[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why did we hate Rebellion, /a/? I thought it was kinda cool

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: 1490742034509.png (1MB, 965x1365px) Image search: [Google]
1490742034509.png
1MB, 965x1365px
Why did we hate Rebellion, /a/? I thought it was kinda cool
>>
>>157699901
>we
>>
Homura did nothing wrong
>>
>>157699901
Anime very rarely has a closed and satisfying ending, Madoka did and they simply couldn't leave it well enough alone.

Fucking hell, at least Sunrise gave Code Geass the satisfaction of being closed for a decade.
>>
>>157699901
>we
it was unnecesary
>>
>>157701085
>Anime very rarely has a closed and satisfying ending, Madoka did and they simply couldn't leave it well enough alone.

This.

However, I still liked it. Especially once I realized Homura was right.
>>
>>157701162
I liked it myself, but like an announcement of CG season 3 it's a double edged thing. Rebellion was interesting, especially the scene at the end.

By consequence though it added another anime that didn't end in a nicely closed manner.
>>
It had severe pacing issues, it's obvious that it was originally written to be a season then shortened down. Some things are terribly under explains/explored.

The twist ending comes out of fucking NOWHERE and is super confusing the first time you watch.

Homura really shouldn't be able to know she could do something like that, the series up until that point had been consistent about what characters knew and didn't know they could do, but then Homura pulls some shit out of her ass base on what exactly?

The ending is begging for a sequel that we never got and probably will never get, despite the original series ending conclusively.
>>
Rebellion is a top-notch movie, anime or otherwise. Even people who are triggered by it can consider it noncanon since it's its own thing.

PS she did nothing wrong.
>>
Because it didn't have a scene where Homura confessed how much of a friendly friend she wanted to be to her once gal pal Madoka
>>
File: imposter.jpg (155KB, 500x492px) Image search: [Google]
imposter.jpg
155KB, 500x492px
>>157699901
> we
Pic related, it's OP
>>157700238
>>157701566
Yes
>>157701085
Exactly why the sequel was so good.
>>
>>157699901
>we

My only complaint is that Homura's motivation, while consistent with her portrayal in the show, could have been telegraphed in the script better. Instead you have to rely on crazy InuCurry symbolism that goes over your head on first viewing.

>>157701162
Homura does a lot of things wrong but she remains sympathetic. It's called being a goof character.
>>
>>157701511
Forgot to add, the Mami vs Homura fight that everyone loves is overrated. It's literally a bunch of shots of people shooting guns in unspecific directions with no real sense of position or flow. The ending is cool though
>>
It's unironically my favorite anime.
>>
>>157701896
I think that just makes it better. Not on the first watch, maybe, but doing it subtly like this definitely makes it better for subsequent watches, if you know what to look out for.
>>
>>157702021
you unironically have shit taste
>>
>>157702635
no you!!!
>>
File: kms.jpg (26KB, 640x279px) Image search: [Google]
kms.jpg
26KB, 640x279px
If I had to choose between the person I love more than anyone being happy and the end of the universe, I'd also choose the former desu.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.