[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I dont particularly love mechs. Would I like Evangelion?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

File: neon-genesis-evangelion.jpg (878KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
neon-genesis-evangelion.jpg
878KB, 1280x1024px
I dont particularly love mechs.

Would I like Evangelion?
>>
Try it and find out.
>>
>>157567543
No spoonfeeding, faggot. What he >>157567558 said, go and find out.

We´ll await your obligatory "WTF did I just watch pls help ;_;" thread.
>>
>>157567706
How is it spoonfeeding if I ask "If I dont like Mechs, will I like Evangelion". It seem like a simple question.
>>
>>157567777
Mechas have nothing to do with it. EVA isn´t about mechas, it just includes mechas. It could be an isekai or even a fucking salaryman seinen, the message and the themes would still be roughly the same.

You won´t like it if you either have no artistic taste or no capability of self-reflection.
Nice quads tho.
>>
Just watch it. I wasn't a big fan of mechs before I started Eva either, but Eva is one of my favourites.
>>
>>157567899
Thanks for the answer. I'll check it out. It look a lot like Lost from your description.
>>
https://www.4chan.org/rules#a
>>
>>157567963
>All images and resulting discussion should pertain to anime or manga.

Check

>The use of spoiler tags is highly recommended. To spoilerize text, enclose it like so: spoiled text. In addition, images may be spoilerized by checking the "[Spoiler Image?]" box on the submission form.

No spoilers

>Purposeful spoiling of a series may result in post deletion and temporary ban.

Still no spoilers

>The discussion of "live action" television shows is permitted so long as they are distinctly rooted in, or based off of an anime or manga series.

Not live action

>Japanese visual novels should be posted in /jp/, and Western on /vg/.
Not a book.

Why are you posting the rules?
>>
>>157568001
The fact that there's a mech in NGE is a spoiler and you shouldn't put it into the fucking OP.
>>
>>157568033
It's not a spoiler when it's on the full front cover of the series.

It's like saying that it's a spoiler that Naruto is a Ninja.
>>
>>157568075
That's not a mecha.
>>
>>157567543
The directing is top notch and the characters are well written. Just give your full attention.
>>
>>157567899
>Mechas have nothing to do with it. EVA isn´t about mechas, it just includes mechas.
the same could be said about every goddamn mecha show ever made.

evafags are legit retarded
>>
>>157568001
>PASS USER SINCE 2012
End it you nigger
>>
Eureka 7 is better than Eva. Evafags are just wearing Nostalgia Goggles for a mediocre mecha anime with MUH HUMAN CONDITION attached to the plot in a lazy japanese fashion.
>>
>>157567543

You need to have consumed a decent amount of mecha anime to get the most out of Evangelion as it's a deconstruction of the genre.
>>
>>157569593
THIS
I have seen a bunch of mecha series and hang around /m/ often non of the series that I have watched were centered around the mechs
Why does everyone who hasn't seen mecha think that?
>>
>>157568075
El Jeñesís de la Evanjeleon
>>
>>157570753
Naming the genre mecha, naming the shows after their mecha, mecha on the promotional material, it's not universal but it doesn't help.
>>
>>157567543
i think so. its about much more than just the mechs, they only serve as a way to (help) illustrate abstract concepts
>>
>>157567543
if you are a pretencious faggot then yes, you would like it, if you like to have fun and relax while wathing anime then no.
>>
>>157575340
>He can only relax watching action or moe.
Nigga, watching shinji and asuka get fucked over their horrible behavior is cathartic
>>
>>157575933
they don't end up minced alive, so no it isn't cathartic
>>
>>157576596
But one does, although she gets better.
>>
>>157567945
Difference being that Eva was planned out from start to finish and is consistent unlike Lost. The first episode has things you'll only get once you've seen it all before to the end.
>>
>>157567543
hey i disliked mecha too but.. theyre not exactly mecha and this show is beyond that. it was interesting but whether it was good/likeable is debatable
>>
>>157577736
It's not debatable, it's subjective.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.