[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: Losers that had to cheat to win against the more skilled fighter

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 256
Thread images: 42

ITT: Losers that had to cheat to win against the more skilled fighter
>>
yep Hisoka with his cheating asspull OH MY RUBBER NEN was bullshit
>>
I wouldn't say Hisoka was a cheater. The match had no rules.
>>
O
>>
RUBBER
>>
>>157317299
MY
>>
>>157317322
RUBBER
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (21KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
21KB, 480x360px
>>157317232
>>
>>157317370
NEN
>>
File: luffyvsdoffy.jpg (29KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
luffyvsdoffy.jpg
29KB, 480x360px
They both cheated.

(Luffy cheated more. 10 minutes recovery time? Would've been killed instantly.)
>>
Hisoka didn't cheat. He lost fairly.
>>
Is Hisoka the biggest pushover in the entirety of HxH?

Let's see

>Kills a bunch of worthless trash during Hunter Exam
>Defeats an incompetent Nen user during Heavens Arena arc
>beats and/or scares the shit outta two kids
>plays a dodgeball game in Greed Island arc, then fucks off to chase Chrollo
>doesn't show up during Chimera Ants arc, which is quite odd given how the events of that arc offered numerous opportunities to fight extremely powerful enemies
>kills a shitty butler during Election arc
>chickens out when Illumi gets visibly angry at him
>get LITERALLY blown the fuck out by Chrollo in a deathmatch with no rules
>kills two physically weakest PT members when they didn't have access to their Hatsu because SALT

...wew
>>
File: 1494424201689.png (228KB, 504x468px) Image search: [Google]
1494424201689.png
228KB, 504x468px
Chrollo won't be able to cheat anymore once all the spiders are dead
>>
Hisoka didn't win and he didn't cheat during the fight. Resurrecting afterwards and killing someone's buddies doesn't count as winning.
>>
>>157317731
>Hisoka didn't win
Fucking kek , chrollofags everyone.
>>
>>157317804
Hisocucks still damage controlling after a year passed? Kek
>>
>>157317804
Yeah, I can't believe how reasonable Chrollofags are. Damn them
>>
>>157317657
All that build up for nothing
>>
>>157317657
It's amazing how this is 100% factual yet hisoka gets so much praise with his rubber nen.

You also left the part where he conveniently made excuses not to fight the Zodiacs
>>
File: latest[2].jpg (120KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
latest[2].jpg
120KB, 1280x720px
>>157317896
>>157317731
Also netero was 2 feet away from him but he was too scared to attack him
>>
>>157317919

Actually he let himself too open that it made Hisoka lose interest
>>
>>157317953
"right"
>>
It was deathmatch , not a staydeatchmatch
>>
Can I please have some coffee? I'll add the milk myself.
>>
>the manga usually comes back after a new volume release
How many people do you think will die on the boat?
Will Togashi wipe out half of the cast?
>>
>>157318050
>Will Togashi wipe out half of the cast?
He has to do it. The story's already become too convoluted for the pace it moves at.
>>
>>157318050
Who i could see dying
>The troupe
>Hisoka
>Kurapika
>The princes
>Knov
>Morel
>Few zodiacs
>>
>>157317919
Chrollo would avoid netero like the plague too, your point?
>>
>>157318085
Chrollo isn't the one looking for strong opponents to fight.
>>
File: IsItreallythatSecret.gif (961KB, 350x197px) Image search: [Google]
IsItreallythatSecret.gif
961KB, 350x197px
>>157317232
This is the pinnacle of the stolen victory.
>>
>>157318128
Yeah so? He's looking for entertaining fights, he's not trying to get massacred. He never said he's the strongest in the world.
>>
>>157318164
>Yeah so?
Hisotard is a big-mouthed coward
>>
File: 1470854379258.jpg (34KB, 225x292px) Image search: [Google]
1470854379258.jpg
34KB, 225x292px
>hisoka actually thought he could take netero
>>
>>157317657
>chickens out when Illumi gets visibly angry at him
He didn't chicken out but he consider that Kilua is gonna be more worthy opponent in future than Illumi.
>>
>>157318198
>meruem actually thought he could take netero.
>>
File: Hisocuck.png (759KB, 1234x960px) Image search: [Google]
Hisocuck.png
759KB, 1234x960px
>>157318164
>He never said he's the strongest in the world
That's exactly what Hisoka thinks. Which is why he's a hypocritical idiot.
>>
>>157318252
Too bad he lost to Chrollo. I bet Killumi with his current powerlevel could destroy Hisoka ina split second with Kanmuru
>>
>>157317919
Hisoka was there to get his Hunter license. Attacking Netero would've definitely gotten him disqualified. He might be blood-thirsty, but he's not a complete idiot.
>>
Meruem was a good villain but was a boring fighter.

He should've had a cool abillity like Netero.
>>
>>157317657
Probably killed a spider to get a spot.

>>157317919
Wants to 1v1 people not assassinate unaware targets. netero had no reason to agree to one and is surrounded by pro-hunters, gee I wonder what would happen if he started a fight then.

Only way hisoka getting a 1v1 rematch is if all the other spider are dead or preoccupied with something else. Guess what he's going to to do on the boat. Chrollo isn't a idiot but his fanbase sure are.
>>
>>157318538
>Probably killed a spider to get a spot.
Probably

>Only way hisoka getting a 1v1 rematch
he already had a 1v1 match against Chrollo. An he lost
>>
I really liked Chrollo's fighting style against Hisoka. Him throwing bodies and blowing up Hisoka was pretty fun.
>>
>>157317657
By your own admission he's stronger than a number of characters in HxH, so no, he's not the biggest pushover in the entirety of HxH. Did you even bother reading your post before you hit "Submit"?
>>
>>157318538
You're deluded if you think Hisoka is going to fight Chrollo again. Hisoka already had his epic 1v1 fight and he lost.
>>
File: Hisoka_With_Nobunaga.png (542KB, 717x404px) Image search: [Google]
Hisoka_With_Nobunaga.png
542KB, 717x404px
nobunaga can fight hisoka one on one and still loses feitan probably got a chance and finns dont think sooo my definition about hisoka tha he loses cuz he underestimated chrollo but if chrollo and him fight again i dont think chrollo will win again i am honestly think hisoka is 5 more times stronger than chrollo the only facts is chrollo have one ability to let him borrow another abilities and thats cool i am just saying in a real battle one on one chrollo will be history
>>
Cheadle: Conjurer
Saiyu: Conjurer
Mizaistom: Manipulator
Cluck: Manipulator
Ginta: Enhancer
Botobai: Enhancer
Kanzai: Emitter
Piyon: Transmuter
Geru: Transmuter
Saccho: ?
>>
>>157318613
I'm pretty sure his point is that Hisoka was never this unbeatable monster that his fanbase hyped him up as. He's strong, but he's nowhere near the strongest.
>>
>>157318618
>You're deluded if you think Hisoka is going to fight Chrollo again.
Of course he won't, Togashi will die long before the story gets anywhere close to it happening.
>>
>>157318263
Well, he was right. He just couldn't take the Rose.
>>
>>157318613
>he's stronger than a number of characters in HxH
He's stronger than a number of weak characters.
>>
>>157318618
he lost cuz the full amount of bodies exploding and shit and yet still come back from death he lost the match but not the war
>>
>>157318651
>>157318618
Calling it now, Chrollo and Hisoka will both be killed but not by each other.
>>
Who's gonna die during the boat ride to the DC, and who's gonna die at the DC?
>>
>>157318580
>Probably
2 confirmed kill and 1 probably

>>157318618
Whats stopping him from getting rematch. The whole fucken manga is people growing stronger and getting a rematch against people they lost to. First time only cost him an arm and a leg.
>>
File: 1466607187551.jpg (16KB, 97x285px) Image search: [Google]
1466607187551.jpg
16KB, 97x285px
>>157318839
>First time only cost him an arm and a leg.
And getting his ego utterly raped.
>>
>>157318707
hes the number 4 stronger in the spiders
>>
>>157318707
Yes, which means he's not the biggest pushover in HxH because there are bigger pushovers.

