[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fist of the North Star/ Hokuto No Ken

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

Finished reading everything post Raoh instead of writing it off. I still think its shit by HNK standards, but its fine otherwise and the final arc putting closure to Bat, Lin, Mamiya and Ken more than makes up for how mediocre post Raoh HNK is.

What does /a/ think of Hokuto No Ken's second half?
>>
>>157363873
It's pretty shit. I don't know if the rumour that WSJ asked Hara and Buronson to continue it after their planned ending is true or not but it definitely feels that way.

The first half of HnK is still so good that even with the shittier second half it's still the best manga of all time.
>>
>>157364072
Yeah. Celestial Emperor had a lot of good shit going for it, Ki blast martial arts bullshit notwithstanding. Ein was the best thing to come out of it.

Really hated Land of Asura and all the "I'm the brother you/ Raoh forgot or left behind" bullshit. Although Lin having Mamiya and Yuria's pious faith in Kenshiro and overall lack of fear under captivity was pretty cool.

I was okay with Ryu being the Daigaro to Ken's Ogami Ito. Really fillery chapters, though.

The final arc was simply beautiful and heart rending.
>>
>doesn't fuck his daughterfu
>>
>>157364307
Some of my other problems.
>Doesnt give Lin the Hokuto D despite Yuria giving him the okay
>Ditches Ryu saying "I have nothing more to teach you" despite the fact that it would make more sense to pass Hokuto Shinken on to a young ward instead of just meeting up with him later in future travels
>somehow loses both Kokuoh and his memory. Kokuoh is probably gone for good with no good explanation
>DOESNT GIVE MAMIYA THE HOKUTO D EITHER
>>
>>157364072
>rumour that WSJ asked Hara and Buronson to continue it after their planned ending is true or not
It's not a rumour, and they weren't "asked". They were *told* that they were continuing it. Either you go with the will of the magazines, or you never work again.
>>
>>157364805
>somehow loses both Kokuoh and his memory. Kokuoh is probably gone for good with no good explanation
Wasn't this explained in Fist of the North Star: Last Piece? I can't remember what it was about but it featured him losing his memory and finding Kokuoh again I think.

>>157364906
Is there any citable proof for this though? It's like the rumours around Dragonball being forced to continue after X arc/chapter which were found to be pretty much bullshit after Kanzenshuu did that billion page article about it.
>>
>>157365504
Last Piece is set between HnK1 and HnK2 you retard. It's about how Kokuoh lost his eye (Juza's son, Shoza, rides Kokuoh solo into battle against hundreds and gets destroyed, Shoza dies but Kokuoh manages to bring his corpse back to Ken, with a spear stuck into Kokuoh's eye no less) and how Ken finds out that Bat and Lin are in trouble and need him to return (by finding wanted posters of them).
>>
File: 012.jpg (357KB, 1204x996px) Image search: [Google]
012.jpg
357KB, 1204x996px
Took me waaaaaaayyyyy too long to find this, but it is the interview which I specifically desired to find, so the wasted time was worth it.

http://www.hokutodestiny.com/shin-hokuto-musou-fist-of-the-north-star-ken-s-rage-2/exclusive-shin-hokuto-musou-famitsu-special-english-translation.html

>Were there any memorable moments when writing the ‘Celestial Emperor’ and ‘Kingdom of Shura’ arcs?
>Actually, we had originally planned to end the story after Kenshiro defeated Raoh. However, after the Raoh arc ended, we ended up moving straight to the Celestial Emperor arc. So we started from redesigning the world setting from start without rest. Because the setting was some years after Raoh arc, of course the time had also changed. At that moment, we decided to create the End of the Century to have a change of scenery that was new, and could evolve further as the story progressed. It was hard to draw this, but I made it in 1 week. When I think about it now, it was unbelievable.

>>157365504
So, yes, there is citable proof.
>>
>>157366379
>Shura
It's Asura, why would you romaji it instead of translating it when Asura has been a term in English since forever?
>>
>>157366612
Don't look at me. It's a 5+ year-old post on an Italian fansite.
>>
>>157366724
Right.
Also there's another interview where Hara explicitly says he had the ending basically planned out for a full year, and that Yuria being the Last Nanto General was also his idea and not something forced by editors, so this shitty plot twist is unfortunately entirely on Hara.

http://www.hokutodestiny.com/gli-autori/hokuto-no-ken-30th-interview-to-tetsuo-hara-second-part.html

Same interview also confirms that it was the intended ending but then they had to continue next week.
>>
>>157366841
Yeah, but that one's far less explicit. He makes the same points, but is much more roundabout. Gotta use the explicit one if you want to actually convince people.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.