[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is battle shonen such a shit genre?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

Why is battle shonen such a shit genre?
>>
>>157288152
Because we haven't had a good one in ages, i haven't read the manga for this but holy shit this has got to be THE WORST, tournament arc i have ever seen.

No interesting character drama, the only two characters with any kind of drama or build up won't even fight each other.
There are no stakes what so ever, you can't even kill your opponents in this tourney(baby ass hero setting)

No interesting fight choreography, super generic powers, no surprises, and average at best animation. AT LEAST throw in a bit of sakuga to make the fights visually pleasing because this script is shit.
>>
Hero Academia is overrated but the mangaka knows how to make a powerful scene. Too bad the rest is mediocre.
>>
>>157288152
it's been done too many times, it's too formulaic (despite the hilarious claims by bnha autists this is some sort of original take on it) and lately it feels more and more like it's tailored for yaoi landwhales what's with the bitchboy mc sucking the abusive rival's dick
>>
>>157288406
>you can't even kill your opponents
This isn't the genre for you.
>>
>>157288152
Cause autist try to impose their vision on it like >>157288406
>>
Its for 10yo kids
>>
>>157288406
Akame ga Kill is the face of why edge in generic shonen doesn't work

>>157288885
This
>>
>>157288152
Go fuck yourself, the best manga of all time is a battle shounen.
>>
>>157288152
Do you think battle seinen is better?
>>
>>157288885
This.
>>
>>157288152

Because they all want to be Dragon Ball Z and DBZ wasn't very good to start with
>>
Shonen is not a genre.
>>
>>157288958
akame ga kill is even worse
>>157288981
Would you look at that, actually stakes in a battle, wew
>>157288683
They don't need to actually kill anyone off, just having less rules in general would make the fights more interesting.
>>
File: HMMMMMMM.gif (1MB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
HMMMMMMM.gif
1MB, 480x270px
>>157288152
>battle shonen shit
>posts one of the few good battle shonen

What did OP mean by this?
>>
This is the single case that I would prefer an anime be slice of life than a shounen. I need more Kouda and Aoyama, and there's too many side characters to please anybody. The villains are pretty one-dimensional and the anime only shows the most boring arcs storing the most boring characters (Shinsou's alright but Todoroki's entire arc could have been made so much more interesting with another character).
The only good part about the tournament is Deku going full madman.
>>
>>157292562
Shiggy is like the only one-dimensional villain, and even then that's only because he's still growing as one.
>>
>>157288981
Hokuto no Ken is GOAT
>>
>>157290885
its literally two rules you retard, dont kill your opponent and dont get knocked out
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.