[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can we finally agree that Akira was the equivalent of a tech

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: akira.jpg (34KB, 450x246px) Image search: [Google]
akira.jpg
34KB, 450x246px
Can we finally agree that Akira was the equivalent of a tech demo for cool artwork and animation, the actual plot and characters were awful.
>>
It doesn't really work as a movie, they should've made a series.
>>
>>157460079
It only feels awful because its plot now has been done to death

>Guy with insecurities gets power and becomes evil
>>
>>157460079
yes, now get back to your loli shit and fanservice
>>
The plot wasn't bad, it was just poorly fleshed out in the movie. Anyone who hasn't read the manga will be pretty confused.
>>
mise en scène is a more significant component of film than narrative
>>
CANADA?!
>>
>>157460079
Somewhat true.
It was made as more of an action/thriller with some scifi-horror for shock value.
You have to consider that
(a) it was groundbreaking for it's time
(b) it's based off a long story that had to be simplified for cinema.
>>
Pretty much
>>
File: 1484161615290.jpg (249KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1484161615290.jpg
249KB, 1920x1200px
>>157460079

Keep trying. One day you'll express an opinion that has the barest sense of thought behind it.

>>157460109

>ywn see a proper character study following a person of good morals and virtue slowly descending into a chasm of madness after being blessed with an otherworldly gift or higher knowledge.
>>
>>157460079
The visuals were definitely there, the plot was dogshit. I've watched it twice now and still is shit.
>>
I really found nothing wrong with the plot.
>>
>>157460079
Huh??? Akira is a movie? I tought it was just a retrowave music video
>>
>>157460079
They did a pretty good job given how much had to be cut to fit the time. But it's more a supplemental thing to the manga. If you haven't read it god help you. You'll have to strap in for rewatches to have any hope of figuring some parts out and never getting others You forgot to mention the absolutely godly soundtrack
>>
I have serious mixed feelings about the movie once I read the manga. Like, think about all the other full manga serializations that became solo movies and I have to wonder "man would Akira still be treated the same"

It is a visual marvel, I'll tell you that
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.