[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Koe no Katachi

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 540
Thread images: 80

File: Koe no Gay.jpg (490KB, 1000x600px) Image search: [Google]
Koe no Gay.jpg
490KB, 1000x600px
Just my two cents here, having read the original manga when it initially released and having seen the movie and having just reread the manga, I feel both version of the story are heavily flawed.

The movie cuts many side character's plots, and while I understand that you can't include a whole 7 tome manga into a 2 hour movie, they should have probably cut out characters like Mashima and Kawai completely to add more development of the central cast. Ueno, and sadly Shouko, get the biggest shaft on their character arc. Ueno doesn't really getting sufficient backstory to explain her attitude, and doesn't get enough development to make her seem anything more than a total bitch in this rendition of the story.

In the manga, Shouko is shown as a girl who is unable to understand what people are trying to communicate to her (running parallel to Shoya's unwillingness to understand others), and confronts this lack of communication with self-deprecation and self-loathing. Her external "niceness" is just her trying to avoid expressing her own emotions and having others express their own to her. Both Shouya (who makes her express her love) and Ueno (who makes her express negative feelings). She isn't really the mary sue she comes off as in the movie, and there is a nice moment in the manga where Shouko contemplates a different and more positive scenario of her time in elementary school where she decided to react playfully to Shouya's teasing instead of deprecating herself as she actually did.

Cont.
>>
>>157519370
While I think the manga is overall superior because the characters were more fleshed out, I don't think it is without considerable flaws. The best parts of the manga are the very human characters and the commentary on current Japanese culture. The latter is particularly done well, where we get an idea that Shouya was a hyperactive boy who bullied Shouko initially to get a laugh from his peers, and later to force a reaction after being confronted with her overly passive response to his teasing (Something which Ueno does similarly later on in the manga). Around them both are classmates who bully her in a more socially acceptable manner (contrasted with Shouya's bullying), a teacher who is indifferent to his student's plights, a teacher who's active involvement in intergrating Shouko turned down, Shouya's mother who doesn't discipline her child, Shouko's mother who is overly strict with her daughter, and Shouko, who is doesn't stand up for herself.

The manga afterwards shows how Shouko starts growing with her interactions with Shouya. She starts to express more feelings, love, anger, and joy. After she is saved by Shouya, she actively looks to communicate her desire to other people and eventually chooses her own future. This whole part is missing from the movie, particularly because here desire to bring everyone together falls flat without the movie subplot. it overall makes her seem less like the flawed character who desires to grow as she was in the manga, and more of a mary sue who is to pure for this world.

Cont.
>>
>>157519389
The failure of the manga, in my opinion, is due mostly to the forced dramatic ending (the whole coma thing) which feels like a cheap way to make the characters confront each other and their flaws. The manga keeps going after the movie ending, making for a very weak plot thread where both Shouya and Shouko decide to become hairstylists, with Shouko going to Tokyo from her own accord and with Shouya briefly considering going with her only to later decide to stay home and take over his mother's business as he's the only one his mother has (despite the fact that we later see both Shouya's sister and her husband actively present in their home, meaning he wasn't really needed that much in the first place).

The ending makes no effort to solve the romantic subplot between Shouya and Shouko (They should really have removed it altogether if they didn't want to address it by the end). It also doesn't resolve the pending plot thread with Shouya and his elementary school friends or the wrap up the plot threads of any of the other characters (Especially the ones that were brought up literally in the last volume).

Overall, I think the movie made a good move in keeping an open ended closer, but I just wish they would have kept more of Ueno and especially Shouko's arcs intact.

Cont.
>>
File: e012.jpg (202KB, 728x1124px) Image search: [Google]
e012.jpg
202KB, 728x1124px
>>157519441
I really dislike the last chapter in the manga. It's just everyone meeting up for a coming of age ceremony and doesn't even bother to give any insight on what the characters plan to do next. Considering Nishimiya left for Tokyo and Shouya stayed behind, I would have liked to have a big of closure on if Nishimiya even plans on going back to her hometown or if she was just going to be out of Shouya's life forever.

Honestly, I sort of wish they had made Shouya discover a talent he had while he helped make the movie, like being the one who wrote the script. Maybe having him realize he's a good writer and go to university to become a writer would have been much more satisfying than staying home to keep his mother safe.

Maybe have either Shouko or Shouya study something where they can better integrate deaf children to schools? Making the plot go full circle were we see a little girl similar to Nishimiya actually intergrated with her classmates would have be nice if maybe a bit cliched. Shouko's decision to become a hair stylist comes is only foreshadowed in two throw-away lines, one where Yuzuru says Shouko cuts her hair and another where she puts Yuzuru's hair up for the movie and someone tells her she did a great job.

There is also a subtle implication that Ueno and Sahara are lesbians lovers, so there's that.
>>
>particularly because here desire to bring everyone together falls flat without the movie subplot
I really agree on this, the removal of the movie subplot removes a big part of the story and one of the main topics of the manga, suicide.

I also feel the last volume was a bit rushed, it would have been better to have another two volumes instead of the last one that just seemed to dodge the romance between Shouko and Shoya.
>>
>>157519832
Honestly, they just left everyone's plot thread hanging. While we can assume that Ueno grew out of her crush and she and Sahara achieved success in the fashion industry, we have no idea if Mashima grew out of his desire to become a teacher solely for revenge and what happened with Kawai's after her insistence in following him everywhere.

The worst are probably Shouya and Shouko, we never don't even know what they plan to do outside of "cut hair".
>>
>>157520102
> hey just left everyone's plot thread hanging
Can't agree more, how they left Shouko and Shoya's future hanging is painful, for the last page I assume they stayed together, at least I'm sure of that.

Also, how they potrayed Mashiba in the movie annoys me, he seemed so forced in the movie and it's almost like just a guy there.
>>
>>157520786
Mashima really should have been cut from the movie. His friendship makes very little sense considering he doesn't even do it to participate in the movie.
>>
>>157521145
Kawaii only talks to Shouya because Mashiba wanted to be his friend. She wouldn't have cared about him otherwise.
>>
>>157523211
They should have cut Kawai too, honestly.
>>
>>157523241
True that
>>
File: Nishimiya_Shouko_anime_design.png (551KB, 594x661px) Image search: [Google]
Nishimiya_Shouko_anime_design.png
551KB, 594x661px
>>157519370
is this op's review a pasta now or something

anywho, the movie is decent but cuts a lot of content. every side character got shafted and even shouko is lacking some of her development.
the making a movie plot was cut entirely, but whatever.

if you like the movie more than the manga, its because you like anime over manga. they could have done better.
>>
>>157523502
its a pasta been on /a/ for a few days.
>>
please someone just tell me if the subs are out
>>
>>157524177
yeah for a few days
>>
>>157524204
yeah but good subs
>>
>>157524233
35mm
>>
>>157524312
Cartel crap, no thanks.
>>
CR (or something else, don't know the source of HS release) subs are watchable if someone is wondering. Whole universe better than 35mm, comparable with Nii-sama. Video quality is worse though.
>>
>>157525889
comparison shots doushite senpai
>>
>>157525889
>>157526076
forgot to put this in; https://diff.pics/
>>
>>157520102
>>157520786
You guys forget that Shouya planned to takeover his Mom's business. He thought Shouko was going to study to be a beautician but Ueno tells him that she's goin to be a Hairdresser as one of the 3 things he didn't know. Obviously she's studying to be a hairdresser so that she can work at the Ishida household. Its quite clear that she wants to "help him live" in that regard.
>>
>>157519370
why did he go to the bridge right after he woke up from an a coma ? felt so rushed and unrealistic
>>
HS rip is out.
>>
>>157525311
how did this cartle meme shit start? i thought cartel refered to non pantsu hosting sites
>>
CoalGirls when?
THORA when?
ANE when?
>>
Japs are like the only people who would bully a deaf girl since they're soulless beasts.
>>
>>157531088
lurk for 2 years
>>
Can someone tell me why deaf girl go to normal school? Is it normal irl too?
>>
>>157531458
If I recall from the manga, she herself chose to go to a normal school, normally they'd have their own school or a special class.
>>
Date? With Shouko?
>>
File: 1486644369372.png (126KB, 309x313px) Image search: [Google]
1486644369372.png
126KB, 309x313px
>when his mother burns the money

stupid fucking cow
>>
>>157519370
Why are you spamming this? This is the second time you start a thread with the exact same TL;DR autistic pasta.
>>
File: derpy shoko.webm (2MB, 720x389px) Image search: [Google]
derpy shoko.webm
2MB, 720x389px
>tmw he wants to try out anal
>>
File: GoddamnItPedro.png (110KB, 415x307px) Image search: [Google]
GoddamnItPedro.png
110KB, 415x307px
Where was Pedro?
>>
>>157531458
>manga chapter 62.5
Her mom put her in a normal school because she wants her to grow up to be as normal as possible.
>>
File: 62983296_p0.png (350KB, 600x900px) Image search: [Google]
62983296_p0.png
350KB, 600x900px
>>157533112
>she doesn't know to react so she cycles through responses such as a happ response or a angry response
She's so fucking cute
>>
>>157533141
So what kind of job does Pedro do?
>>
Reposting these. Two MVs from the BD with some new scenes:
https://streamable.com/va6mu
https://streamable.com/xju9o
>>
File: tenor[1].gif (531KB, 498x358px) Image search: [Google]
tenor[1].gif
531KB, 498x358px
>>157533353
Construction
>>
So Nii-sama, 35mm, or HS? Which is the best subs?
>>
Why the fuck are anons saying 35mm is so bad? There are mistakes in Nii-sama too you know.
>>
is this supposed to be a tranny or something?
>>
>>157533740
watch your fuckin mouth
>>
>>157533692
Probably HS.
35mm looks like it has the best release, it's green after all whatever that means.
Downloading both anyway.
Nii-sama only appears in pantsu so I guess it's anon-subs.
>>
>>157533740

>draw a boy
>call it a girl
>>
>>157533754

I haven't checked HS yet, but 35mm is crap compared to Nii-sama. One of the most obvious differences is that the Nii-sama subs also add proper typesetting for things like signs and the calendar in the beginning. 35mm does not.
>>
>>157533740
>NEET
>actually goes to school with her nee-san
Hmm
>>
>>157533692
HS is the official translation, watch that or wait for someone to out that translation together with a different source.
>>
I just want to fuck this fucking slut lads.
>>
File: a silent note.webm (699KB, 800x616px) Image search: [Google]
a silent note.webm
699KB, 800x616px
>>157533740
what are you talking about, that is L right there
>>
>>157519370
>mango was forced drama. dropped.
>movie was forced drama. dropped.
>>
>>157533851
35mm translates the bread coupon, Nii-sama does not. I haven't yet seen someone showing examples of 35mm being better of Nii-sama, and everything that I've checked 35mm seems to be superior.

