[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is Fune wo Amu a masterpiece?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 6

File: 1477183180350.jpg (73KB, 1385x732px) Image search: [Google]
1477183180350.jpg
73KB, 1385x732px
Is Fune wo Amu a masterpiece?
>>
>>157222013
>Timeskip to after marriage
Fucking dropped.
>>
>>157222013
No, it was rather shitty.
How did this autistic hunchback every got that hot broad anyway? It all felt lazy and dumb.
>>
File: Fune-wo-Amu-07-1.jpg (157KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Fune-wo-Amu-07-1.jpg
157KB, 1280x720px
>>157222013
I really enjoyed it. So glad these two got married and started a family.
>>
>>157222013

Not for me, at least. I did really enjoy it though. The main character was just so loveable. Same with the co-worker the previous anon mentioned.

But a big problem I had with it was that they finished it in 2015 or something like that, when phones and online dictionaries exist, making physical dictionaries near-useless. So, despite their incredible enthusiasm and desire to finish the dictionary being really charming, that thought was always in the back of my mind.

Still inspiring.

>>157222049

This was also a problem. I thought the main character's relationship with his wife would play a much bigger role than it ended up being. I understand the story is about the dictionary, but the amount of time spent on the main character getting with her made it seem important. She was definitely there for him during hard times, but still basically a non-character after they get together.

I'd compare it to The Wind Rises, but I like this more because the cast was a lot more likeable, even if the goal in The Wind Rises is more practical I guess you could say.
>>
File: Zzdc7.png (177KB, 432x415px) Image search: [Google]
Zzdc7.png
177KB, 432x415px
>>157222990
>I'd compare it to The Wind Rises, but I like this more
>>
>>157222013
I thought it was boring and forgettable. It wasn't terrible or anything though
>>
>>157223181
What's wrong with The Wind Rises? I also liked it.
>>
>>157222013
DESU, it was often rather boring and I am usually a fan of these kind of anime.
>>
>>157223245
Nothing, it's comparing it to FwA and claiming the second is better that's the problem.
>>
>>157223181

What's wrong with what I said?

I just didn't feel much for the cast in the movie. They weren't fleshed out enough for me to care that much, thus the only thing I really liked was the fantastic animation, the hilarious man-made sound effects, and the message it was trying to say.

Oh, another problem Fune wo Amu had was it constantly throwing the title in the viewer's face about the sea of words and such. It just seemed a bit silly and annoying at times.

But all the problems I have with Fune wo Amu don't matter much because of how much I enjoyed the cast. The ending theme was also rather lovely. That cast is what makes me enjoy this show more than The Wind Rises though.

A lot of times, a great and loveable cast can save a show or make an okay/great one even better. Fune wo Amu is one such show for me.
>>
>>157222013
9/10 I loved it
>>
I thought it was pretty bad. Another movie-lenght stretched out to 4 hours. I've seen it like last week and honestly I don't remember anything from it >>>157222203
like who those two are or anything.
>>
>>157223688
Leaving quality aside where did the idea of the comparison even came from?
The two were making completely opposite points.
>>
>>157224107

Were they? Maybe I'm an idiot then. Do you mean like how The Wind Rises has the main character try to complete his goal by himself while neglecting those around him whereas Fune wo Amu's realizes his own limits and asks for the help of his co-workers and peers? Something like that?

The reason I brought it up is because both were about a main character striving to achieve a single goal in their life stopping at nothing to make it a reality. They also both have the main character get married along the way who affect their work in different ways.

I mostly just brought it up to say I like Fune wo Amu more because of its characters, but not really to put The Wind Rises down.
>>
>>157224678
The point of The Wind Rises was that the protagonist's obsession brought misery to everyone around him, from the people that eventually would get affected by his invention to his dying wife that he neglected and mistreated (see the fantastic scene where that one time he finally comes home and his wife wants to spend time with him he still fucking works, so she is content of holding his hand, and HE ASKS IF HE CAN FUCKING SMOKE next to her despite her health).
While FwA does nothing but glorify the dream of the protagonists, including the absurd work conditions that apparently don't effect his marriage in any way whatsoever (not that there was any explanation for the girl marrying him in the first place. Actually everything was just handed to him, from the wife to the perfect job for his kind of autism that just lands on his lap).
>>
>>157224097
>not remembering the cutest couple
for shame
>>
>>157223785
Why not 10?
>>
>>
>>157226173
what a loser
>>
>>157227756
He's /our guy/
>>
It was better than I expected, but the second half had too many montages and the finale was lacking.