>>157318641
I wouldn't disagree with that, but he should phrase his posts more coherently if he doesn't want people to point it out.
>>
File: 1494611110394.gif (528KB, 160x160px) Image search: [Google]
1494611110394.gif
528KB, 160x160px
we all know who is the biggest pussie and nou its not hisoka
>>
>>157318651
>>157318839
Togashi already spent 6 chapters for Chrollo vs Hisoka. I doubt he's going to revisit the conflict again. It's over.

Besides, the reason why Chrollo came back is to resolve his conflict with Kurapika. There's a reason why Chrollo was brought back in the same arc Kurapika was.
>>
>>157318882
Physically, without Nen.
>>
>>157318050
>How many people do you think will die on the boat?
I read that as "how many anon do you think will die before the boat started again?"
>>
>>157318881
You can revive dead feelings, can't revive dead companions.
>>
Also on the note of Killua, it still makes absolutely 0 sense that Killua wasn't taught Nen by his family, and had to learn it on his own. The little brother who joins the Spiders knows Nen, what possible explanation is there for Killua not to be taught Nen? That's the main hanging plot hole I have with the series, that pretty much definitively suggests Nen was something Togashi thought up towards the end of the Hunter Exam and decided to hastily include it into his series and come up with a BS retroactive excuse Nen wasn't demonstrated earlier.
>>
>>157319121
I assume Killua's rebellious behavoir and disdain for his family interrupted lessons. Also who would teach him? His older brother and mother want to control him and teaching nen would liberate him.

The father could teach him but I assumed he was still foing assassination training.
>>
>>157317280
>>157317280
He died from suffocation and his nen did a basic movement that it normally does (expand and contract) but after death.

We've seen nen used after death before (Pitou)

What makes it an ass pull.
>>
>>157318163
You right
>>
>>157319558
Hisoka didn't have the emotion that's required for nen to linger after death. Also, this is the first time someone has explicitly commanded their nen to do something after death. Nowhere was it implied someone could do that. The previous ocassions consisted of nen having a will of its own due to the strong emotions of the user.

Asspull may not be the right word, but it was poor writing.
>>
O
>>
GUBBER
>>
How would you all feel if he actually killed Machi?
>>
>>157319791
>Asspull may not be the right word, but it was poor writing.
Basically this, half an arc was spent building up to Pitou's reanimation via Terpsicorp. And the concerns regarding Kurapika's chain were well founded because of his intense hatred towards the Spiders.

Hisoka just ended a fight with a subconscious command and it worked. That alone made me not like his revival.
>>
>>157319558
Nen is supposed to attack on its own after death, this is the first time we see someone giving commands to it. Also, if giving commands to your nen after death is that easy, what prevents anyone from doing it now? Hisoka had no emotions, he just really wanted to live and prayed to his nen, which is what any sane person with nen would do when faced with death. O my rubber nen is a stain on the series, now each time a nen user dies, Togashi has to come up with an explanation on why the nen user didn't use O my rubber nen or at least put a curse on his enemy, which is why it is bad writing.
>>
>>157320537
>Basically this, half an arc was spent building up to Pitou's reanimation via Terpsicorp

No it wasn't. You just made that up
>>
>>157320608
>Pitou has extreme devotion to Mereum because of their biology, will literally die at his hands if they feel like it will make him happy
>Pitou has an ability that specifically can move corpses and can also be used on their own body
>Pitou spends several volumes staring down Gon who has shown a mental resolve that rivals their own. Gon and Netero are the only people to never falter on their missions while everyone else does at some point or another.
>Right before dying Pitou realizes that no matter what this one kid must die
They are then brought to live by their ability in the form of a curse.

Yep that's about half an arc of build up to that one moment and it works spectacularly. Care to retort?

Bonus round:
>Kurapika states that he wants to hunt down the spiders in the first chapter he shows up
>Beats the everloving shit out of that imposter member in the tower
>All of York Shin and his inability to contain his rage towards them
>Judgement chain can seperate itself from Kurapika and stay latched on it's target
>Spiders don't immediately gank Kurapika now that they know his powers and appearance for fear the chain in Chrollo will mutate after death because of his hatred
Also a solid buildup to why you don't just kill some people.

Now look at Hisoka and tell me where it was built up that he had the emotional and mental fortitude to make his nen work after death?
>>
>>157320588
This is literally the dumbest shit I ever heard. How can a random nen user Oh my rubber nen? With what, did you forget Hisoka's revival had a specific reason why it worked? That the nen itself didn't bring him back to life but the application. That you can't oh my rubber nen a burned or torn apart corpse?

How many people within the relatively small pool of nen users can just do what Hisoka did. God you people don't think
>>
Is Illumi actually strong in any way?
>>
>>157320537
>Hisoka just ended a fight with a subconscious command and it worked

Hisoka had the pressure of being about to die. Even for him, that has to be intense enough to fuel some nen-crazy shit. There was no need to make him Rubberneitor, though.
>>
>>157317232

Netero.
>>
>>157317575

Also, Doffy had to fight both Luffy and Law, and Law refused to die after being shot in the head at point-blank.
>>
>>157320720
It wasn't building up to her revival. Virtually all of the Royal Guards had the same level of devotion of Meruem, you can't just single Pitou out for some reason. This was merely a side effect because of that devotion.
>>
>>157320737
Hisoka oh my rubber nen himself and even limbs, just because. That sets new bar for bs, it's just a matter of who reaches it next.
>>
Hisoka is just a pussy. If he weren't, he would have already fought Ging, and lost like a bitch.

I hope he gets on the fucking boat, if Chrollo's little strategy was too much for him I can't imagine how much fun would Ging and Pariston have messing with him before sending him to hell.
>>
Are all Emitters low tier and weaker than anyone else by default?
>>
>>157320737
Not that anon, but he's saying that right now any nen user should be able to command their nen to act after his death. It doesn't necessarily have to be revival, it can be anything.
>>
>>157320832
it's a prosthesis, fuckwad.

A substitution, they aren't real limbs
>>
>>157318163
>>157317575

Don't even bother bringing up other examples, this thread is just hisocuck salt.