If 35mm is actually good, then use these subtitles with Beatrice-Raws

https://pastebin.com/JybuZHtb

It's from the latest 35mm 1080p release.
>>
>>157534066

Fuck her, and fuck all the other bitches too.

>Ueno is an insufferable cunt who wanted Ishida's dick and tortured others because of it
>Kawai is a fucking liiar who puts on crocodile tears if someone calls her out on her shit
>Sahara is frumpy and a coward, but is the least insufferable of the bunch
>>
>>157533940
SEAmonkey here, it might just be my memory playing tricks on me but I think HS's translation is actually worse than the one I watched in my cinema.
Posted this in another thread already because I didn't see this one up, but here's one example, in my cinema it was definitely
>My friend who came back from the dead, teach me to study please!
whereas this one has the whole first half missing.

Throughout the rest of the movie in HS there's other weird translations like "But it was me who didn't get the right number of umbrellas" which I'm pretty sure in my cinema was more like "I forgot to bring another one." Or "I thought she would stop saying she wanted to kill herself" instead of "I thought she wouldn't want to die anymore".

Just my two cents, that somehow from my perspective it looks like the Singaporeans had better translation than the Englanders.
>>
File: 1492975466812.gif (980KB, 227x221px) Image search: [Google]
1492975466812.gif
980KB, 227x221px
>>157534066
I want to drown that fucking cunt in the river while Kawai watches and I say "You're next" lads
>>
>>157534147

Maybe I have MPC set up wrong, but those just show plain white text at the top of the screen for signs and so on. Meanwhile Nii-Sama actually changes said signs and such to English. The bread coupon didn't even need much explaining since he instantly said as much a moment after grabbing it.
>>
>>157534174
Sahara is the dyke model right? She has absolutely no faults, what the fuck.
>>
>>157534174
>>157534218
>being this mad
Enjoy your disabled Donald Duck.
>>
>>157534337

>not finding the goofy speech adorable

I also once dated a blind chick, so maybe I'm fucked up and have a thing for cripples.
>>
>>157534218
Goddammit, Kevin Spacey.
>>
>>157534360
>goofy speech
Thanks for reminding me she also sounds like Goofy.
>>
File: Capture.png (1MB, 1366x730px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
1MB, 1366x730px
>>157534247
My computer is too shit to run MPC so I have to use VLC instead, and pic related is what I'm talking about.
>>157534206
If this is true, fuck.
>>
>>157534294
She ran away and didn't help. That is her fault. She let a problem grow.
>>
>>157534410

I just checked, he's right about HS missing lines and having fucked up shit. You're definitely better off with 35mm and Nii-sama.
>>
>>157534206
She actually tells her imouto that she wants to kill herself? And in shuwa of all?
>>
>>157534432
>you have to cater to a deaf bitch who wanted to go to a normal school and cause trouble around her instead of a school that specializes in disabled kids
Ueno was right. If Shouko didn't enroll in the school, Ishida and co. would have still been friends. She literally ruined their friendship.
>>
>>157534247
>>157534410
By the way I'll try installing MPC to see if it's just VLC acting up.
>>
>>157534469
>>157534147
Just had a look through 35mm subs, they do sound a lot more like the ones I saw in the theatre. Except unlike 35mm, theatre subs didn't fuck around with Shoko's dialogue and just translated straight what she intended to say. Fortunately my whole cinema (all chinks at that) was weeaboo enough to get the "tsuki" joke.
>>
>>157534570
install cccp or kawaii if you don't know how to codecs
>>
File: Untitled1.png (1MB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled1.png
1MB, 1680x1050px
>>157534410

I'm talking about pic related. Notice Nii-sama's subs add proper text to everything (minus the bread coupon, apparently), while all the other subs do not.

>>157534570

Nah it's not VLC. MPC shows the 35mm subs exactly like that too.
>>
Yamada's leg fetish has officially gotten out of control in this movie.
>>
>>157534538
They would've all grown up to be assholes. Atleast Ishida changed and learned a little empathy this way
>>
>>157534610
It was just the right amount. I remember Shouya'a face more so than that.
>>
>>157534538
>If Shouko didn't enroll in the school, Ishida and co. would have still been friends. She literally ruined their friendship.

They would have still been friends if they actually owned up to the bullying instead of putting all the blame on Ishida.

They literally threw him under a bus then complained about it later

>I JUST FUCKED OVER ONE OF MY BEST FRIENDS IN FRONT OF THE ENTIRE CLASS JUST BECAUSE I'M A COWARDLY WHORE
>WTF I HATE DEAF PEOPLE NOW

Ueno should LITERALLY kill herself.
>>
>>157533851
Not only TS, but nii-sama is not a liberalized crap for hungry burgers.

>>157534147
OK, but in next scene (few seconds after) he is literally reading what is written on the coupon. But yeah, cartelfag will be praising cartelsubs...

>>157533735
2 mistakes which aren't even relevant to the story. Comparing to changed personalities and burgerized script in 35mm.
>>
>>157534570
Use mpv my friend
>>
>>157534582
>>157534206
This anon here

Can anybody pastebin Nii-sama subs for quick check?
>>
Loli reverse traps are the future.
>>
>>157534538
How did Shouko even learn Japanese? It feels like a tonal language and learning the writing part is impressive if you can't hear it, especially for the kanji parts.
>>
>>157534716

I got you covered.

https://pastebin.com/366cPSLM

>>157534737

It's in the first minute or two when the movie opens. Just look at ANY part of the calendar. HS and 35mm DO NOT add text, and instead just put it at the top of the screen as white plain text.
>>
Is this the single best directed scene in all of anime history?
>>
File: schooling yuzuru.webm (289KB, 470x670px) Image search: [Google]
schooling yuzuru.webm
289KB, 470x670px
>>157533740
the one imouto that should have been bullied instead
>>
>>157534610
She mentions going to a high school to photograph high school girls' legs in the booklet.
>>
>>157534761
In Japanese intonation isn't THAT important. Everyone will understand you. It will be sounds just weird and bad, like Americans who are trying to read Japanese names (or whatever else). Cringy but understandable.
>>
>>157534631
>They would've all grown up to be assholes
No they wouldn't. Keep in mind that before Shouko appeared, they were just normal kids having fun all the time.
>>157534656
>They would have still been friends if they actually owned up to the bullying instead of putting all the blame on Ishida.
>They literally threw him under a bus then complained about it later
It was the right choice though. Anyone else would have done the same. If sacrificing one person can save more people, then all is well.

>I JUST FUCKED OVER ONE OF MY BEST FRIENDS IN FRONT OF THE ENTIRE CLASS JUST BECAUSE I'M A COWARDLY WHORE
See my reply above. Ueno did nothing wrong.
>WTF I HATE DEAF PEOPLE NOW
Ueno didn't hate Shouko for no reason. She was being a bother to her daily life. She even gave a lot of signs that Shouko's being a bother but Shouko didn't notice. Their class was literally forced to babysit someone they don't care about. Ueno and co. literally did NOTHING wrong.
>>
>>157534761
Jap is not a tonal language.
Also she wasn't completely deaf as a child she could use hearing aids. She's starting to go completely deaf as a teenager though
>>
>>157534803
Everything was on point during that scene. That music.
>>
>>157534662
Not mentionig that Nii-sama uses all honorifics, proper name order and proper romanization instead Shoko etc.
>>
Yeah, I feel the same about Shouko in the movie. They removed the scenes that made Shouko feel human and made her more into a pure victimized angel.
>>
>>157534821
She can't keep getting away with it
>>
>>157519370
>I feel both version of the story are heavily flawed.
who cares, it is beautifully drawn.
>>
>>157534803
How long are we talking about in a scene? Up until he hits the deck?
>>
>>157534867
>that raising panic in Shouya's face
>that raising tempo
>Shouya shouting Shouko's first name at the last second
>that trippy as fuck few seconds after Shouko jumps
>that regret in Shouya's face as he monologues
>that bloodcurdling scream he makes as he pulls Shouko up and he falls
>that flashback as he lays there dying
>that muffled ambulance noises
I've rewatched it tens of times already and I can just never get enough of it.

>>157534960
Up until the transition to the hospital.
>>
>>157534538
1. We don't know that she wanted to go there. Children rarely have a say in these matters. It's on the parents to make that decision since they're legally responsible for them.
2. We don't know the financial situation that the parents are in, and if they can afford a specialist school for the hearing impaired.
3. Putting all the blame on her and none whatsoever on the rest of the class, who all chose to act a certain way, and all possess agency of their own, is reductionist.
>>
>>157535009
Shut up faggot
>>
>>157535009
>that raising panic in Shouya's face
voice*

>>157535038
no u
>>
Embarrassed Ueno is cute!
>>
>>157534780
Cheers. Looks better than HS too. At a glance I'd be happy with either personally.

It does interest me though that both fansubs go to the trouble of converting Shoko's speech into garbled deaf talk (I WUB MOO), whereas the official subs, both HS's and the ones from my theatre, didn't do that and just treated the viewers like the weeaboos they are. And also that the HS official subs have honorifics but my third world theatre didn't.
>>
>>157535063

Yeah, it just mostly comes down to preference with 35mm and Nii, but both are notably better than HS. I'm actually disappointed in HS, since they hyped everyone up with their fucking delays, only to be worse than the stuff that was already available.
>>
>>157534780
True, I think Nii-sama is superior.
>>157535063
Nii-sama has the -san and the -kun honorifics so I think it's better.

