Western fashions instead of the traditional kimono, and isn't as interested in housework as she is in literature. She also rejects the idea of arranged marriages and believes in a woman's right to a career and to marry for love. Benio's best friends are the beautiful Tamaki, who is much more feminine than Benio but equally interested in women's rights, and Ranmaru, a young man who was raised to play female roles in the kabuki theater and as a result has acquired very effeminate mannerisms.
>>
Looks a bit like a cross between Taisho Yakyuu Musume and Otome Yokai Zakuro.
>>
>>157827096
Well, it also takes place during the Taisho era, so no surprise there. (though Zakuro was set during Meiji).
>>
I never heard about this before, but I saw it got an anime in the 70s and it was dubbed in Italian. I am going to search for it and watch it.
>>
Is this the one directed by the Trust and Betrayal / Hunter x Hunter guy? I don't love the character designs but the story sounds nice.
>>
>>157826899
Okay, so it features a strong independent woman and an effeminate guy but what's the plot?
>>
>>157826899
>Tomboy x Trap
MUH
>>
File: 1331194484066.jpg (31KB, 526x300px) Image search: [Google]
1331194484066.jpg
31KB, 526x300px
>>157826899
Wait a minute, which one is supposed to be the girl?
>>
>>157827756
Presumably some arranged marriage debacle.
>>
>>157827663
Yes. Well, the first film will be directed by Furuhashi. The second film is being handled by Mitsuko Kase, but Furuhashi is doing the screenplay for both films. The other staff is really good though, so I'm sure they'll both be worth watching in any case (though I'll admit that I'm disappointed that Terumi Nishii is only doing the main designs and not sakkan).
>>
>>157827915
The girl is the girl. The man on the left isn't mentioned in that synopsis, he is Benio's fiance.
>>
>>157826899
>>157827096
The plot seems to read like some soap opera drama. I wish they just made more taisho yakyuu musume instead.
>>
>>157828162
Yes well, that's shoujo for you.
>>
>>157828067
Not expecting big things, but should be worth a watch at least. I wonder why the decision to make it into two films.
>>
Taisho era is my main aesthetic.
>>
>>157828162
It's an adaptation of a shoujo manga from the 70s
>>
>>157827859
The trap doesn't win unfortunately.
>>
>>157826899

And in 1945 they moved to Hiroshima, the end.
>>
Benio?
More like BENIS :DDDD
>>
>>157827859
Oh, for the love of-
Onnagata are traps now?

>>157828162
Well it's old as shit, I'll give it a pass. But the new art style isn't doing it for me.
>>
>>157826899
The blond one is a half aryan?
>>
>>157831072
Half Russian, iirc.
>>
Enjoy no subs ever.
>>
>>157826899
Oh God this shit is ancient. I think it was written in the WMT Anne of Green Gables era so Japan got all this "literary" historical shoujo novels like Candy Candy.
>>
Sounds like utter shit. Waste of a historical setting.
>>
>>157833391
It's not completely original, but I wouldn't say there's no hope of it being good.
>>
I planned on downloading this after I cleared out more of my backlog but Nyaa went down before that could happen. It was my biggest regret since the show isn't on BakaBT. I'm sure I could've found it somewhere else but luckily pantsu was here to save the day.

It looks like a solid classic shojo and I can't wait to watch both the original TV anime and these movies.
>>
>>157834193
Is original subbed?
>>
>>157834193
RAW can be found on AB
>>
>>157827096
it probably is
>>
>>157833770
>strong independent woman
>effeminate male
I'm certainly not a /pol/tard but I'm fairly sick of shit like this, I don't really want to watch another anime with a meek or effiminate male lead; I've been sick of it for years. And the fact that this show, at least judging by the synopsis, is based on these particular character traits doesn't bode well in my opinion. Which is a shame because like
>>157828457
said Taisho era is great and I would have liked to watch it.
>>
>>157837261
From this thread, it looks like Tamaki and Ranmaru are not male leads, dude in the OP picture is, and it's more like "taming of the shrew" type of plot.
>>
>>157826899
I have no strong feelings about the premise, but I'm totally in favor of more anime set in the Taisho period.
>>
>>157837261
The male lead is a soldier. The effeminate guy is MC's best friend who has feelings for her.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.