>>157317657

That's true, he talks big when the opponent is either weaker than him or someone who wouldn't kill him on the spot for talking shit at him, like Netero.
>>
>>157320806
>It wasn't building up to her revival
Yes it was. She kept thinking about how she couldn't let Gon get to the king a number of times. She kept thinking about how Gon was above average a bunch of times and how dangerous he was. And when she Sees Gon-San she specifically states that she must stop him there no matter what.

The entirety of her interactions with Gon built up to both his evolution and her own revival.

>Virtually all of the Royal Guards had the same level of devotion of Meruem, you can't just single Pitou out for some reason
I can because she's the only one who came back from the dead and my point is to showcase the mentality and narrative buildup to "nen after death" that is missing from Hisoka.

Now show me that buildup on Hisoka, because it feels like Togashi just let him get away with something that is supposed to be rare or at least dependent on very strong feelings that appear to be missing from Hisoka.

And to steal that other anon's point. If all you need to do is will your nen to activity after your death, why didn't Mereum get eternally followed by Netero's Buddha? Couldn't Netero of all people also willed his nen to keep fighting a "worthy opponent"? Or maybe any of the people who Genthru killed could have had their nen attack him after they died in agony when their bombs exploded. Or maybe anyone that Chrollo killed could have willed their nen to attach him after he kills them?

Hisoka reviving himself raises a plothole in the logic of what constitutes the necessary mindset for nen persisting after death. Before that we had two solid examples and both made sense.
>>
>>157318637

Can you name them after their animals? I can barely remember their names.

Anyway, bull had those referee cards that were probably Manipulation. Monkey traitor said he was a conjurer, made the staff and the three nen beasts. I don't remember Cheadle saying anything about her abilities, though she's probably Conjurer because Togashi can barely think of abilities that aren't Conjurer.
>>
>>157320964
>Can you name them after their animals? I can barely remember their names.
What a fag.
>>
what i want to know is, if he relaxes, does he lose his nen face and leg?
>>
>>157317280
>>157317287
>>157317299
>>157317319
>>157317322
>>157317370
>>157317464
>>157317648
Missing the point entirely
>>
>>157321122
fuck off butthurt hisocuck
>>
>>157321137
Your post is a perfect parody of itself
>>
>>157321122
Yes, we all know OP is a buttblasted Hisocuck who meant Chrollo.
>>
>>157317232
I like to imagine a character later in the series who has anti nen abilities encountering Hisoka and accidently making the clown in Mr. Potato head
>>
Hisoka shouldn't even be able to walk properly. His nen can't relplicate nerves and the sensory system.
>>
>>157320588

Well, Hisoka O my rubber Nen only worked because his body was intact, besides dying from suffocation which should produce brain damage. If the Spiders had, for example, cut his head after his death, O my rubber Nen wouldn't have worked.

Which raises other questions, namely, why isn't people more careful with after-death Nen attacks after killing a powerful Nen user. Destroying their bodies should be standard practice.

>How many people within the relatively small pool of nen users can just do what Hisoka did

Killua could easily O my electric Nen himself if he dies a similar death than Hisoka. Maybe Shalnark could pull something similar, if he gives an antennae to someone just in case he dies. It's just bad writing that Netero didn't have something like that prepared when he went to fight Meruem.
>>
>>157320832
this

you know what Nen rubber limbs that he has to maintain at all times. Having them maintained 24/7 seems like an asspull.
>>
>>157321224
*replicate
>>
>>157317232
Hisoka is a transmuter. He uses his brain to out think his opponent. Just because he isn't stupid enough to only use his strength, doesn't make him a "cheater"
>>
>>157320950
>Yes it was. She kept thinking about how she couldn't let Gon get to the king a number of times. She kept thinking about how Gon was above average a bunch of times and how dangerous he was. And when she Sees Gon-San she specifically states that she must stop him there no matter what.

So what? As would anyone if the person they care for the most runs the risk of dying against a powerful enemy. Hers doesn't reach the level of fanaticism of Pouf but all of them would risk their lives to protect the king. Pouf and Yupi went straight into Ground Zero to find Meruem's charred body and sacrificed most of their bodies towards his revival. There was no build-up, it's what you'd come to expect from them. Again it was a side effect because of that deep devotion.

>I can because she's the only one who came back from the dead and my point is to showcase the mentality and narrative buildup to "nen after death" that is missing from Hisoka.
Absolutely not. She did NOT come back from the dead. She was still a headless corpse, Terpsichora reanimated her body like a marionette

>Now show me that buildup on Hisoka, because it feels like Togashi just let him get away with something that is supposed to be rare or at least dependent on very strong feelings that appear to be missing from Hisoka.
He's an arrogant man that thought himself to be the strongest ever. To be brought to near-death and humiliated to such a degree is an eye-opening experience for him.

>
And to steal that other anon's point. If all you need to do is will your nen to activity after your death, why didn't Mereum get eternally followed by Netero's Buddha?

Why/how would Netero's Buddha follow Meruem when he had no grudge towards him and instead had unending respect? How would the people killed by Genthru "nen attack" him? Did you forget that the only way Kurapika's nen after death would kill Chrollo was because he still had his Judgement Chain on his heart?

Friend, you are not thinking this through.
>>
>>157318078
Yeah, this seems about right.
>>
>>157321244
So where did you see that Hisoka can maintain it 24/7?
>>
>>157321236
> It's just bad writing that Netero didn't have something like that prepared when he went to fight Meruem.

How do you prepare to be killed and have your nen remain after death to attack someone. That literally makes no sense. And even if his Buddha remained, it would be as ineffective as it was when Netero was still alive.
>>
>>157321491
>O my buddha nen! After I die, attack Meruem!
That was easy.

>And even if his Buddha remained, it would be as ineffective as it was when Netero was still alive
Since his nen would be stronger it might inflict more damage.
>>
>>157321396
>So what?
So what? So the reason we can believe in why Terpsicorp activated after her death was because of the thoughts she's shown to have for what? Four volumes?

Pouf and Youpi's aura's didn't linger after death because they still lacked something in their minds to compel their auras to linger on. Maybe it was because Youpi was more animalistic and Pouf's thoughts were scattered on too many things. But of the three of them only Pitou's aura lingered on and it's explicitly shown what thoughts led to that.

>Again it was a side effect because of that deep devotion.
This is my point you retard, the deep devotion or deep grudge facilitates the curse. This is missing from Hisoka.

>Absolutely not.
I'm sorry, I meant her nen came back after her death, which is the phenomenon we're discussing. Obviously a headless corpse can't be considered alive.

>He's an arrogant man that thought himself to be the strongest ever.
That's not enough anon. You don't go from multiple volumes of building up to a characters moment to giving it to Hisoka in less than 3 chapters. Hisoka prior to this displayed no aversion to death because he was never in a position to be killed, as shown in the thread he's usually in the upper hand of his encounters. And instead of this moment revealing any deep feelings he has towards his own survival (he's been consistently reckless and showy the whole series) he goes right back to his same mannerisms with the caveat that he now won't go after Chrollo until after he takes down the rest of the troupe.

Nobody wants to die anon, and in the world of Nen if Hisoka can compel his aura to linger so easily it begs the question of why it's not more common.

Nothing in his character gives me any indication that he could be able to manifest his nen after his death.
>>
>>157321491
>That literally makes no sense.