If you had to pick between 35mm and Nii-sama, which one would you pick?
>>
>>157535059
Why did they skip the junior high years and just did elementary and high?
>>
>>157534662
That's it. I'm watching 35mm now.
>>
>>157534803
After watching the movie, this is the only scene I want to rewatch.
>>
>>157535132
You just answered the question, why are you asking again.
>>
File: bank.png (860KB, 1366x728px) Image search: [Google]
bank.png
860KB, 1366x728px
>>157534599
Oh, and here's the bank comparison between 35mm and Nii-sama.
>>
File: wat.jpg (36KB, 224x254px) Image search: [Google]
wat.jpg
36KB, 224x254px
>watching movie
>about 2 minutes in, leading up to Shouya wanting to commit suicice
>he doesn't, it's a calm scene
>suddenly The Who TALKING 'BOUT MY GEEENERATION
That scared me. Such a quiet moment, then I heard that. How is the OST? Does it just suddenly change around here and there like this scene?
>>
>>157535163
>not wanting to rewatch Shouko and Ishida fight it out again
>>
>>157535187
watch the fucking movie dude
>>
>>157535181
I wanted his opinion since he's watched the movie already and I haven't.
>>
>>157535187
Still not sure why he didn't off himself there.
>>
So all in all, if someone wanted the best quality of Koe no Katachi, they'd go Beatrice-Raws + Nii-sama, right?
>>
>>157535207
That was good too, but it did not stand out.
Maybe the one where Ueno gets smacked by Shouko's mom, but that's just personal bias.
>>
>>157535132
I'm personally okay with any translation that doesn't go maximum 4kids/NISA/whatever the hell CR was doing with Gabriel, so I would pick Nii-sama mostly for their typesetting.
It's an unpopular opinion, but I'm not personally hugely bothered about honorifics in anime because I have a functioning pair of ears. I might be slightly more ticked off for manga and light novels though.
>>
>>157535258
Pretty much. Don't forget to add missing fonts when you put the subs into Beatrice file.
>>
>>157535243
Yeah, it really wasn't clear. In the manga it's because he saw Shouko as he was about to jump (from what I remember).
>>
>>157535187
The OST is actually very calm and melancholic for the first half of the film
>>
The voice of an angel.
>>
what was this shot supposed to convey?
>>
>>157535019
>We don't know that she wanted to go there. Children rarely have a say in these matters. It's on the parents to make that decision since they're legally responsible for them.
I really doubt Shouko went into that school without her consent. Her mother obviously consulted her first.
>We don't know the financial situation that the parents are in, and if they can afford a specialist school for the hearing impaired.
It was pretty much showed that Shouko's family was doing pretty well financial wise. Disabled people do get pension in Japan and as they were able to buy eight hearing aids, (which costs a lot) in the span of 5 months, I doubt they're having a hard time.
>Putting all the blame on her and none whatsoever on the rest of the class, who all chose to act a certain way, and all possess agency of their own, is reductionist
Not really. Even if she was deaf, she could already feel that the people around her doesn't like her. But she still tried to approach them which resulted into the bullying.
>>
>>157535305
He did mention that later didn't he? But I thought he meant on Tuesdays.
>>
>>157535243
Because suicide is hard to go through with.
>>
So what release isn't fucked up? How could both raw releases have shit quality?
>>
>>157535350
Just how much are hearing aids?
>>
File: [35mm]-Koe-no-Katachi---A-S.jpg (284KB, 1920x1058px) Image search: [Google]
[35mm]-Koe-no-Katachi---A-S.jpg
284KB, 1920x1058px
Alright, I think I'll try Nii-sama.
>>
>>157535369
read the posts above you senpai
>>
>>157535369
Because apparently somehow official UK digital subs managed to be worse than the script put out by a bunch of ESL chinamen for third world cinemas.
>>
>>157535383
Cheapest one would be around 1000$ and that's only for one ear.
>>
>>157535345
If you didn't notice, Shouko only started to sing because Kawai pretended to sing.
She's a goddamn monster.
>>
>>157535420
Is Shouko's family rich? How the?
>>
lit(var) > anything else

We can at least agree on this, right?
>>
>>157535423
Holy shit, I didn't notice that. Kawai was already my least favorite of the bullies, but that really takes the cake. Ueno can't even compare.
>>
>>157535423
CUNT
>>
>>157535423
>>157535478
>Being this delusional
Stop calling them bullies. They did nothing wrong. Kawai was obviously just trying to get ready to sing in that scene but Donald Duck thought the song already started.
>>
しのーと思ってさ is more of a "I thought I'd go die" than "I thought I'd die" I believe.
>>
>>157535352
He felt pretty confident, but yeah I guess so.
>>
>>157535350
>I really doubt Shouko went into that school without her consent. Her mother obviously consulted her first.
Is it obvious? Is it really? I mean, since we don't see a hint or anything inferring that in the movie, I'd have to disagree and fall back to the general truth that the parents are, at this stage, picking what they think is best for their child and their current situation. Not the child. I didn't get to chose what schools I went to. Did you?
>It was pretty much showed that Shouko's family was doing pretty well financial wise. Disabled people do get pension in Japan and as they were able to buy eight hearing aids, (which costs a lot) in the span of 5 months, I doubt they're having a hard time.
Do you have any idea how ludicrously expensive specialist schooling can be? On top of the already massive cost of simply replacing lost or damaged hearing aids? Having a lot of money doesn't mean you have limitless money.
>Not really. Even if she was deaf, she could already feel that the people around her doesn't like her. But she still tried to approach them which resulted into the bullying.
Yeah, this is expecting a child to not act like a child. Especially one as already lonely as she already was. Adult humans aren't rational actors who have group-think so ingrained into their pysche that they would socially ostracize themselves - so you obviously can't expect half-formed ones to be any better.
>>
File: tybka.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
tybka.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
Can somebody add "Thank you based KyoAni" to this?
>>
>>157535468
Of fucking couse not, her mom is just a extreme wageslave who doesn't spend a single penny on useless shit, her household has the bare basics and iirc the girls have no toys, only some computers, the camera and phones.
>>
>>157535478

Kawai really is the worst. Unlike Ueno who makes her motives clear as day, Kawai pretends to be innocent and fakes crying if you try to reveal her bullshit.
>>
>>157535468
Japan has disability insurance programs and a mandatory health insurance.
>>
>>157535588
>"I thought I'd go die"
Ah, present tense, not past. "I think I'll go die"
>>
>>157535423
>it's true

Wow I want to strangle the life out of Kawai now
>>
>>157535617
Who were Shouko's friends that called her Shou-chan anyways?
>>
>>157535349
Why are there so many shots of Yuzuru's bare feet in this movie?
>>
>>157535415
I wasn't talking about the subs.
>>
>>157535706
You should be questioning why there aren't any chest shots.
>>
Is Shouko meant to be pretty in the manga? I get the feeling if it was a deaf guy who got bullied he'd get no help or redemption at all.
>>
>>157535768
That's because a deaf guy wouldn't get bullied.
>>
>>157535617
Whatever.
>>
>>157535768

>tfw never was a cunt like this when I was a kid
>tfw my class had a wheelchair kid and everyone thought it was cool as hell that he got a wheelchair

There was one faggot kid who tried to bully him, but we slapped that kid's shit.
>>
>>157534803

Dear god no. Upon first watch I knew exactly how the scene would be framed and play out before it finished playing out. It was a cliche and by the numbers scene execution. Was it a good scene? Very. Best directed in all of Anime? Not by a long shot. People are high on hype and melodrama afterglow.

>wasted the potential to have a firework flash cast a momentary shadow of Shouko that quickly fades through the curtain before the jump

Also the timing of the entire scene was off - it was too quick and there should have been an extra beat or two after Ishida spots her, but before she climbs the rail and he figures out what's going on. There should have been a moment where he admires her beauty framed with the curtains swaying and the fireworks going of.
They wasted what would been an amazing contrast of emotions. He comes in and it's all dark but they don't rush the scene, he just stands a little confused and spots her on the balcony admiring the fireworks. - not ominous music cue yet, just dead silence from the soundtrack and the reverberating explosions in the distance returning to the earlier established theme of why she likes fireworks (because she can feel them as much as others hear them). Shot to her, explosion goes off, curtains swaying in the wind, light silhouetting her beauty
Shot to him, and a calm gentle smile forms betraying his feelings in being able to steal this moment where he gets to watch candid beauty, like watching an easily startled songbird where any moment it would fly away.
Return shot to her still in the same pose, still only reverberating explosions in the background.
Shot to him/his eyes, explosions bounce light off his face as his expression shifts from stolen happiness to abject horror. See through his expression what she is starting to do before showing her doing it. Cut to the rest of the way the scene plays out as it is in the film.

FFS build tension assholes. Scene was rushed.
>>
>>157535808
Why not?
>>
Gotta wonder how hard it is to confuse tsuki and suki for a Jap.

