[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is it that everything that kyoani touches turn into a 10/10?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 4

File: Koe-no-Katachi-Anime-Visual.jpg (164KB, 868x597px) Image search: [Google]
Koe-no-Katachi-Anime-Visual.jpg
164KB, 868x597px
Why is it that everything that kyoani touches turn into a 10/10?
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (51KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
51KB, 480x360px
Needed more drunk moms
>>
>>157516766
Yeah, that movie does the manga justice. They seem to have omitted the bit about making a movie, but the rest so far (I've been editing the script of the "sub" that came out), is on point.

I hope the anti-bullying message is clearly received.
>>
>>157516766
That's why we call them GodAni
>>
Call me when we get good subs.
>>
>>157516766
Their TV stuff and most movies are rubbish, Koe no Katachi is a "they make something great once in 10 years" deal
>>
>>157517674
If your subs don't have honorifics and an optional sign language track I'm going to bully you
>>
>>157518229
>what is K-On
>what is Hyouka
>what is Nichijou
>what is Tamako Love Story
>>
>>157516766The movie is just most of the key scenes of the manga poorly stitched one after the other, with nothing keeping them together.
All the missing interactions and characterization make the drama fall flat, and what is left is a rushed, bloated mess with too many characters with no purpose that never have time to breathe and too many plot points to rush through.
KnK is the perfect example of how NOT to make an adaption, any half competent screenwriter would have cut all the fluff and completely reworked the script into something functional. But what can you expect from Kyoani?
>>
>>157517674
>Yeah, that movie does the manga justice
What's the point of blatantly lying on here, as if a lot of people on this board haven't already read the manga?
>>
>>157516766
7/10 being hyped around like a 10/10. Ok, 8/10 if you are comparing it to non-film Anime. As a directorial debut to animated film, sure, 8/10 maybe. Fundamental mistakes that will only be acknowledged when the hype finally dies down will then drive those who were so caught up in giving it a 10/10 to flip because they are a bunch of emotional 12 year olds to call it shit in 6 months time.
It will be called overrated by the same 12 year olds who were overrating it only 6 months prior. I feel bad for Yamada that she has to deal with this shit.
>>
>>157518608
Don't worry it's just kyoani fags hyping it up, normies who saw it in the cinema just feel kind of meh towards it. "it's okay i guess?" is the general consensus.
>>
Was expecting a kissing scene, It never happened.
>>
>>157516830
The moms reconciling in the film didn't feel as comfy as (finally) seeing this panel
>>
>>157516830
Is Asahi actually good or do they just pay everyone to put it in their stuff?
>>
The nigger made it 3/10
>>
>>157519804
This
>>
>>157517674
>I hope the anti-bullying message is clearly received.
yeah, we learn that if you don't express yourself, the bullying is your fault.
>>
>>157520068
You arent looking at it thru the lens of Japanese culture. It's a lot more then just bullying but also societal problems of self expression and responsibility.
>>
Just finished the movie, I never cried so hard
Sasuga
>>
>>157521672
Shut up spic
>>
>>157517674
>the bit about making a movie
completely unnecessary and it brings no value to the movie OR the manga.
>>
>>157519804
Hey now, don't be an insensitive ass, don't you mean 0.3?
>>
>>157516766
Have you ever met a deaf person in real life? Because I guarantee if you had you'd realize how bullshit KnK is. Both manga and movie.
>>
>>157518471
>All the missing interactions and characterization make the drama fall flat, and what is left is a rushed, bloated mess with too many characters with no purpose that never have time to breathe and too many plot points to rush through.

>too many plot points to rush through

Exactly what plot point did they need to touch up on?

It's pretty fucking self explanatory. You don't need to flesh out the stuff that was shown in the movie. The manga itself dragged the drama arcs too long.

Here we see the themes that were important

>Redemption
>Fatigue of looking out for someone
>Peer Pressure
>Bullying
>Self Denial
>Outcasting
>Seclusion
>Suicide
>Grieving
>Depression

and most important of all
>Value of our life both from within oneself and the others close to you

The movie touched on all of these with good pace.
>>
>>157525703
Movie is about learning to understand one another instead of being afraid of it on both sides (albeit being on the bully side is not as bad as being bullied). Really reminds me of my middle school days about this one kid who got bullied so hard he ended up crying, but later on he became friends with the people who bullied him.
>>
>>157526294
This. The movie did an excellent job on this. Kimi no Na Wa on the other hand just threw you into a romantic comedy with slight drama/action to have some form of plot to move the characters from just their freaky friday moments.
>>
>>157519638
Should be available at any liquor store.

It's alright, very cheap beer, you get what you pay for.
>>
>>157517674
>that movie does the manga justice
The manga sucked, even the oneshot that preceded it was hamfisted and predictable.
>>
Honestly, I wanted to see how Yamada would handle the movie arc.
>>
>>157528270
She handled it in the best way possible, it was a waste of of time.
>>
>>157516766
>KyoAni
Don't make me try to abandon the idea of watching it.
>>
>>157528270
What does it adds to overall message? Literally nothing. Since it only handles as "the sign of our friendship."
>>
>>157529342
you won't miss out on anything, trust me
>>
>>157518421
rubbish
>>
>>157526294
No of the emotional scenes hit as hard as they should because there's a lack of build up for anything.
Whole characters shouldn't even exist in context of the movie because everything about them and their relationship with ishida is non existent, so when the movies tries to pull of those emotional scenes nothing sticks as it should.
>>157527533
kimi no na wa, bite off just enough, nothing feels out of place or unnecessary, on the other hand knk has entire characters whom are supposed to be integral to ishidas growth, just there without the emotional connection, he doesn't even have a legit conversation with any of them and where supposed to believe they had some deep bound towards the climax, it's embarrassing.
>>
>>157529370
I meant visual-wise.
>>
KnK was literally shit, this time kyoani tried to rush the story along and they killed all the feels moments
>>
>>157529566
I don't know. But I still say it's better that it's dropped completely.
Omitting Shouko's mom's background story also makes Ueno's statement about "if you can't raise a child right, don't procreate" her still redeemable. If this were to be included, she'd be just one huge ignorant bitch.
>>
I enjoyed what was essentially a highlights reel of most of the big moments in the series. The ending of the manga shit up what was an otherwise fantastic story, so it's not like I was hoping for the greatest movie ever going into it. Plus knowing it was one movie means you should have known they'd never fit everything in.
>>
File: 1495454235485.png (2MB, 1865x2075px) Image search: [Google]
1495454235485.png
2MB, 1865x2075px
>>157529610
>>
>>157530230
We need more realism.
>>
>>157521672
so, if I suffer from bullying, it's my reponsability?
>>
>>157526294
>Here we see the themes that were important
>>Redemption
>>Fatigue of looking out for someone
>>Peer Pressure
>>Bullying
>>Self Denial
>>Outcasting
>>Seclusion
>>Suicide
>>Grieving
>>Depression
>and most important of all
>>Value of our life both from within oneself and the others close to you
>The movie touched on all of these with good pace.

all this is very VERY superficial in the movie
>>
Question to the manga readers, does the manga portray Shouko as more intrusive in the group than the film did? I couldn't get immersed in the film because of how comically villainous they portray Ishida.
>>
>>157526294
I agree. While the manga has more leeway to flesh out the story and characters, KyoAni did an excellent job cramming that into two hours.
>>
>>157534654
>does the manga portray Shouko as more intrusive in the group than the film did?
not really as far as i remember. she believes herself to be more of a burden than she was so the suicide attempt feels like it comes out of nowhere, but now that i've seen the film i can understand her motivation more.
Thread posts: 47
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.