If Hisoka can do it in a split second, Netero, fully knowing he might die in the fight to the point he stuck a Rose Bomb inside his rectus, could have prepared something to ensure that Meruem didn't survive the blast at all. I'm not saying he could have revived himself, because he would have been stuck in the blast anyway.

>>157321605
Pouf and Youpi didn't die anyway, they might have pulled something if they were about to die but we don't know. Also, Pitou had an ability that could work in that situation, I don't see what could Pouf or Youpi abilities do to revive themselves after death.
>>
>>157321558
>That was easy.
So you don't know what your talking about then? Nen responds to a strong grudge or emotions to remain after death. Netero had neither, he liked that Meruem allowed him to fight to the best of his ability. He also said he wanted to see him in hell along with him.

>Since his nen would be stronger it might inflict more damage.
Wrong. Nen after death isn't a power boost, it literally means that the level of grudge or emotion is so strong that it'll remain after death. Chrollo was in danger because he had no defenses.
>>
>>157322011
>Nen responds to a strong grudge or emotions to remain after death
Yes, this is exactly the point. Hisoka did not have any of these, he just took a gamble. Which is why I said that now anyone should be able to do it,.

>Wrong. Nen after death isn't a power boost, it literally means that the level of grudge or emotion is so strong that it'll remain after death
Nen can either remain the same after death (but still linger), or it can get stronger than what it was previously due to strong emotion. This is explciitly stated, read Phink's explanation again.
>>
>>157321830
>youpi dies
>o my explosive nen..!!
>nukes the entire palace
>everyone dies
>hxh ends
what a chance Togashi had
>>
>>157321830
>If Hisoka can do it in a split second, Netero, fully knowing he might die in the fight to the point he stuck a Rose Bomb inside his rectus, could have prepared something to ensure that Meruem didn't survive the blast at all. I'm not saying he could have revived himself, because he would have been stuck in the blast anyway.

That's literally putting everything at risk based on a mere gamble that his nen would remain after death against an opponent that was already an order stronger than another fighter said to be on his level. Netero wanted to enjoy himself simple as that. All these "could haves" or "maybes" aren't helping you.
>>
>>157322143
> Which is why I said that now anyone should be able to do it
Who said that it's somehow restricted to a few people?

> This is explciitly stated, read Phink's explanation again.
I did so before I typed that comment. He said nothing of the sort. Nen being stronger in the sense that it remains after death, it itself isn't any stronger than it was prior
>>
>>157321830
>I don't see what could Pouf or Youpi abilities do to revive themselves after death.
It's not about reviving, it's about Nen persisting after death.
>>
>>157322143
>Hisoka did not have any of these
The guy gets a boner just thinking about fighting, who knows what goes through his head during a battle.
>>
>>157319791
>Also, this is the first time someone has explicitly commanded their nen to do something after death
Not true. Pitou's nen persisted after death to chase its target. Kite's secret slot activates after death.
>>
>>157322264
>Who said that it's somehow restricted to a few people?
Previously you needed strong emotion for nen to linger. Now, it's nothing. Just ask your nen and it'll stay.

>Nen being stronger in the sense that it remains after death, it itself isn't any stronger than it was prior
No, Phinks makes a distinction between nen merely staying after death and nen becoming stronger after death. Read it again.
>>
>>157322145
this
>>
Can't seem to upload a picture but The page with Phinks in question for anyone who can't remember it. Not all Nen gets stronger after death, Kurapika was just stated to fit the archetype of someone whose aura could.

However, it is interesting to note that the pretty much all abilties shown to persist after death have also been stated to be stronger except for Hisoka's due to lack of narration. Pitou and the Meteor City elder and what was speculated to be true for Kurapika vs Hisoka so I think it's not outside the realm of possibility that Bungee Gum will be augmented, just that what we've seen doesn't necessarily indicate that right now.
>>
>>157322373
Pitou did not say "O MY TERPISCHORA NEN" and command her nen to do anything. It acted on its own and was guided just by her devotion.

And we don't even know what Kite's ability does, all we know is that it helped him survive.
>>
>>157318383
He didn't care about the hunter license. He just liked entering the exams to fuck with beginners, then he'd throw a match near the end so he could repeat it next year. He got pissed when Killua's disqualification auto-passed him.
>>
>>157322574
>just that what we've seen doesn't necessarily indicate that right now.

He made a functional rubber arm, I don't think he was capable of doing that before.
>>
Why is Togashi a hack when it comes to Hisoka and Killua?
>>
>>157321605
>So what? So the reason we can believe in why Terpsicorp activated after her death was because of the thoughts she's shown to have for what? Four volumes?
Which again means nothing. Pitou's remained due to the immediate threat of Gon going to the king. To what end what Pouf's remain for, after hearing Meruem state aloud that he's resigned to his duty as the King, shattering Pouf's vision and dreams and leaving him broken?

>This is my point you retard, the deep devotion or deep grudge facilitates the curse. This is missing from Hisoka.

Based on what? The kind of character Hisoka isn't the same as Pitou. Were you expecting some big theatrical response from someone that rarely shows what his emotions aside from arousal or amusement? His actions and words clearly show a major change due to what happened.

Hisoka's actions are a clear 180 from the sort of approach to fighting we've seen since forever, Because he thought of himself as the best there is, even ranked people according to his arbitrary scale of strength. You can't just ignore that and act like Hisoka is the same as before because he isn't. Especially since that free and easy approach is what killed him in the first.
>>
>>157322574
Machi stated Hisoka's revival was a case of nen getting stronger after death.
And no, Bungee Gum is not augmented. Now that he's alive, his nen returns to normal.
>>
>>157322574
Yes, Phinks says that Kurapika is the perfect archetype, his nen would "hold a deep grudge and seek the object of his hatred".
I assume there are more possibilities than hatred. It's hard to say if Hisoka had strong feelings or not, since his character is like that. I assume so, he lives for fighting and nothing else, it makes sense that the desire to fight on would be a strong feeling, even more considering the situation. Hisoka chased Chrollo for over a year, he probably felt like he was about to fuck his highschool crush.
>>
>>157322143
>Yes, this is exactly the point. Hisoka did not have any of these, he just took a gamble. Which is why I said that now anyone should be able to do it,.
Hisoka had spent YEARS trying to get a fight with Chrollo. He was pissed as fuck when Chrollo spent the entire match outplaying him, then murdered his ass. He was more than salty enough to have his nen activate from the grave. He was so mad that broke character afterward and started murdering Chrollo's henchmen in a pissy fit.

Hisoka probably just knew that if Chrollo managed to kill him, he'd be angry enough for his nen to reactivate.
>>
>>157322464
>Previously you needed strong emotion for nen to linger.
Which is theoretically any on that can use nen. And no, Hisoka didn't merely ask his nen to work, it respond to his strong emotion to want to live. He spoke to it because he's a hammy kind of character and you don't see signs of desperation because he is in general an enigma of a character.

And telling me to read it again isn't helping you whatsoever. Phinks said that nen could be reinforced after death. Different word, same effect. And that it would seek the object of that grudge which would on only work because of the Judgement Chain on his heart.
>>
>>157322628
>Which again means nothing.
Why are you trying to dismiss this? Togashi spent 4 volumes showing that Pitou considered Gon a threat and just how deep that fear of Gon endangering the king and even the operation. Then shows Pitou's nen acting on that directive. It means that it matters what mindset the person has and how strong the feelings were. And your point about Pouf only solidifies why it was important to build up to that moment. Pouf had lost his drive and died by the wayside. That works on a narrative level.