It's pretty obvious given the context of the situation she wasn't on about the fucking moon.
>>
>>157535853
Why are you replying seriously to bait? Are you new?
>>
>>157535763
Beatrice-Raws then, if you want best encode.
>>
>>157535856
It's pretty obvious that he heard it but wanted to swerve it.
>>
>>157535856
This ain't no ordinary situation though. Your deaf friend suddenly decided it was okay to talk and now you have to decipher whatever she may say.
>>
>>157535856
You have to take into account he has zero self esteem at this point and questions whether he should even have friends let alone a girlfriend.
>>
>>157535853
What is this melodramatic nonsense?
>>
>>157535853
>FFS
>being this new
great job bud try lurking more
>>
>>157535856
Yeah, because Ishida really expects someone he bullied in elementary school suddenly confess to him right?
>>
>>157535856

It's >>157535934 and the fact that Japs are goddamn autists that seemingly won't give each other a hug. Sometimes I wonder why they're seemingly so afraid of physical contact.
>>
>>157535808
Why? I was bullied in school simply because I lack one eye. Surely a deaf guy would get bullied to hell.
>>
>>157535856
I believe she wanted to ask him to go out (つきあって[...]), not say "I like you"
That's why Moon-san was involved.
>>
>>157535618
Sahara us top-tier. I'd befriend her.
>>
>>157535973
>afraid of physical contact
>movie displays tons of it
???
>>
>>157535973
From my western perspective, it's so goddamn infuriating seeing almost no physical intimacy outside of rare family moments.
>>
>>157535973
I think that it's better in this way. Westerners are waaaaaaaaaay too open in this.
>>
>>157535973
a single hug in the entire movie, aside from the Sahara and Kawai one wouldn't have hurt
>>
How come everyone is a fucking 10/10 all of a sudden in the movie? They weren't supposed to be that attractive. Fucking Kyoani. Ruined yet another good series.
>>
>>157536091

Fuck off you slant. Cuddling people is a normal thing to do and is actually good for your mental health.
>>
>>157536137
what about the guy with the hair
>>
>>157536137
t. ugly tard
>>
>>157536091
It's only bad when you're with strangers. Friends and family? There's nothing wrong there, chapo.
>>
>>157535895
>>157535937
>>157535940
Not this new - just using it as an excuse for my own "I could have done it better" take. Replying to something gets more people to read it instead of just stating outright.
>>
>>157536166
You should try it sometime.
>>
>>157536167
Nagatsuka? He's cute.
>>157536169
Good reply.

Seriously though, how come Ueno, Kawai, and Shouko suddenly looks like goddesses when they weren't supposed to be that attractive.
>>
>>157536189
I don't know, hugging with friends? If it's a really close friend, then yes, why not, but in other cases? Even in my country it's not normal.
>>
>>157536228

I actually do with my parents, my siblings, and my girlfriend. There is literally nothing wrong with hugging people as long as you know they're comfortable with it. Heaven forbid you show affection to other human beings.
>>
Grainy sky - Art style or shitty encode?
>>
This movie has so much depth into it, it's pretty fucking amazing.
This dream sequence for example, it shows Shouko's wish to be friends with everyone, and how she wanted to talk about to Shouya after he shouted into her ear, and even how she wished she was closer to Ueno.
The biggest kick in the gut is her talk with Shouya. He's literally telling her he's going to go die and says goodbye, which leads to her freak out and dash towards the bridge.

I'm trying to figure out what Shouya morphing into his kid self again is supposed to mean. My best guess is that Shouko realizes that Shouya has been carrying his burden since he was that age since it happens right after he talks about dying.
>>
>>157535853
>build tension
This scene here builds it up.
>>
>>157536285
THis movie is overfiltered in many places. Still better than 3DCG.
>>
>>157536258
>Nagatsuka? He's cute.
Yeah but he's clearly supposed not be not-conventionally-attractive.
>>
>>157536285
Both. Yamada likes doing the same cheap filters I used to do when I was a novice editor.
>>
>>157536310
Forgot image
>>
>>157536277
They are not a couple yet.
>>
Is Horrible and Nii-sama the only subs available at this time?
I found a few mistakes in Nii-sama like other anons. When Yuzuru first sees Maria and thinks its Shouya's kid, he says it's his older sister.
>>
>>157536291
It hits you hard because of this, but people who don't notice it don't enjoy it as much.
>>
>>157536353
Post some of your work famalam
>>
>>157536258
>Nagatsuka? He's cute
He meant Yuzuru
>>
>>157536366
Ominously disappearing into the crowd after one long look.

Unless you're bad at social situations, it's obvious something was very wrong.
>>
>>157536379

You can hug your friends too you know. At least where I come from, it's proper etiquette to hug your friends to greet them and say bye. Hand shaking is for "I barely know that guy" or business.
>>
>>157536439
Well, it's totally different in my country. Even with close friends we are hugging only when we didn't see each other for a long time.
>>
>>157536439
But just what is a friend?
>>
>>157536274
I believe we have different definitions of friends. If you do not know the boundaries and limitations of your acquaintance, I don't think you can be called friends just yet.
>>
>>157536494
No, it's just a culture thing.
My best friends are entering my house without knocking for example, but we still don't hug each others for saying 'hello'. No one is doing it here.
>>
>>157536494
How do you find out the boundaries and limitations? What do boundaries and limitations even mean?
>>
>>157536439
>it's proper etiquette to hug your friends to greet them
Yeah, that's not what it's like in my country at all.
>>
>>157536393
At this point I feel like I'm just going to rewatch all of it, take tons of screenshots and analyze it piece by piece.
I haven't even done that with my favorite anime.
>>
>>157536388
Do you have a timestamp for that? I can check if 35mm has that problem since I have 35mm, HS and Nii-sama downloaded.
>>
>>157536592
Have fun overanalizing garbage.
>>
>>157536492
Not that anon, but I believe it's someone you can trust and know well.
It's someone who can be there for you when things are bad for you, and provide both the emotional and physical support needed to stand back up.

Vague, but the more involved they are with you, the better friends they are.
>>
>>157536591

Your country is gay then. We grab one hand, then put the other around the back as a sort of hug for guys. Women just get a normal hug.

I never will understand these autists who recoil from physical contact. Where I come from, physical contact means you trust the person and/or like them, so it's something that's sought out and desired.
>>
>>157535911

It's pretty obvious (the narrative) states he misunderstood it. See: later interaction with Yuzuru when discussing it. That said, there is no way a teenage boy while alone with a girl would misunderstand a confession in Japanese culture, especially when the word "moon" is involved. Most of these conflicts in Anime are based on the presumption that we are all blind to body language, but hey, it's dramatic story telling, reality tends to be boring.
>>
>>157536583
Are they ok being touched? What about how much you can intrude in their lives? Can you show up suddenly and drink beers with them, without them being annoyed? That kind of thing.

This is all chalked up to experience over a long period of time.

I remember touching the shoulders of a classmate in high school to get his attention, and he yelled at me not to touch him. Everyone is different, and not everyone enjoys intimacy.
So yeah, the longer you know someone, the more you know about what traits they have.
>>
>>157536685
Are you American?
Because you are acting exactly like an typical American. "In my country we are doing it in this way, so it's the best way for doing it"
>>
>>157536685

You know who else doesn't understand personal boundaries and the social connotations of physical contact? Retards. Are you a retard? Do you run around and give everyone big boy hugs to show them you are happy?
>>
>>157536757

Italian. We still actually take care of our parents and family too, unlike these faggots who go "oh you're 18 now, have fun living on your own".
>>
>>157536606
It's at 00:47:25
>>
Is Shouko's internal monologue expanded on in the manga? In the movie you don't really get any idea of what she's thinking most of the time due to the bad communication and it always seems like she's lying.
>>
>>157536757
I'm American and arguing from the same point as him, but I can most assuredly tell you that every family is different. It depends how close you are to someone that defines how you interact with them.

That anon has had a healthy familial relationship, and is able to display how much he cares for someone, while knowing the limitations of people at the same time. It's not hard to understand.

That said, I still think Ishida should have hugged Shouko multiple times. They had that close relationship needed for it.
>>
>>157536825
Shouko felt genuine but also at the same time obviously holding some kind of burden.
>>
>>157536722
Shouka thinks he did, but Shoya's incredulous rabbit-in-the-headlights smile and speedy exit says otherwise.
>>
>>157536750
Because thats the homo way to let someone know you want to fuck there ass ya fucking dunce, wanna get the attention of any male just slap them on the back or yell at them
>>
>that music playing in the background
Immersive as fuck
>>
File: well then.png (850KB, 1366x728px) Image search: [Google]
well then.png
850KB, 1366x728px
>>157536809
>>157536606
Well, 35mm doesn't have that problem nor does HS.

So far; 35mm = Nii-sama > HS

Nii-sama if you prefer honorifics and slanted text and shit
>>
>>157536983
>anything but mpv for your little girl motion pictures

top retard
>>
>>157536952
>never had a bro to watch and make fun of chinese cartoons while drinking 32 oz
I'm so sorry
>>
>>157519370
Just watched it, if anything they made Nagatsuka more tolerable.
>>
>>157536961
Do friends really just go out and eat at a burger place?
>>
>>157537056
Th-thanks.
>>
>she thanks him for the notebook
Why is she so adorable?
>>
>>157537077
I did when I was in school, not as an adult.
>>
>>157537135
>putting the bread in that dirt ass handrail
This isn't the part where she eats it, right?
>>
>>157537135
Is this bridge next to a hospital?
>>
>>157536950
>speedy exit
The pacing through the entire film was below average. Speedy exit reads the same as casual exit.
>>
>>157536983
Thanks for the comparison
Guess I'll just stick with Nii-sama since I have it
>>
>>157537206
Should just learn Japanese to be honest desu.
>>
>>157537173
Nope. Right after that she drops it into the water and jumps in after it.
>>
>>157537194

They don't make it clear in the film. It's almost treated like the same location and as a "touchstone" in the narrative, but if that's the case it's next to a hospital, a funeral home, and within line of sight of her school. It's ambiguous at best.
>>
>>157537194

How did he even escape the hospital without security grabbing him?
>>
What the fuck is wrong with the soundtrack in this movie? Why is treacly piano music playing during brutal bullying scenes?
>>
>>157537310
I found that unusual too. Very weird tone for such heavy themes.

But you know what? They sort of work.
>>
>>157537310
It's not an action scene that's why. It's a drama one.
>>
>>157537310
It's the best use of sound in anime since Boogiepop pleb
>>
>>157537309
Plot armor
>>
>>157537206
>おう ネズミじゃないか
Nii-sama translation: Huh? Oh, you rat.
My pleb translation: Oh? If it isn't the rat.