Nishioka was a top bro. Him telling off the professor about his mistress was the best scene.
>>
>>157222013
It was good.
But I feel like people would hate it just because it doesn't have the "everyone is happy and everything will be allright" denouement(Old man dying hit really hard, and the bro staying out of the project and having a heavy blow dealt to his carriere were also notable points) but it's also what I liked about this show; it's not a tragedy, but it has many sad moments, it's not a slice of life, but it has it's simple moments, it's not heavily ported on romance but it has nice love stories unfolding, and more than anything, it's a solid story.
>>
>>157222013
It was unmemorably okay.

It was pretty decent but leaves absolutely zero lasting impact.
>>
>>157222013
It was boring and unbelievable that everyone was so excited for a fucking dictionary. The girl who joined would've quit within a week, imagine being a hot young Stacy and being moved from writing fashion articles to dictionary making?

What do they have to be proud of anyway? They slaved over it for years and all they made was a totally unnecessary dictionary that no one will buy, has an overdramatic offputting name, wasn't fun to make and adds nothing of value to society. The company had every right to shut down the project and somehow we're meant to root for the main characters disrespecting their wishes and doing everything in their power to keep their useless dictionary alive. What an awful message to your audience!

I have more respect for NEETs than I do the characters in this show because at least NEETS aren't under the delusion they're doing something of value. All they did was everyone's time and money to feel good about themselves. Absolutely pathetic.
>>
>>157222013
>This thread
>People who liked it write a single sentence
>People who didn't like it write 3 paragraph about what bugged them
/a/ really is a tsundere.
>>
>>157222013
Yeah. Everyone claim that the live action is better but I prefer the anime version
>>
I might give it another shot. After the wife showed up out of no where I sort of lost interest since the main thing I liked about it was the realism or at least the celebration of the mundane.
A random love interest arriving out of no where doesn't quite fit with the theme of the slow grind needed to make a difference in the world.
>>
>>157222013
How do you describe north, anon?
>>
>>157231762
Anime had better voices.

>>157232177
Opposite of South.
>>
>>157226173
Is Majime /ourguy/?
>>
>>157232374
Then how do you define south?
>>
>>157233690
It's one direction in a magnetic field or coordinate system.
>>
The anime was a bit lackluster, it was like there was a first part and a ending without the middle part.
The movie was miles better and I understand why it won so much, but I still wouldn't call it masterpiece.
>>
>>157222049
Should have gone full homo.
>>
>>157228878
This, overated and pretentious.

Also the characters really sucked balls, starting with the main character and his "relationship" with his wife who has feeling for him after talking to him like twice.
>>
>>157222013
No, it was boring as fuck (despite the fact that I'm SOLfag)
>>
>>157228878
Its a bad record for your resume if you quit your job right away.
>>
>>157233690
The opposite of North, anon.
I'm smart, right?
>>
Started off interesting but after the time skip it really just became boring

The best parts of the show were watching Majime be an autistic retard around the girl he likes and watching Nishioka and Majime bro it up.

They're both relegated for some forced dictionary drama plotline that went no where and had pretty much 0 reason to occur since it changed absolutely nothing.

Wasted potential.
>>
>>157235609
Yes, but what's a Mobius Strip?
>>
>>157235700
Silly anon, It's the strip of a Mobius.
>>
>>157235737
And what's a Mobius, then?
>>
Best boy
>>
>>157222013
This shot for some reason is the only thing I remember from the show. Otherwise, a flat 'eh' is how I feel.
>>
>>157222013
No.
>>
>>157222013
Loved the movie. Didn't bother to watch the anime.
>>
>>157222013
really boring main character
useless insight into his starting relationship only to be omitted with a timeskip

if anything it felt like Nishioka was more of the MC of this show, constantly giving us updates on his character developement, state of his relationship and his motivation to help out dictionary team even though he moved to another department

oh i almost forgot to mention Nishioka was absolutely BASED
>>
>>157222013
Until the timeskip yes.
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.