>Were you expecting some big theatrical response
No, I'm asking the author to properly build up to a scene and not leave things like this up to suppositions about a character whose internal working we never fully understand or see.

That's why I can believe Kurapika's chain would have persisted. Because he fit the mentality of someone whose ability would manifest as a curse and we have an entire two arcs showcasing just how far he'll go to go after the spiders. That's why I believed in Pitou's ability coming back after I saw how she grappled with how to deal with Gon. And that's why I don't believe that some cocky asshole can just will his nen to resuscitate him after he died because of "Hear me my Nen".

The problem with Hisoka using nen after death is that it relies on too much supposition. "Show don't Tell" and failing that "Tell don't leave it up to the reader". We're not shown a Hisoka who fears death enough to try and come up with contingencies, he's always on top until this fight. And we're not told that his aura revived because of some strong will, all we get is "Oh My Rubber Nen".

>>157322623
>I don't think he was capable of doing that before.
We know that you can replicate 3d shapes with aura. All Hisoka is doing is covering some Gum based 3D buildups with his texture surprise to make them look real. That part I don't have a problem with.
>>
>>157319121
>Also on the note of Killua, it still makes absolutely 0 sense that Killua wasn't taught Nen by his family, and had to learn it on his own.
So Illumi can control him. I thought it was obvious.
>>
mad hisokfags
>>
>>157322593
>And we don't even know what Kite's ability does
I'm a little confused about Kite's ability. Wouldn't it not have mattered since there are some Chimera Ants that retained the personalities of the person who went into their making? Why would Kite need an ability to do what has already been shown to be possible?
>>
>>157323127
He wasn't turned into spicy meatball.
>>
File: 1492238230793.png (773KB, 890x1300px) Image search: [Google]
1492238230793.png
773KB, 890x1300px
you have 15 seconds to explain how this happened
>>
>>157323127
Kite was used as Pitou's play-thing and a training dummy.
>>
>>157323280
>lethal damage
>>
>>157323247
>>157323319
Oh right, his body was recovered by Shoot too.

How in the fuck does this guy have an ability that transfers his soul?

>>157323280
Every part of a sun/moon tagged body explodes. He had another doll connect the two stickers on the main body so that the head would detonate.
>>
>>157323127
Maybe the ability just increases the chances of him surviving.
>>
File: 021.png (383KB, 900x1300px) Image search: [Google]
021.png
383KB, 900x1300px
come on man
>>
>>157323280
sorry fucked up see >>157323508
>>
>>157323280
The body whose head Hisoka is holding was affixed with a Sun symbol. Chrollo used Black Voice to order someone with a Moon sign to touch that particular body. The explosion reflects not only on the part that is touched but also on what was torn from it, therefore the head exploded too.
>>
>>157323358
Reminder that Pokkle and bee girl were such absolute fodder that Togashi didn't even bother reviving them as ants.
>>
>>157323508
It's amazing how people still have trouble following the fight when every aspect of it is clearly explained.
>>
File: 1494695598752.jpg (74KB, 570x710px) Image search: [Google]
1494695598752.jpg
74KB, 570x710px
>>157323650
damn anon that kinda hurts thats something that didn't need to be said
>>157323673
I know man its one of the most detailed fights in hunter
>>
>>157317232
Cheating is a skill.
>>
>>157322934
>Why are you trying to dismiss this?
Because I don't see the build-up beyond what we already knew about what these characters would do to protect their king. Pitou's protection of Komugi was symbolic of a mother protecting her young because she cared so much for Meruem's emotional well being. Pouf and Yupi offering their bodies to Meruem and the joy they felt doing so was indicative of a mother nurturing her young because they wanted Meruem to be return to his original state. They all felt such passion for protecting him any way they could, I just don't put Pitou on a pedestal because of it.

>No, I'm asking the author to properly build up to a scene and not leave things like this up to suppositions about a character whose internal working we never fully understand or see.

This is practically the first fight ever that Hisoka was shown with his back against the wall. From Heavens Arena to the Election arc, he has shown to also be in control. It happened when he fought Kastro and it happened when he fought Gotoh. This fight presented him a bitter taste of reality, I can fully believe someone as cocky and arrogant as him would go to such lengths to make up for an utterly humiliating defeat. It would be a mishandling of his character if now suddenly all of these emotions and the look of fear just stated popping up out of nowhere. And the audience doesn't need to be handheld to seeing what is going on in Hisoka's head. His change was subtle and his decision to kill of the Spider entirely wasn't done for laughs. I fully expect to see more development to Hisoka in the event Togashi actually does return from his hiatus.
>>
>>157324122
>I just don't put Pitou on a pedestal because of it.
Well seeing as she's the only one to manifest her nen after death because of what we see of her over a course of time. I do. Because I'm looking at the criteria that would lend itself to a character making their nen persist after death.

> I fully expect to see more development to Hisoka in the event Togashi actually does return from his hiatus.
And if Togashi does I'll eat my words but until then I don't believe Hisoka has the necessary qualities to make his nen manifest after death. If what's shown is all that is needed than I expect the phenomenon to be less rare and more accessible to just about anyone.

And keep in mind that I fully believe the Meteor City elder could despite him never being onscreen more than once because His ability is shown to be one borne from his hatred towards the outside world. This guy was so mad that even in death his power stayed in Chrollo's book. That actually makes more narrative sense than Hisoka.
>>
>>157323358
The Koala Chapter explained that souls have the ability to reincarnate itself in certain circumstances. Which explains why some ants remembered pieces of their former life
>>
>>157324615
Yes but that only works if they are eaten by the queen. Kite wasn't so it's unsure how his unknown ability did the trick for him.
>>
>>157324726
O MY CRAZY SLOTS
>>
>>157324726
Isn't he actually a specialist? I don't remember correctly, but I think his weapon was conjured, which is right beside specialization.
>>
File: Hunter X Hunter v32-100.jpg (1MB, 2037x3056px) Image search: [Google]
Hunter X Hunter v32-100.jpg
1MB, 2037x3056px
>>157324726
this the only explanation I recall getting about it, who knows it could of been nen after death.
>>
>>157324572
Not the guy you responded to but i recall Hisoka saying he joined the Troupe solely to fight Chrollo, which was 2 years before the events of Yorkshin, time he spent looking for an opportunity
After he got cockblocked he went to pretty great lengths to get an exorcist to fix him, and after that he spent months running after him, only to get effortlessly destroyed in a fight where he barely even saw Chrollo

If Pitou wanting to kill Gon for like an hour is a good enough explanation to you then i don't see why this wouldn't be
>>
>>157324572
The nen remaining after death would have to have been activated prior to dying for it to remain. Pitou had on Terpsichora on the minute Gon-san came to fuck shit up. And it stayed on all throughout the fight. So her case made sense. Hisoka ,moments before dying, enshrouded his heart and lungs prior to suffocation.