Losing faith in Nii-sama here.
>>
OP song/sequence was the best part of the movie
>>
>Ueno and Kawai don't even redeem themselves
>Kawai is still living in denial and basically ignored what Ishida told her on the bridge, when he wakes from his coma she's acting like nothing was said
>Ueno is still a cunt to Shouko at the end and continues to be edgy for no reason even

If I was Ishida I'd have nothing to do with them, they're a waste of space.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S-vST82j0j4
I hear Ishida humming the song and immediately thought of this. I know it's a popular children song but still.
>>
File: 1493522913023.png (783KB, 1043x1328px) Image search: [Google]
1493522913023.png
783KB, 1043x1328px
>he doesn't know japanese
>spends his time autistically discussing subs he doesn't understand
>>
>>157537750
Relationships aren't fixed in a heartbeat like you would believe friendo. It takes time.
>>
>>157537802
Makes you think really
>>
>[HorribleSubs] Koe no Katachi - 00 [1080p].mkv
What is this supposed to be? The movie cut into series?
>>
>>157538520

It's just the movie. As people pointed out though, stick to 35mm or Nii-sama for subs. HS is riddled with errors.
>>
>>157537309
I've done that in the past, but I can't imagine doing it dressed like he was.
>>
>>157537750
>Ueno is still a cunt to Shouko at the end and continues to be edgy for no reason even

Just in case you missed the neon sign that read "Ueno is romantically interested in Ishida" then let me officially let you know. Ueno is romantically interested in Ishida.
>>
Best subs so far?
I've already read the manga, but I want to watch the movie.
>>
>>157538711
Then why did she so readily ditch him and let everyone else shit on him?
>>
>>157538754

Nii-sama/35mm.
>>
>>157537173
They use it to feed the fish, not eat it.
>>
>>157538790
You've never dated a woman, have you?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3hmlPtRu1SQ
>>
>>157538711
>Ueno is romantically interested in Ishida

Obviously. Still gives her no excuse to act the way she does though, the part on the ferris wheel was just horrible.

Also what >>157538790 said, she didn't exactly hesitate to throw him under the bus with the rest of them.

Like I said, shitty person who is still shitty at the end. I can't see what Ishida could gain from having her and Kawai around. I'd just ditch them and hang out with Shouko, her sister and the little fat dude. They're his new friends.
>>
>>157537310
Because Shouya doesn't see what he does as brutal, he sees it as playful. That is why the music works so well, it helps us put us in the mindset Shouya had while he bullied her. It is also why said music doesn't show up in the scenes where he throws sand at her, throws her notebook away, and makes her bleed, because those became serious and he realized.
>>
File: 1475420216606.jpg (18KB, 314x480px) Image search: [Google]
1475420216606.jpg
18KB, 314x480px
OFFICIAL KYOANI MOVIE POWER RANKINGS

1. K-On movie
2. The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya

POWER GAP

3. Tamako Love Story
4. Kyoukai no Kanata: Mirai-hen
5. Koe no Katachi
6. High Speed
>>
>>157539121
>tamako abover KnK
For fucks' sake anon.
>>
>>157539121
1. Koe no Katachi
2. Tamako Love Story
3. K-On! Movie
4. Disappearance
5. Mirai-hen
6. High Speed
>>
>>157539054
Non-sequitur; : a statement (such as a response) that does not follow logically from or is not clearly related to anything previously said

>Ueno is romantically interested in Ishida
No where did I say her attitude was justified, but there very much is a reason for it in Ueno's mind.
>>
>>157539121
I can agree with this. Also add another power gap, below are all the recap movies which all were bad.
>>
>>157539054
Ueno felt bad about what she did and regretted it, which is why she tried so hard to make up with Ishida when she grew up. I'd be more keen on forgiving her for a mistake she did in elementary school. And while she was a bit of a bitch to Shouko, Ueno was pissed at what she interpreted as a facade by Shouko.

Kawai is a total unredeemable cunt who should have been turned away. In the manga its clear she's only there for Mashiba and not for anyone else.
>>
>>157539121
>K-on over disappearance

I love K-on but c'mon, the movie was pretty tame. It was just a long episode, without any particularly strong moments. Disappearance on the other hand was a huge rollercoaster of emotions done with superb execution.
>>
>>157537637
>>157538553
>>157538754
>>157538814
Nii-sama has errors too, but if you read the manga it shouldn't be a problem. 35mm is the best objectively.
>>
>>157533851
I hate you nii-Sama shills, I fucking listened to you and those subtitles were god awful and awkwardly translated. What's wrong with you. Why can't you be honest instead of a shill.
>>
>>157537637
Janai with ask particle ka translated into
Isn't it a -something-?
Both versions are bad. But Nii-sama is closer,even if it's rather a liberal way to translate it.
>>
>>157539121
>Tamako Love Story

The original series was the shittiest thing Kyoto Animation have done, yes, even worse than Phantom World. It was literally "Absolutely nothing happens: The anime"

Then they released a movie and I thought "Maybe they've stepped up"

They did not, that was garbage too. Wasted like an hour and a half of my life that I'll never get back
>>
>>157539326
>shilling for animu subs
Do you even stop to think about the shit you're about to post?

Nii-sama has some errors but it's fine.
35mm has some errors but it's fine.
HS is filled with errors and it's not fine.

Fucking deal with it or go learn japanese.
>>
>>157539410
Congrats on the horrid taste, I guess?
>>
I can't believe I waited a week for this shit sub
>>
>>157539440
whats wrong with horriblesubs?
>>
So we all agree that cute mom and cute lil brown girl are the best part of the movie, right?
>>
>>157539534
The squeaky sounds when brown-chan walked were cute
>>
>>157539520
No formatting, no typesetting, multiple straight up wrong tranlations, missing subs in some lines.
Read the damn thread.
>>
>>157539326
What exactly is 'God awful'?
I rather prefer faithful tl than beautiful English. I'm not reading an English poems, I want to know what characters are really talking.
>>
>>157539520
>>157539483
>>
>>157535243
He saw a bunch of kids down below playing with fireworks and realized it would be bad to jump there where they could witness it. Literally the only thing that seemed to stop him in the film, seeing those children down below.
>>
>>157535423
Are you guys retarded? She took a breath about to start singing and shoko misunderstood that as time to start. I hate kawai too but that's not what happened
>>
>>157539440
Isn't it only natural. Official translations are usually bad. Unless it's a publisher like Seven Seas (manga and ln) who is genuinely caring about faithfulness and authenticity of their translations.
>>
>>157536961
L A S E R

L A S E R

L ... A .... R

God tier soundtrack
>>
>>157537309
Manga shows a bit more detail, nurses notice he is awake and go to get him water because his mouth is dry as a bone from the coma to the point he can't talk correctly. While the nurse is away he sneaks out in a panic.
>>
>>157539406
His pleb translation still sounds more accurate than Nii-Sama
>>
>>157539440
I do think, Anon. You shills won't stop discussing nii-sama and countless people in this very thread point out errors throughout the nii sama version.

But you shills keep going because muh honorifics

God damn it's embarrassing
>>
>>157539591
I would prefer proper English, not clunky as fuck translations--read the Yuzu translation someone posted recently, somewhere above this post. He translated it better than nii sama. It flows smoothly.
I can tell English isn't your first language though so I don't expect you to understand.
>>
>>157540056
In those thread by last 2days countless anons pointed why 35mm is bad. Honorifics were only one of many reasons.
No one said that Nii-sama/Mashiro version is error-free. But those errors are not revelat to the story and it's not breaking the immersion in any way, while 35mm is doing it in half of dialogues by super-duper overliberal interpretation.
Fixing Nii-sama would be easy as fuck, few lines. Fixing 35mm would be a hell of work, because a half of lines should be replaced, add the honorifics and change retarded romanization.
>>
>>157539565
>>157539483
did horriblesubs actually use amazon? idk i really doubt amazon would've released this shit
>>157540225
You do realize people can tell that English isn't your first language and your credibility suffers as a result, right?
>>
>>157540287
>did horriblesubs actually use amazon? idk i really doubt amazon would've released this shit
Don't know and honestly don't care since I don't need subs.
But the people who get all hissy over subs they don't understand need to fuck right off.
>>
>>157540168
Of course it isn't. I'm watching anime with English subs exactly because of it. In my country literally ALL translations looks like commie. Fansubs, official subs, official manga translations. Everything is localized as fuck. Yes, it 'flows' as you called it, but with that flow 50% of dialogues, nuances etc are lost in translation which I literally hate and can't stand. So I rather prefer to read 'clunky' lines which are close to original dialogues than super correct and polished, in many cases made up shit.
>>
>>157540225
It was pointed out earlier that Maria was Shouya's little sister in Nii-sama whereas in reality it's the daughter of Shouya's sister.
>>
>>157540225
>countless anons
I hate to break this to you, but it's plain as day from your posting style that you've been the only one shitting on 35mm. If you worked on Mashiro or Nii-sama then thanks for your hard work, but please just stop. Translating Kawai's name as cute, misinterpreting the megame as she and not their teacher, and saying Maria is Ishida's fucking older sister are not errors that are "not relevat," they're fucking embarrassing and completely rule out Nii-sama as an option.
>>
>>157540225
That's my main problem though, they DO break your immersion because the dialogue then sounds strange. And there are very obvious errors, even in Ishida's dialogue. And the way nii-sama translated ishida's first reaction to seeing a deaf girl didn't feel correct either. I believe nii sama translated Ishida as saying "weird"
>>
>>157540554
I don't even know how to put subs into mkv. And to be completely fair, I mentioned only 3 or 4 times about subs in past 2 days. I'm sorry if I disappointed you.
>>
Is this translation right?
>>
Ueno is for _____
>>
File: Ueno.png (3MB, 1920x1036px) Image search: [Google]
Ueno.png
3MB, 1920x1036px
>>157540906

loving
>>
>>157540906
marriage
>>
Hai Hai. Nii-sama here. I want to clear some misunderstandings.

