[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

explain O my rubber nen and dont tell me to pic related

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

File: AjfndcV.png (190KB, 756x527px) Image search: [Google]
AjfndcV.png
190KB, 756x527px
explain O my rubber nen

and dont tell me to pic related
>>
>>157390812
It's Togashi shitposting in Shonen Jump and getting paid for it.
>>
>>157390812
fuck off reddit
>>
>>157390812
muck the feading ranga
>>
O
>>
MY
>>
>>157390812
Here's a perspective from a guy who has read like 1 or 2 volumes of HxH 20 years ago. Apparently it's a card game but now it's turn into DBZ and the clown guy supposedly resurrected from death using his own chakra which is like that power from the guy in one piece.
>>
CONDOM
>>
>>157394287
Enel started defibrillating his own heart within a minute after it stopped beating, he was never actually dead like Hisoka.
>>
>>157394203
RUBBER
>>
>>157390812
Its the author using "the rules of the story" to make a really bullshit excuse to prevent someone from dying

Its like me gettin my torso blown off but because someone called 911, I'll be fine
>>
>>157394577
NEN
>>
>>157390812
just like with yu yu hakusho's 3 kings arc togashi wrote himself into a corner.

hunterxhunter was always about gon and finding his father the story is over the series is over. Sure they can go star wars levels of prequels on us but it does not change the fact its over. I still encourage people to read it for the crazy fights to come but the story will continue to make less and less sense until it completely falls apart and gets rushed to hell and back just like with 3 kings.
>>
>>157390812
READ THE FUCKING MANGA.
>>
File: pikavsspeedreader.png (66KB, 346x420px) Image search: [Google]
pikavsspeedreader.png
66KB, 346x420px
>>157390812
>>
>>157390812

The problem is that it is explained in the manga. Either you read the manga and didn't understand it, in which case I doubt we could do a better job of explaining it than the source, or you didn't read the manga and then there's no point explaining because there are a lot of things from the manga we would have to explain before getting to O my rubber nen, it would be like explaining why did Goku suddenly turned blonde to someone who doesn't even know what is Dragon Ball and just watched that episode.
>>
>>157394400

Defibrillation can't revive you from being impaled.
>>
>>157390812
He tried to use a post death Nen technique by a command and restriction when he realised he wasn't going to survive the battle anyway. He locked away part of his Nen with the condition that when all his vital signs were gone, Bungee Gum would appear around his heart and lungs and contract to perform internal CPR and revive him. In theory it's fine but Togashi really didn't bother to explain the details behind it and expected people to catch on fine, but he really miscalculated it.

The weird part is that it isn't even an asspull, he was clearly planning it from the beginning of the 7 chapter long fight, and not explaining it further despite dedicating S E V E N chapters to a long anticipated battle just feels odd.
>>
>>157394894
Fuck that Leorio deserves to be the MC now, he has been pushed aside for the whole series and deserves to be in the spotlight for once.
>>
>>157390812
you read nothing at all? well you can put certain orders to nen, like gin did to delet the audiotape at the beginning. hisoka ordered it to basically do cpr on himself after a bit. it could have been put in a better way, also biologically speaking is nonsense. but it's a shonen
>>
>>157395265
I honestly think Leorio's part in the Election was the highlight. Killua's ridiculous melodrama sucked.
>>
>>157395203
>Bungee Gum would appear around his heart and lungs and contract to perform internal CPR and revive him
It's funny because literally all his nen had to do is squeeze his heart with the same force a human hand could, that's all internal cardiac massage is. Retards think it's somehow out of the realm of possibility when it's more grounded in reality than most abilities.

Togashi explained it well enough for anyone willing to take half a second to think, his mistake was expecting people to do that instead of sticking with their knee jerk reaction of 'what the fuck'.
>>
>>157395412
It was the best part for me as well

Kirapika can fuck off after he gets his eyes so Ging and Leorio stay as the MCs for the Dark Continent.
>>
>>157395500
i agree with all of this, but you must admit that "O MY RUBBER NEN" sounds pretty stupid
>>
>>157395590
Yeah but you can't really blame Togashi for the dramatic translations, the original nip is just 'nen yo'.
>>
>>157395500
Yeah it's pretty ridiculous how many people don't get it. I still think it felt kind of sudden despite Togashi clearly having planned it before starting the battle but it's logically sound and really isn't that far fetched. It also only works with his specific abilities too.
>>
File: 1495120250991.png (817KB, 1579x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1495120250991.png
817KB, 1579x1200px
>>
>>157395265
I got into hxh because I saw a what looked like a salaryman running alongside all these typical shounen characters and he became a part of the main group. He very quickly became my favorite.

imagine my disappointment.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.