>And if Togashi does I'll eat my words but until then I don't believe Hisoka has the necessary qualities to make his nen manifest after death.

I mean in the vein of that Meteor City elder, a similar response could have been elicited from been so humiliated, deflating much of this self-image of himself being the strongest there is. It's entirely vain yes, but that is Hisoka in general among other things. But yes, we'll just have to wait and see. Personally , I don't think this won't be dwelled upon again, seeing how this fight came out of nowhere. This provides an opportunity to flesh Hisoka out more than just the wild card with a fighting fetish
>>
>>157325248
>If Pitou wanting to kill Gon for like an hour is a good enough explanation to you then i don't see why this wouldn't be
I hadn't thought of this actually. I could buy this though. He's got an entire arc machinating to fight Chrollo, and a second arc working in the backgrounds to find an exorcist, and finally this fight. He selects his targets and "grooms" them over long periods of times so the obsessive nature is there.

Although there still is the (or at least my) perceived discrepancy between how this mindset is shown and whether or not it provides enough backing for nen to persist after death. Does being a combat junky really give you enough willpower to do it (aside from the fact that the story shows it in fact does)

>>157325324
>The nen remaining after death would have to have been activated prior to dying for it to remain
Solid observation.

>But yes, we'll just have to wait and see. Personally , I don't think this won't be dwelled upon again, seeing how this fight came out of nowhere
In the same boat. There has to be more in the future and if we get an examination of this particular mindset he has in later chapters it would be appreciated.
>Vain
I could buy this as stated above. Each person had a specific target in mind that fit their
>>
>>157323127
How did Kite's ability even transfer his soul into a new body? Wasn't his ability just basically a slot machine that gave him a weapon depending what it lands on?

He should of stayed dead, it pretty much made Gon kill Pitou for no reason, have him get nearly killed and crippled for life, and in the end it was all for nothing because the man he thought he was avenging was still alive.
>>
Besides Specialization, what do you think would be the best category to be your natural?
>>
>>157325945
That was the point.
>>
oh my rubber nen...
>>
>>157317232
>Losers
>win
Pick one
>>
Why does Hisoka want to suck Chrollo's cock so badly
>>
File: Hunter X Hunter v14-113.jpg (886KB, 2037x3056px) Image search: [Google]
Hunter X Hunter v14-113.jpg
886KB, 2037x3056px
>>157325945
>How did Kite's ability even transfer his soul into a new body?
Been thinking about this. When the Phantom Troupe is deducing how Greed Island works they note that instead of your soul leaving your body and being sent to the game, you are physically teleported. That could imply that there are nen abilities that do in fact separate the soul from the body and we do in fact know that the soul exists within this world.

So Kite in theory has an ability that severs his soul from his body and causes it to rest in another vessel through unknown means or restrictions other than "I don't want to die"

Barring that the only explanation I have is Togashi decided to retroactively revive him while writing the CA arc, or O, MY CRAZY SLOTS.

>He should of stayed dead,
I'd have kept him dead because I prefer death to have consequences in fiction and I've read enough comics/manga where entire cities are wiped out only to be revived later on when things are over.

>>157326269
Conjuration, but something more flexible in form like how Bonolenov has multiple objects he can conjure. Had an idea for a hatsu that's stuck with me through the years but I'm not chuuni enough to post it anywhere on the internet now.
>>
>>157322938
...never thought of that before. That makes a lot of sense.

I still feel like Togashi shoe horned Nen into the story... it's just too weird that no one would demonstrate Nen during the hunter exams. I
can buy that 90% of the participants were completely unaware of it's existence. But Hisoka arbitrarily deciding to hold back using Nen while he kills the other classmates? Or Illumi? Feels out of character.
>>
>>157326586
I guess Kite has an ability like that since Ging is the one who helped him come up with it.
>>
>>157326586
do it fag
>>
>>157317232
>Dai San Gen
>>
Tsubame won fair and square
>>
>>157326589
>Hisoka arbitrarily deciding to hold back using Nen
Hisoka slaughtered the participants with nen-reinforced cards. Throwing a card isn't supposed to kill people. Gon and Kilua's nen teacher explained how Hisoka did it during the battle tower arc. Hisoka didn't need to use nen reinforced cards, he actually went out of his way to use nen in those fights.
>>
>>157326589
>it's just too weird that no one would demonstrate Nen during the hunter exams
Hisoka's cards cutting people is now explained through Shu.

Illumi's ability to alter his face could be the result of manipulation through his needles

Netero's durability when Killua kicks him could now be explained as a nen-less person attacking a guy using Ten.

The officials that tailed everyone during the island were all probalby using Zetsu.
>>
>>157326586
His ability could very well be something as absurd as "revive me after I die". His crazy slot is pretty standard conjuration with a gimmick on top. If he's indeed a specialist, then he's similar to Chrollo, conjuring an item with a special skill. Since his specialization would not be fit for fighting, it makes sense to improve conjuration and adapt it for battle.

>>157326886
Didn't Gon also tail Hisoka with something very similar to zetsu?
>>
>Throughout the whole story it is established that death, a strong wish and/or devotion can affect ones Nen, for example Pitou's strong wish to protect the King made her Nen continue after death
>HURR DURR RUBBER NEN WAS CHEATING AND AN ASSPULL
>>
>>157327089
>Didn't Gon also tail Hisoka with something very similar to zetsu?
Kinda? Gon was used to being around animals so being able to "suppress his presence" is a trait he learned. It still wouldn't have suppressed his aura since he had no way to control his aura nodes at that time.

>>157326686
You first asshole, I know everyone who reads this series long enough makes an ability or two up.
>>
>>157327252
I think in Gon's fight against that dreidel guy he used Zetsu fot the first time and his teacher said something like he must have learned Zetsu because he experienced it subconsciously when he lived among animals in the forest.
>>
>>157326586
>we do in fact know that the soul exists within this world
would soul not refer to their aura in general
>>
>>157327252
I have an ability.
>exorcist
>can absorb nen by having sex
>nen will be stored inside tits or penis, enlarging it
>can pass nen on like a STD
>>
>>157327179
Except in the cases where it was either stated or shown/alluded to, Nen was said to get stronger after death if the person was experiencing a state of STRONG EMOTION during the time of their death. What emotion was Hisoka showing other than "Lol I guess ince I'm about to die I better try this one trick that I've literally never done before just to see if it works lmao"?

It's fucking hack writing and you don't have to constantly defend Togashis bullshit
>>
File: Hunter X Hunter v6-113.jpg (669KB, 2037x3056px) Image search: [Google]
Hunter X Hunter v6-113.jpg
669KB, 2037x3056px
>>157327560
They are shown to be separate things so I would assume no.

>>157327405
Pic related
>>
>>157327745
Hisoka's whole thing is surviving and being the strongest,like back when he was a kid and lived on the streets. So him having a strong emotional reaction when he is about to DIE makes sense.
>>
>>157327745
Read the thread, shitposter.
>>
his name is Quwrof Wrlccywrlir
>>
>>157327745
See >>157322574
>>
Hisoka isn't a villain, he is literally the Goku of the HxH world that just wants to have fun fighting strong opponents.
>>
>>157327796
man that dreidel guy really put his points in the wrong skills huh, such a bad ability.
>>
>>157327252
>everyone who reads this series long enough makes an ability or two up.
Been following this since 2008, haven't really though about it. Now I'm curious, tell us.
>>
>>157317232

I see what you did there.