-translation credit should go to Mashiro
-I hate liberal subs, so I used Mashiro
-I hate when honorifics are not included, so again - I used Mashiro
-I didn't plan to release it, but my friend told me to do it, so I uploaded it like Eromanga-sensei
-I corrected few lines, but it was before I watched it. Obviously this subs has some problems but in the end I'm glad that I watched it with this translation than 35mm or even worse - official crap
-all names were re-romanized because I can't stand simplified writing like Shoko
-all missing fonts has been collected and put into mkv
-added ts to 2 or 3 scenes
-changed the default font color and font itself
In free time I can upload corrected version, but you guys need to tell me the proper English lines, because I'm ESL too, and I don't want to fuck up something. I can understand English almost perfectly, but talking and writing it's something totally different and everyone who is learning second or more languages knows it very well.
>>
>>157540906
Rape.
>>
>>157540906
sweet vanilla sex
>>
>>157539534
>cute mom

She's a grandma as well.
>>
>>157540825
What's the timestamp? I can compare with Nii-sama and 35mm.
>>157541096
You might want to ask somewhere else if you need help from an EFL. Try /wsr/ or /adv/, or some channel on rizon.
>>
>>157541260
1:44:06
>>
>>157541260
1:44:11

It feels weird that 6th grade Shouko was telling Yuzuru she was suicidal
>>
File: similar tbh.png (909KB, 1366x730px) Image search: [Google]
similar tbh.png
909KB, 1366x730px
>>157540825
>>157541376
>>157541377
Looks to be similar
>>
>>157540825
>>157541624
これ見たら、姉ちゃん死にたいなんて言わなくなると思った
Is what I can hear, so 35mm is closer.
>>
>>157534844
>It was the right choice though. Anyone else would have done the same. If sacrificing one person can save more people, then all is well.
Right choice would be owning up to it. If whole class gets outed as bullies then it blows over quickly. Teachers can't punish the whole class by detention. Even if they do, then nobody will care because they share the blame.
It's different when just one guy gets singled out. He then becomes a convenient target.
>>
>>157534599
35mm translates it too.
Nii-sama has obvious mistakes like the translation of what he wrote when he gave back the money.
>>
>>157535397
It has serious mistakes that have been pointed out, while nobody gave any examples of outrageous mistakes in 35mm.
Your choice though.
>>
Did she ever had that smile in the manga?
The only one she doesn't fake.
>>
What's with the blood stains? Was she beaten by Shouko's mom?
>>
>>157543058
That was a good part actually, I don't think it was in the manga.
She isn't really bleeding, it's in Ishida's head.
>>
>>157536277
Fuck off.
>>
>>157543120
Ah, I see, I also thought it was weird to actually happen and that the directing wasn't conveying that. Thanks.
>>
>>157543058
Shouko's mom pulled her earring.
>>
>>157537750
>>Ueno is still a cunt to Shouko at the end and continues to be edgy for no reason even

Learns sign language just to communicate with her and you say she's still a cunt.
>>
>>157543120
how didn't it happen if she has a scar later?
>>
>>157543120
i started reading the manga after the movie (to see what things they skipped)
and the bleeding was there too
even when he put the money in her pillow she still had that "cut/scar" from the earring in her ear
>>
>>157543303
Actually, scratch that, >>157543305 and >>157543415 are right, I should have finished the movie first, my bad for having ADHD.
>>
>>157542538
I still haven't seen a single example where Nii-sama was better.
>>
>>157519488
>There is also a subtle implication that Ueno and Sahara are lesbians lovers, so there's that.

that's just Ueno trying to make shouya jealous you tard
>>
>>157525889
>CR (or something else, don't know the source of HS release) subs
They're the official English release subs. Same ones that were used in the cinema showings that happened in UK/Ireland back in Feb/March.
Sadly the couple of mistakes that were in the cinema subs are left over in the final release.
Nothing major though, and the trade off is worth it considering how much better the dialogue flows overall compared to the 35mm or Nii-sama subs.
>>
this nigga
>>
Why did Shoko want to kill herself though
>>
>The Who playing on a movie made by an studio most knowed for their heavy otaku pandering

I wonder if most Kyoani fans even know the band.
>>
Now that the dust has settled, was it a good movie?

http://www.strawpoll.me/13022142
>>
>ishida's sister got blacked so hard she had literally 0 screentime
holy shit
>>
>>157544626
She believes she's a burden on everyone, and that everyone will be happy if she's gone.
>>
File: 46018171.webm (3MB, 720x389px) Image search: [Google]
46018171.webm
3MB, 720x389px
>>157535207
>rewatch Shouko and Ishida fight it out again
why is Ishida so violent against deaf girls man
>>
File: 46018172.webm (3MB, 720x389px) Image search: [Google]
46018172.webm
3MB, 720x389px
>>157544984
>>
>>157544800
Did she ever show up in the manga? I don't remember
>>
File: 46018173.webm (3MB, 720x389px) Image search: [Google]
46018173.webm
3MB, 720x389px
>>157545040
>>
File: 1492403643833.jpg (43KB, 322x605px) Image search: [Google]
1492403643833.jpg
43KB, 322x605px
>>157545159
>started crying out of nowhere when this scene happened
what did they mean by this
>>
Question for anyfags that saw the movie in cinema or even the offical bd release, but is shokos sign language subbed? Because there's a couple scenes where I have no clue what she said
>>
>>157545040
She lands like 6-8 kicks on him

Not bad
>>
>>157545040
>>157545159
It's kind of bizarre to see KyoAni animate this.
Then again the Black Mirai scene wasn't too long ago.
>>
>>157535990
Nah, because the text she sent to Yuzuru says otherwise m8.
>>
Does anyone die in this?
>>
>>157545658
yes
>>
I gave up on the movie halfway through. It was boring. I had intended to watch it with my lover because it sounded like a good story for everyone but that person gave up even before I did. Thought the beginning was alright but it never followed through with anything and I grew bored. Lens flare dont make up for lack of direction and awkward characters, as well as the lack of story and awfully slow pacing.
>>
File: 0506_05.jpg (76KB, 800x431px) Image search: [Google]
0506_05.jpg
76KB, 800x431px
Yuzuru is literally perfect. I love everything about her. She's so cute. I wish I had a girlfriend like her.
>>
>>157545695
Here's your attention.
>>
>>157545723
She was so much better in the movie. Great voice acting
>>
This movie is so goddamn perfect. It might even be my favorite anime.
>>
>>157545794
Hiding behind "it's bait", huh?
This is why this board is shit.
It did have a good beginning but goddamn how slow it is. It's over sentimentalism.
>>
>>157545987
>This is why this board is shit.
Then leave, ADHD-kun
>>
>>157545667
Welp, I'm out. I hate that shit in drama.
>>
File: yuzuru.jpg (833KB, 3840x2072px) Image search: [Google]
yuzuru.jpg
833KB, 3840x2072px
>>157545723
>>157545820
>>
>>157543120
It's in the manga just less noticeable.
>>
>>157546095
The design work is incredible. Sasuga Nishiya.
>>
>>157545878
Watch more anime
>>
>>157543058
payback for Ishida tearing Shouko's earlobe
>>
>>157545987
Maybe if you paid attention and didn't have your lovers massive cock down your throat you'd like it more
>>
This movie feels so rewatchable
>>
>>157546095
>>157546193
I would die to protect that smile. Why can't real girls be cute like her?
>>
>>157546302
already rewatched it thrice, and I never rewatch anything
>>
is Ishida supposed to be poor or is that how most japanese people live?
>>
For the love of God anons, can one of you please give me the "it only gets worse" manga stitch?
>>
File: Capture.png (7KB, 401x223px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
7KB, 401x223px
>>157546195
I've seen enough.
>>
>>157546364
they're japanese white trash
>>
>>157546372
Nice micropenis.
>>
>>157546372
Then get better taste
>>
>>157546364
He's poor man his mom cuts hair for a living
>>
>>157533810
She's a kid dude, if she had long hair no one would think she looks like a boy
>>
>>157546364
He's supposed to be poor. Money is a real sore spot to him, and learning how much those hearing aids cost made him realize the consequences of his actions.
>>
>all these people fighting over the subs

35mm has a bunch of issues too, such as honorifics missing and bullshit like "Sho" instead of "Shou". Nii-sama has some translations errors, but it doesn't fuck up on honorifics and names. HS is just bad in general.
>>
>>157546547
She's old enough to be my gf to be honest. Sorry you have such shit taste in women.
>>
>>157546651
>such as honorifics missing and bullshit like "Sho" instead of "Shou"
That's better than plain wrong translations >>157540554
. Who the fuck cares about honorifics?
>>
>>157546651
>complaining about honorifics

are you deaf too?
>>
File: grieving yuzuru.webm (708KB, 720x389px) Image search: [Google]
grieving yuzuru.webm
708KB, 720x389px
>>157545723
>>157546095
having a suicidal sister and your grandmother pass away next to you is too much too handle for someone so young
>>
>>157546804
I wanna hug her and and never let go to comfort her.
>>
watch this then rewatch the scene with the butterfly https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U2cAM_jaS2k
>>
Most accurate subs right here

>>157542538
>what I can hear
The 35mm file I got has Japanese subs too, and yeah that is indeed what she said.
>>
File: bridge.jpg (81KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
bridge.jpg
81KB, 600x400px
Does anyone want to jump from that bridge?
>>
>>157546736

>leaves out honorifics and spells names wrong
>somehow this isn't a mistranslation

If anything, the best option would be to just edit the Nii-sama subs in fucking notepad in those three spots.
>>
None of the characters besides Yuzuru, Shouko and Shoya were interesting nor did I give a fuck about any of them, yet the mangaka insisted on focusing on them so much and turning the manga from an interesting premise into typical high school drama.
>>
>>157547379
I honestly think the anime would've been better if it was only about Yuzuru-chan.
>>
File: 01.43.22.jpg (230KB, 1440x777px) Image search: [Google]
01.43.22.jpg
230KB, 1440x777px
>"kill me already"
>>
>>157547379
It's not the mangaka's fault that Yamada chose to include them
>>
>>157547450
I thought Yamada was the mangaka, but whatever my point still stands.
>>
>>157547379
That's fine, though? The main characters being more interesting than the side characters.
>>
File: 1483569045974.jpg (26KB, 433x380px) Image search: [Google]
1483569045974.jpg
26KB, 433x380px
>>157547475
>I thought Yamada was the mangaka
How new are you?
>>
>>157547441
I love this scene, movie Ueno was best girl by far.
>>
>>157547603
Maybe if you're a fucking cunt.
>>
>>157547509
But the side characters were huge parts of the overall story yet there is absolutely nothing interesting about them whatsoever.
>>157547522
Apologies — I was confusing Yamada with Yoshitoki since you said "not the mangaka's fault". The mangaka chose to include them first. This is an adaptation of her work.
>>
So can she actually somewhat hear? She's not completely deaf is she? Otherwise she wouldn't be using hearing aids
>>
/a/ what am i supposed to do with this urge to protect
>>
File: bait.gif (2MB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
bait.gif
2MB, 480x360px
>>157519370
Copypasta or autism
saged
>>
>>157547716
A true protector does it from the shadows
>>
>>157547698

She's basically deaf in elementary, while later on she's 100% deaf in one ear with the other going too.
>>
>>157547450
And that's why this isn't a masterpiece and is hugely overrated at the moment. There were other hidden flaws that film students might have picked up on. Don't get me wrong, Yamada did a great job of taking a ship out of port for the first time (first film?) - but some of the habits she might have developed when working on serial anime turned into bad habits in the film. She wasn't courageous enough to cut characters or merge them.

