[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

When you finish an anime and pick up the source material, do

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

File: cover_ln.jpg (943KB, 2029x964px) Image search: [Google]
cover_ln.jpg
943KB, 2029x964px
When you finish an anime and pick up the source material, do you start from volume one or pick up from where the anime finished?
>>
>>157280510
Volume 1 If you like it enough. Otherwise if people say its basically the same, where it left off.
>>
>>157280510
Always volume 1.
>>
Where it let off, no point read something you already know
>>
The fuck? The start.
>>
>>157280510
Depends on the Material in question: Is the Anime a page-for-page remake of the Source, does it leave out some stuff, would re-reading the stuff you already seen be enjoyable? Plus, how long was the Anime: 12 Episode or 48-OVAs? Its hard to give a blanket statement, honestly.

I for the most part reread, but not directly after watching, mostly because i would read 4-Koma and general comedy stuff that's just as entertaining on the second consumption as the first time.
(But, to be honest, with these the earlier chapters, so those that would be included in the Anime, are often better then the later ones anyway, because serialization is a helluva drug)
>>
this is why you lurk threads to find out if the manga is different. start from the beginning, it takes like 20 minutes to catch up.
>>
>>157280529
I try to pick up from volume one, but for some novels the beginning is so similar to the anime it's not barely different enough to read from the start again
>>
>>157280668
Sometimes the stuff they left off from volume one is irrelevant. Most of the time some irrelevant fanservice scenes.
Some details are left off sure but you could just read the part the anime ommited; no need to read from the start.
>>
>>157280510
I don't read source material, anime is always better.
PS. I am a Kyoanifag
>>
Depends. Rokujouma was so compressed there is good reason to go back to volume 1, but for something like Strike the Blood there is literally no reason to do that.
>>
>>157280777
I bet your favorite is Amaburi
>>
I always start from the beginning because I like to see for myself what if any changes were made.
>>
I'm smart so i can work my way around the omitted details with pure logic and intuition, thus there's no need for me to go back to the first volumes
>>
For LNs usually from volume 1 since there are usually major differences.

For manga its case by case, though usually from 1
>>
>>157280956
arent the fairies not introduced until volume 4 or something? how can that be good
>>
File: LN's are trash.jpg (123KB, 842x582px) Image search: [Google]
LN's are trash.jpg
123KB, 842x582px
Why the fuck would i read LN garbage?

For manga if it's 1:1 adaption no point reading from the start
>>
>>157281506
Major differences how? Every LN vol 1 I read it's mostly the same aside from adding some details in conversations
>>
>>157280668
>>157280773

Personally, I start with the source material first.
>>
>>157280510
Depends if the ainme i the same as the manga i go from where it left off if not then from the start.
>>
>>157281533
They aren't? Fuck.
>>
>>157280510
tbqh op, all of those LN in your image are shit.
>>
The start
The only one that I read where the anime stopped was Witch Craft Works
>>
>>157284974
I'd agree but Shana is good
>>
>>157285606
also Shana kind of animated most of the LN, isnt it? Yeah they may have skipped some stuff but they got most ..... right?
>>
>>157284974
>tbqh op, all LNs are shit.
ftfy
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.