10/10 bait - Quality bait, trolled both sides. Very good.
>>
>>157326886
>>157326834
True, I forgot about the Nen reinforced cards.

>Throwing a card isn't supposed to kill people.
Yeah, but there's a ton of stuff in the manga that doesn't make any sense and/or isn't possible in the real world that was accomplished without Nen. During the same arc, Killua flexes his hand to be sharp enough to literally pull someone's heart out of their chest. The dude he's fighting in that scene has strong enough fingers to rip through concrete like it was made out of styrofoam. All 4 of the main cast do other crazy shit during the exam, all without nen.

I guess my point is that superhuman, irl impossible feats were already shown to be possible within the HxH universe. The actions and feats characters were able to pull off made sense, and were believable within the rules of the previously established universe.

Personally, I wouldn't have needed to have a character come along later and explain how Hisoka was able to cut through someone's neck with a playing card. It already made sense in the HxH universe. So when Wing explains that "Hisoka could only cut through someone's throat.....because he was using NEN all along!" it feels cheap, and like a retroactive insertion of a plot point into previous parts of the series. Like a revisionist going through history and inserting the narrative they want to sell into the books to give it precedent and credence.

I'm only quibbling over a minor point now tho, just thought it was worth mentioning. You guys are right - Togashi explained it better than I remembered.
>>
So after reading this thread, overall, is Hisoka's revival an asspull or not?
>Tfw actually thought it was a really damn cool moment when I first read it, then thought it was a shit asspull after coming to thread discussions, then came back around to thinking it was a cool moment that made sense.
I just want Togashi to expand upon it all sooner than later.
>>
>>157329422
It isn't.

What he did not only fit the rules of the show but also was in line with his character. If you are wondering if Hisoka had a strong enough resolve, I would argue that the kind of arrogant character he is wouldn't live down a humiliating loss that should have cost him his life. I'd wait for more interactions to see Hisoka's change, the hiatus being over is like 50-70% possible
>>
>>157329422
Not an asspull. Just a question about whether or not what he did matches the expectations set by previous characters/statements in the series.
>>
Hisoka's asspull is an asspull.
This aside many people don't realize that is not a matter of being more or less skilled.
Chrollo have a completely different mindset compared to Hisoka. He don't give a shit about fighting with worthy opponents. He fight to kill, to reach an objective. And how this objective is reached it doesn't matter, if he have to use nukes he uses nukes. If he have to stab the opponent in his sleep he does. He don't give a shit. Fighting "fair and square" is pointless from his point of view.
Hisoka was naive thinking he could have a proper fight against him.
>>
>>157329422
It's bad writing, but not an asspull.
>>
File: hiso.png (395KB, 520x952px) Image search: [Google]
hiso.png
395KB, 520x952px
Will Chrollo's existential crisis finally get a conclusion?
>>
File: 1463000786-troll-hisoka.png (1MB, 1980x1980px) Image search: [Google]
1463000786-troll-hisoka.png
1MB, 1980x1980px
>>157317232
though
>>
The whole battle felt completely pointless.
>>
Kirapika will join forces with Hisoka when he finds out Chrollo can use his nen again.
>>
>>157332634
Twist: Hisoka didn't make it on the boat.
>>
File: Hisoka_Votes_Volume_30_Colored.png (172KB, 150x586px) Image search: [Google]
Hisoka_Votes_Volume_30_Colored.png
172KB, 150x586px
>>157332158
>>
File: 74879.jpg (175KB, 733x500px) Image search: [Google]
74879.jpg
175KB, 733x500px
>>157317232
HAHAHHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAH
>>
>>157319008
>tfw all those anons who died before chimera ended
>>
>>157332634
Doesn't he know already? He told Killua he would know if someone removed his nen.
>>
File: 1487351809410.png (42KB, 325x247px) Image search: [Google]
1487351809410.png
42KB, 325x247px
>finally realize that togashi is a hack and HxH is the biggest anticlimax on manga history
>tfw i still consider HxH the greatest shonen ever created
>>
File: 1494623277599.jpg (390KB, 1918x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1494623277599.jpg
390KB, 1918x1080px
Next volume will be all about Hisoka killing the spiders one by one until only Chrollo is left.
>>
File: Hisoka.full.1106266.jpg (248KB, 550x814px) Image search: [Google]
Hisoka.full.1106266.jpg
248KB, 550x814px
>>157332769
theres no real evidence that proves he's on the boat as of now but lets face it he's on the boat, if not he has to make it to the continent.
You're telling me not only did Togashi leave Hisoka out of the ant arc, kill him only to revive him, and set up him hunting the spiders only for him to be left out of one of the most built up arc in the series.
thats beyond blue balling anon.
>>157332812
this was probably his best version of that costume
>>
>>157317919
Who would win if they would fight each other?
Is Hisoka also stronger than Neferpitou?
>>
>>157333238
It'd be hilarious if Hisoka missed out on the boat shenanigans.
>>
wew Hisocucks are crybabies
>>
>>157333255
Netero
No
>>
File: eumenes.png (36KB, 247x294px) Image search: [Google]
eumenes.png
36KB, 247x294px
>>157333305
>hilarious
anon I don't even know how i'd react to that.
>>
>>157333441
T
>>
File: 1494126955589.png (313KB, 628x539px) Image search: [Google]
1494126955589.png
313KB, 628x539px
Pitou deserved better
>>
>>157333734
>one dimensional monstrous meruem-asslicker
No
>>
>>157326589
>...never thought of that before. That makes a lot of sense.
As I've said before, I thought it was obvious. They have to raise an unparalleled genius, even by the family standards. And said genius likes to play vidya and pamper his sister(is he/she/it even human?) more than killing.
>it's just too weird that no one would demonstrate Nen during the hunter exams.
Hisoka's cards, Netero's durability(he jumped from the zeppelin, remember?), Illumi's needles, Illumi's pressure on Killua.
I hesitate to add Killua's claws to the list, but I think it's his natural nen ability.