It very much feels like a "first film debut" mostly from some of the more subtle mistakes. The first 20 or so minutes however was master-class execution and the best part of the movie. I'm wondering if that's the case because the most care was taken with crafting the "first episodes". What few characters that were chosen to be developed were developed really well. Yuzuru being the favorite here.
>>
>>157547698
The way I interpret it is that itt's probably the same as having really fucking blurry vision, you can see enough blobs to not bump into a wall but you can't make out the text in a book or recognize a face.
>>
>>157547698
When they were in elementary school I believe she could hear a mute amount if you yelled in her ear, but as she got older her ears got worse, example the scene with her grandmother in the hospital
>>
File: 62787907_p0.jpg (544KB, 1707x2048px) Image search: [Google]
62787907_p0.jpg
544KB, 1707x2048px
>>157547800
Yamada has made two other films which were hugely successful. Koe no Katachi is her most successful film so far, even beating out the K-On! movie from the hugely influential K-On!! franchise she lovingly created
>There were other hidden flaws that film students might have picked up on.
Nevermind this post is bait but I'll still give you your (You).
>>
>>157547797
>>157547842
>>157547926
Thank you anons, I was too dumb to understand why she started wearing one hearing aid but that makes a lot of sense now.
>>
Why did Shoya's elementary school bully friend have to be a huge self-righteous cunt when he was the worst offender with regards to bullying Shouko and also was the instigator of the scapegoating, and why did it seem like Shoya was deserving of being treated this way by him despite this?
>>
>>157535345
Did anyone else get completely shaken up by the scene when megane sensei pounds the board?
>>
>>157546095
>>157546321
One of the cutest smile I've ever seen
>>
>>157544846
Typical suicidal mindset, oddly enough. Ishida's wasn't the same though.
>>
>>157548052
her cutest smile is when she in sign language smugly repeats that she's a little sister right before Shoya figures it out
>>
>Koe no Katachi could have been a cute manga about a cute deaf girl trying to convince an ex bully that she forgives him and has even fallen in love with him and that the ex bully wants her forgiveness and wants to help make her life better
>instead it's DRAMA
>>
>>157545347
Because it looks real, like how did KyoAni make it look so real and legit?
>>
>>157539520
Nothing, just ignore that retard.
>>
File: 1495442983712.jpg (113KB, 796x684px) Image search: [Google]
1495442983712.jpg
113KB, 796x684px
>>157548105
>dat smirk
hnnng. I wanna adopt her. She deserves better than her shitty family.
>>
>>157548214
Kigami was one of the KAs
>>
>>157548281

>sister is a suicidal maniac
>mom literally beats children

At least her grandma was sane.
>>
>>157548199
How's kindergarten?
>>
>>157534803
Not even the best-directed scene in a movie animated by this studio, Kyon x Kyon at the end of disappearance knocks it out of the water.
>>
Anyone know if the sign language in this was accurate?
>>
>>157548354
Shit did I offend your manga/anime? Sorry dude I totally didn't realise you were autistic and had I known before, I wouldn't have criticized something you like. My bad.
>>
>>157548395
Not even close
>>
>>157548413
I guess not too well since you're sperging out.
>>
File: a4484050.webm (197KB, 720x389px) Image search: [Google]
a4484050.webm
197KB, 720x389px
>>157546915
>I wanna hug her and and never let go to comfort her.
I wanna lick her delicious feet
>>
>>157548281
>>157548341
>husband abandons family
>mom treats her deaf kid like shit because of it
>has a one night stand for some comfort
>doesn't use protection
>Yuzuru is born
>now has two kids to abuse because of nobody's fault/her own mistakes
>>
>>157548397
It is. I looked up some JSL out of curiosity and everything I've seen in the movie has been accurate.
>>
File: 1337042871599.png (117KB, 482x484px) Image search: [Google]
1337042871599.png
117KB, 482x484px
>loli
>tomboy
>croaky voice
>sarcastic
>kind and gentle
WHY IS YUZURU SO PERFECT
>>
>>157548281
>tfw thought this meant intimate instead
>turns out to just be imouto
Why is it such a weird gesture?
>>
>>157547969
>yamada created the k-on franchise
Even more false information
>>
>>157548589
She pretty much did. Nobody cares about the manga.
>>
>>157548589
His choice of "created" is wrong (yes adapted from manga) but she was pretty much responsible for making K-On as well-known as it is. Have you read the manga yet? It's barely average.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WAzp5rTMb5s&t=19s
>>
>>157548670
>She pretty much did
no
>>
>>157548574
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2pTkyTPUxTc
>>
>>157535617
Youre right it was the mothers decision to enroll at a normal school. Author released an extra chapter to celebrate the movies release and it was revealed there that Mother wanted Shouko to go to a normal school so that she would know that she is different.
>>
>>157548690
>It's barely average.
Same for the anime
>>
>>157548589
No one cares about the manga which is shit in comparison, unknown before the anime came out and is no longer relevant to the anime past the first season.
>>
>>157548690
>>157548723
This is a KyoAni thread, get with it.
>>
>>157548589
K-On is hers mate. The manga is forgotten and the anime is almost entirely original.
>>
>>157548746
>This is a KyoAni thread
Go back to /v/ with your console wars
>>
>>157519370
I just finished the movie, and is it my impression or Kawai is one huge bitch? She's the one who refuses to acknowledge she was hurting Shoko too. Ueno is detestable, but at least she admits to her actions
>>
>>157548723
Dude, I don't even like the story that much, but as an anime fan, if you cannot at least appreciate the animation and direction and influence of that show, you're delusional or just plain bad at valuing art.
>>
>>157548574
In Japan if you have your palm facing outward with your pinky raised, it means girlfriend/wife/mistress.

I guess rotating your hand the other way to signify smaller sister is an extension of the above.
>>
>>157548790

She knows she's hurting Shouko, but she acts like an utter asshole and pretends to be innocent. Most notably is her faking Shouko into thinking they started singing in the beginning of the movie. She actually fucks with Shouko in a bunch of other spots too if you pay attention.
>>
>>157548914
I did, fuck, I am really upset. No one called her out for her bullshit.
>>
>>157548790
>Ueno
Nothing is worse than a monster that knows it's a monster
>>
>>157545330
No. It was intentional.
>>
>>157549007
Fuck you, better than monster pretending to be a lamb. Fucking Kawai.
>>
>>157541096
What is wrong with official sub, aside from video quality?
>>
>>157549085
It's partly why I started to hate this manga. Everyone but Ishida, Shoya (and his family), Shouko, her grandmother, and Yuzuru are irredeemable shitbags. There's absolutely nothing likeable about anyone.
>>
>>157549139
>Ishida
Who? The hair guy?
>>
>>157548914
So why did Kawai take off her glasses and untie her hair? Also, why did she ask Ishida for his math notes? He's clearly depressed and must have shit grades.
>>
>>157549139
I think if you cannot watch a film with some unlikable characters, that says a lot about you than the film itself.
Because, apparently, a lot of people don't have that problem with both the manga and the film.
>>
>>157549179
I didn't mean to say Ishida and Shoya because I was referring to the same person.
>>
>>157549191
She asked him if she did some homework they were supposed to do by that day. She's pobably lass prez or w/e.
>>
Just done with it, it was nice though nowhere as impressive as some said, the way Kyoani toned down the romance aspect was probably the best part of it.
>>
>>157548574
Because you don't know Japanese culture enough.
>>
>>157549007
>>157549085
See, it's the age old question of whether a Lawful Evil is worse than a Chaotic Evil. I think the Chaotic Evil guy at least has the decency not to push his sophistry on you, and that's why I hate Kawai much more. In the end, Ueno wanted to help Shoko overcome who she was. Through terrible means, of course, but at least she did not play pretend.
>>
File: 184712948128421.jpg (42KB, 1024x554px) Image search: [Google]
184712948128421.jpg
42KB, 1024x554px
Am I the only one who thought the best part about the move was Shoko's voice? Holy shit it was so fucking cute I literally died from cuteness everytime she said something. I literally want to marry her and have her talk to me every single day, all the time. The voice actor did a fucking fantastic job holy shit. I've never been this impressed by a voice in an anime before.
>>
>>157549239
Your point being? In my opinion the manga seems conflicted in the story it's trying to tell and it's not made any better by having every side character be a piece of shit.
>>
>>157549343
I wonder if this is really how deaf people sound in Japan anyways.
>>
>>157549343
>DOMODACHI

Literally the cutest
>>
>>157549343

>entire shitfest could have been avoided if Ishida just hugged the loli and wrote in her notebook

>>157549380

It's how deaf people sound in general if they learn some of their language. Generally speaking they'll talk like a toddler, since they have to do a LOT of guesswork in terms of speaking.
>>
>>157549412
Unghhh my fucking heart.
>>
File: 62291619_p0.jpg (449KB, 965x682px) Image search: [Google]
62291619_p0.jpg
449KB, 965x682px
>>157549343
> I literally want to marry her
Too late she's mine.
Pic related. Me on the left.
>>
Good romance in most of the movie (but shitty resolution so overall it's only mediocre). Subpar redemption story, go re-read Kurosawa if you in mood for that.
Overall pretty disappointing. Not sure why they ignored the stronger point of the story to focus on the worse part.
>>
>>157549465
>implying it's a romance and redemption story
>>
>>157519370
wait wait wait, I was thinking about reading manga and you tell that they not only didn't have sex but even not going out at the end? well fuck this crap
>>
>That soundtrack
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ef8ISRAOMss
>>
>>157549465
Because you are missing the point of the story by THIS much.
Go watch it again.
>>
>>157548914
I hate Kawai too but did she every actively bully her or say anything mean about her other than giving her a false start in the chorus? I know she hung out with the bullies and pretended to care when she didn't but now that I think about it I don't remember her really doing much other than that.
>>
File: wikipedia protester.png (38KB, 230x230px) Image search: [Google]
wikipedia protester.png
38KB, 230x230px
>>157549484
>implying implications
>>
She is literally perfect. Her hair, her face, her body, her voice, her being deaf. She is literally perfect and I'm going to cry myself to sleep now because nobody in the 3D world will ever come close to her perfection.
>>
>>157549513
I love that piano track that plays to accentuate Shouya's nervousness.
>>
File: 257450118.webm (1MB, 720x389px) Image search: [Google]
257450118.webm
1MB, 720x389px
>>157548790
Kawai looks so innocent though, if not she should pursue a career in acting
>>
Sign language is kind of cute honestly.