The only serious nen-related plothole for this period that I can think of would be the fact that Hisoka failed to glue his tag during the forest survival exam.
But it's quite possible that he made this decision deliberately to have even more fun hunting.
>>
can you survive on nen-conjured food?
>>
>>157334167
This, the only knight with an ounce of depth was Pouf, not that it went anywhere. But at least he actively betrayed the King's wishes for his own selfish desire to be loved by him.
>>
>>157320490
i would be extremely mad she is my waifu
>>
The only asspull in the series is Alluka, her fucking existence is cheap as fuck
>>
File: hisokaworried.png (169KB, 589x630px) Image search: [Google]
hisokaworried.png
169KB, 589x630px
(1)
>mfw Hisoka piled on by jihad clones and an explosion is the cliff hanger
>>
File: 1465412072962.png (674KB, 1227x1622px) Image search: [Google]
1465412072962.png
674KB, 1227x1622px
>>157336289

(2)
>mfw revived and 2 spiders dead in the next fucking chapter
>>
What if Hisoka is ugly as fuck and uses a combo of both his nen types as plastic surgery? Maybe he never had a nose to being with.
>>
Boy those movies sure are fucking mediocre. There's not much to say about them, but which was worse?
>>
>>157336238
>The only asspull Is Killua's inmunity to Nanika.
Ftfy
>>
File: 1465982599729.png (37KB, 335x375px) Image search: [Google]
1465982599729.png
37KB, 335x375px
>>157336405
would be funny but he still has the jawline and here is him after just waking up from being dead (no time to set up this combo)
>>
>>157336405
Hisoka was ugly as fuck at first until Togashi made his design prettier.
>>
>Nen is the most fully fleshed out and balanced shounen spirit energy system hxhfags said
>powerful abilities require strict conditions togashi said
>"his power is so OP he needs to satisfy 4 or 5 conditions just to use his ability" zeno said
>LOL FORGET ALL THAT I CAN USE IT WITH 2 HANDS

explain this shit
>>
>>157336439
I didn't see the first one but the villain literally having a different version of the Bodhisattva and dark nen were disgusting I can't see anything being worse. Not to mention Netero was tied up the entire movie and could of ended it at any point himself hell I don't even think him and jed actually fought at the end.
Its pretty lame because its not that hard to make a cookie cutter shounen movie just look at dbz and op.
>>
>>157336745
I think the stealing part is good, lots of conditions that are hard to fulfill. There should be some drawback to marking and using more than one skill at once.
>>
>>157337092
There already is a drawback, he needs to keep the book open to that page and have it out, occupying one hand

He must've required some insane sacrifices to use both hands and I can't imagine chrollo caring enough to make any kind of personal sacrifices just to fight hisoka
>>
File: aokimura.jpg (132KB, 469x348px) Image search: [Google]
aokimura.jpg
132KB, 469x348px
>ctrl + f "aoki"
>no results
>mfw
What an utterly shit thread, desu
>>
File: HxH_c351_p19.jpg (293KB, 784x1145px) Image search: [Google]
HxH_c351_p19.jpg
293KB, 784x1145px
>>157336745
>explain this shit
His inability to use two handed abilities was a side effect of Skill Hunter since it requires him to hold the book and he found that he needed to adapt his ability so he made the bookmark.

It allows him to use multiple abilities but also use abilities that require the use of both hands since he can close the book and still keep powers running. The drawback he made is that he can only use one bookmark.

People evolving their abilities happens, We saw that Cheetu added the bowgun to his tag game in real time, Chrollo had months to figure out how to better adapt Skill Hunter but he didn't change the prerequisites to stealing abilities, just the means in which he can access them.
>>
>>157337313
Cheetu is like several months old and a complete newbie to nen

Chrollo's had his abilities for years.
>>
>>157337461
that was partially his point
>>
>>157337461
That was my point. We see how it can be done, than we see it again from a guy who isn't a retard when designing his abilites additions.
>>
>>157337513
If that's the case then Chrollo's first guess for prerequisites were way off the mark. Like if Kurapica suddenly discovering he could've used chain jail on anybody not just spiders and he overestimated the conditions to begin with.
>>
>>157317232
Some hisokafags really are salty by this. It's called strategy and preparation to the fullest.
>>
>>157337608
>If that's the case then Chrollo's first guess for prerequisites were way off the mark.
Not really, stealing a skill still requires heavy restrictions, but not being able to use two hands is something he had to "work around" until he made the bookmark. So he still could use two handed abilities before, just not in the way he's using them now. And he states that his bookmark has other "annoying" drawbacks, we just only see one which is the number limitation.

So for Kurapika to be able to lift the "spider's Only or death" restriction on Chain Jail. he would have to create a proportional restriction to force his opponent into Zetsu.
>>
>>157333238
I think you're probably right, but it isn't inconceivable to think that some or most of the Spiders are actually back at Meteor City and Hisoka's going to go there to look for them, allowing them to be part of what has been foreshadowed to be Gyro's arc.
>>
>>157338087
Not being able to use two hands is an incredibly strong condition. All the other conditions are absolutely nothing for him, he can just torture them to satisfy it like he did with owl.
>>
File: 1489522760978.jpg (35KB, 552x504px) Image search: [Google]
1489522760978.jpg
35KB, 552x504px
>>157317232
>it's been year and niggas are still equally as mad as they were first day
O MY RUBBER NEN truly was the best thing to happen in HxH
>>
>>157338320
I wish he would have ended at hisoka's death and then brought him back with o my rubber nen 3 years later when the hiatus ends

we would have had two spectrums of shitposting
>>
File: Hunter X Hunter v13-120.jpg (1MB, 2037x3056px) Image search: [Google]
Hunter X Hunter v13-120.jpg
1MB, 2037x3056px
>>157338314
>Not being able to use two hands is an incredibly strong condition
That was never a condition, just a side effect of having to hold the book. He could use two handed abilities before just with difficulty it seems.
>>
>>157333734
>killed kite
>deserves anything but suffering
Sure
>>
>>157338693
>turned kite into a loli with dsls
ftfy
>>
>>157338965
Yes, Shitou ruined Kite, so it got pounded to death.
>>
>>157335576
They literally got the same amount of development that Pouf and Youpi had when Gon & friends invaded the palace.
>>
>>157333734
Pitou deserved my dicking
>>
File: hunter-x-hunter-328092.jpg (146KB, 800x1150px) Image search: [Google]
hunter-x-hunter-328092.jpg
146KB, 800x1150px
>>157335576
>>157339243
Pouf had the most depth, Youpi was the most interesting character in the arc, Pitou was just boring.

Neither Pouf nor Youpi did nothing wrong either, they didn't deserve to die.
>>
>>157332869
IT WAS HIS TURN!!!!
>>
File: 1492057564871.jpg (434KB, 923x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1492057564871.jpg
434KB, 923x1200px
>>157339298
She's mine
>>
File: rubber and gum.png (174KB, 996x435px) Image search: [Google]
rubber and gum.png
174KB, 996x435px
>>
>>157317232
If they won then how are they losers? If anything the "skilled" guy is a loser. What does skill matter if you can't win with it?
>>
File: 1494088120326.jpg (1MB, 800x1100px) Image search: [Google]
1494088120326.jpg
1MB, 800x1100px
>>
File: 56.jpg (40KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
56.jpg
40KB, 500x500px
>>157339481
>Pouf had the most depth
Crazy butterfly ant, so deep.
>Youpi was the most interesting character in the arc
He was angry and dumb, really interesting character indeed.
>they didn't deserve to die.
Oh, so you're actually delusional.
>>
>*becomes the best character*
>>
File: 1494955477399.jpg (16KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1494955477399.jpg
16KB, 480x360px
>>157340813
fuck
>>
File: 1372346881863657.jpg (48KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
1372346881863657.jpg
48KB, 480x640px
>>157339736
Nope. I've been pounding the bug poon years before you were even born, kiddo.
>>
>>157339481
I was surprised at how bland Pitou ended up being. Its relationship with Meruem was pretty lame too.
>>
File: 1494796870409.jpg (440KB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
1494796870409.jpg
440KB, 1500x1500px
>Pitou will never turn you into her personal sex slave
Thread posts: 256
Thread images: 42

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.