Or is this just anime playing tricks on my mind?
>>
>>157549607
I'd prefer mute girlfriend over deaf girlfriend
>>
>>157549517
That's how it goes for Ishida. Nishimiya also has other themes, but they are more boring and anyway it's mostly told though Ishida's eyes.
>>
>>157549513
This first one is majestic, what scene did this one start to play in? The ending right? The transition is just so powerful, amazing stuff.
>>
>>157549666
See: >>157549343

Shoko's voice is so cute.
>>
>>157547800
Her first film was K-On and it was much better than this
>>
>>157549513
Can someone tell me the soundtrack that plays when Shouya covers his ears and the blue crosses appear for the first time?
>>
>>157549624
Be honest /a/, you all had that bitch in your class. What was her name?
>>
>>157549513
>tfw look up the composer
>tfw he's literally a fucking nobody

God damn. This is amazing stuff.
>>
Are there any other sub groups currently working on this?
>>
>>157549781
Maybe you've got to search in Japanese.
>>
>>157549809
horriblesubs :^)
>>
>>157549809
I ask this because I'm downloading Beatrice Raws now while it's readily available but I'm willing to wait to watch it if someone competent has announced they're subbing this.
>>
>>157549776
Annette. She would sneeze like a mouse (nobody really sneezes like this), add cute little giggles at the end of her sentences, and always played with her hair when taking to anyone so they were off guard. But she was the most evil calculating bitch in the world. If she has ever been rejected by an art school she WILL be the next Hitler.
>>
>>157549692
It plays when they are throwing bread to the koi I think.
>>
>>157547800
>first film
>he doesn't even know about Yamada's rising career and position in Kyoani
Your entire premise is wrong, and with your lack of domain knowledge, I find it very hard to be convinced by what you said.
It's like debating with a programmer who believes Javascript comes from Java. Why even bother?
>>
>>157549513
>0:45

Holy shit, literally getting goosebumps from this.
>>
>>157549781
He's the composer for Ping Pong and the upcoming Devilman anime
>>
I liked the movie but feel that everything after his fall was unnecessary. Open or abstract ending without definite answer if he's dead or alive would be better I think
>>
>>157549967
That's like not even a closure man, what on earth are you thinking?
>>
>>157549967
Nigga what
>>
>that scream as he falls
Gives me goosebumps every time
>>
Just finished watching it and I'm coming off a crazy anime high (you know the feeling you get when you finish watching a really good anime? yeah, that's it) and oh my god Shoko was so incredibly cute. Cried so much during the scenes where she was bullied. I really want to marry her and make her happy because she deserves it.
>>
File: shizune.png (65KB, 180x300px) Image search: [Google]
shizune.png
65KB, 180x300px
>>157531458
>>157531831
>School for disabled girls
>>
>>157534803
It was super average dude lmaoooooo
>>
>>157550078
>tfw thought he actually fell into a river
>didn't realize it after until watching it again that he didn't and it was just a dream
>>
>>157550099
anon please, she deserves much better than us faggots
>>
>>157550113
Shizune makes Shoko look like dogshit
>>
>>157549513
Fucking amazing
>>
>>157549781
Space Dandy was pretty high profile.
And Ping Pong, whose music was highly regarded by most.
Kyoani likes employing young and/ore new people anyway.
>>
>>157550169
I know. But I feel like marrying Shoko would make me want to become a better human being because of her.
>>
>>157550145
Nigga. What?
>>
File: 59658967_p0.jpg (616KB, 816x1069px) Image search: [Google]
59658967_p0.jpg
616KB, 816x1069px
>tfw no Shouko to help me live
It hurts so much
>>
>>157549343
>>157549412
So cute :3
>>
>>157550145
If this aint the most stupiest thing I've ever heard then I don't know what is
>>
>>157550078
That size tag characterization annoyed me throughout the film. Felt forced.
>>
>>157550413
That detail was in the manga though.
>>
How the fuck do you start bleeding just from falling into water from a couple of stories up in a building?

I get that he got into a coma, but bleeding from your stomach area? It's not like somebody shot him with a higher pressure water gun.
>>
Are we going to ignore the fact that Ishida's older sister is a fucking coalburner and race traitor?
>>
Since people were saying the Nii-sama subs were fucked, I started combing through them to fix typos and errors. If you know if any errors and the time they're at, please tell me. So far:

>typos in general
>incorrect words used (such as at ~47 minutes with the "sister" remark and ~1:43.20)

>>157550511

You do understand that a belly flop (or back flop) can cause massive concussive damage that can rupture your skin/organs, right?
>>
I'd marry her and help her on her way to become a better person
>>
>>157550556
Yes we are.
>>
>>157550511
iirc at some point in height hitting the water is the same as slamming into concrete
>>
>>157550556
Fuck off.
>>
>>157550511
Because water is non-compressible so acts more like a solid the faster it or an object relative to it is travelling. He must have struck the water at such an angle that it ruptured his stomach area or perhaps he hit an object in the water.
>>
>>157550556
His family is supposed to be trash by japanese standards. The nigger being part of it was done on purpose.
>>
>>157550580
>Uenofags
You people always mystify me with your
>I actively want to be in a one-sided abusive relationship
faggotry
>>
>>157550571
"but water is soft!"
>>
>>157550672
So that's why his mom had that weird as fuck hairstyle?
>>
>>157550711

It's just bleached hair that grew out, so the roots aren't bleached yet.
>>
>>157550686
>implying she's abuse you
you see how nice she is to Ishida? That's the love you'd receive. After that it's just making sure she's a decent person to everyone.
>>
File: 62891017_p0.png (1MB, 1010x1487px) Image search: [Google]
62891017_p0.png
1MB, 1010x1487px
>>157550556
It's gross T B H but what can you do. Japanese girls crave the BBC.
>>
>>157550711
Yes, she bleaches it except for that top part.
>>
>>157550711
Anon you just don't know style
>>
>>157550686
>Ueno
>abusive
She's incredibly loyal and loving. She'd do anything for Shoya.
>>
File: color.jpg (2MB, 3840x3108px) Image search: [Google]
color.jpg
2MB, 3840x3108px
I liked the color.
>>
>>157550556
>>157550711

Wait, is the black guy married to his mom or his sister who seemingly never appears in the movie?
>>
>>157550145
I actually thought that he fell flat on asphalt and river thing was just his brain reminiscences. Was surprised he alive. And why the fuck there a river right under tall building, constructors smoke weed?
>>
>>157550827
His sister.

You see her in the school festival with her face covered by a fan or something.
>>
>>157550827
The sister.
>>
>>157550752
I work with an African dude that lived in Japan for 7 years. Speaks the language fluently. He said the Japanese treated him like one of their own but women saw him as a novelty rather than a contender for a relationship. He only fucked one Japanese woman while there and she only did it because she was curious. After that she decided not to sleep with him again because she satisfied her curiosity and wanted to go back to being "normal" rofl
>>
>>157550827
His sister's legs appeared in the movie. I don't think she ever appeared in the manga at all
>>
>>157550895
As a white guy, can kind of confirm.

Japs have the easiest time of getting married to an actual good woman. Whites have the easiest time of fucking hot but slutty girls, but nothing serious. Can't speak for blacks or other asians.
>>
>>157550992
>>157550992
>>157550992
>>
File: 1474848667412.jpg (9KB, 256x191px) Image search: [Google]
1474848667412.jpg
9KB, 256x191px
>>157550686
They are the epitome of cuckoldry
>>
>>157550748
>>157550805
Neither of you are Shoya.
>>
>>157551079
Yes we are. Shoya is a self-insert character.
>>
>>157551147
>you bullied a cute deaf girl
Monsters
>>
>>157551147
>bullies a cripple
>gets called out for his bullshit and feels bad for himself
>does literally nothing in life and wants to kill himself
>fails even at that, decides to care for the girl out of pity and to make himself feel better
The guy's literally scum. Self-insert characters at least need to have some redeeming qualities.
>>
>>157550805
Just remembered her letter wasnt in the movie... ffs
>>
>>157549343
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eF67XCSux2w
>>
So before the thread 404s, we all agree Nii-sama is the best release so far?
>>
>>157551455
no, 35mm is better unless you give shits about honorifics and "shou" instead of "sho"
>>
>>157552438
35mm has the amazon subs, though.
>>
>>157552451
how? 35mm release came out before amazon release.
>>
>>157552486
they are both written like an ESL wrote them
>>
File: 1476141471513.png (55KB, 855x119px) Image search: [Google]
1476141471513.png
55KB, 855x119px
OK. Anything else that I need to fix in Nii-saa's sub?
>>
>>157550177
It's the other way around, anon, Shizune is a deaf Ueno
Thread posts: 540
Thread images: 80

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.