[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I dropped LWA at episode 8 I think. It was about Sucy's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

File: little-witch-academia-5481-1.jpg (63KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
little-witch-academia-5481-1.jpg
63KB, 800x450px
I dropped LWA at episode 8 I think. It was about Sucy's dream. While I enjoyed the episode I somehow didn't care about the show as a whole anymore. It's hard to explain. Now that there are 19(?) episodes out, is it worth getting back into it?
>>
>>157217632
This isn't your gurren lagan/KLK story based show, it's an episodic cute girls doing cute things SoL show.
>>
Did you suddenly start caring again? Answering that question will ask your question.
>>
>>157217712
But it doesn't use all of its characters lotte and sucy barely get any attention its all about akko. also too busy trying to explain the plot with the 7 magic words and the theme about animation. The show is stupid.
>>
>>157217712
>it's an episodic cute girls doing cute things SoL show.
It's barely even that.
>>
>>157217712

>SoL

Not really. On top of situations between each episode that need to be resolved, there's clearly an overarching plot.
>>
>>157217915
It doesn't have to use every character every episode.
Take the best episodic anime in recent memory, Space Dandy: in a bunch of the best episodes (loli, munagi, limbo planet, musical, dating Scarlet, plants) QT and Meowth barely appear.
Worth noting that its supporting cast got one dedicated episode for character exactly like in LWA.
>>
File: vlcsnap-error375.png (1MB, 1280x738px) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-error375.png
1MB, 1280x738px
>>157217712
>This isn't your gurren lagan/KLK story based show
Since Croix's debut it is
>>
>>157219513
I know but there interactions are boring and stiff, it doesn't really feel like there friends. also lotte and sucy are boring.
>>
>>157217632
Don't. It's not worth sitting through it. The only reason I keep watching it is because it's currently airing, otherwise I would have dropped it halfway.
>>
>>157220164
>also lotte and sucy are boring.
they're not in concept
they just missed everything that made them interesting in the OVAs and Sucy became very one note. Lotte barely appears.

This is Akko's show, and while I like her, it's very lame we don't get the rest of the girls to do important stuff.
>>
Pick it up for Barbara's fat ass.
>>
>>157221350
the problem is that they both play the straight man I can see that type of trope from lotte but not sucy.
>>
>>157217632
It's the Akko and Diana show plus their hag equivalents Ursula and Croix, so if you were annoyed by the lack of focus on Lotte, Sucy and everyone else, don't bother.
>>
>>157221456
>and Croix
I still don't get why they introduce her so late in the series she just appears without any buildup feels like they made her because they found out the first part was too boring.
>>
>>157221350
Sucy was more boring in the OVAs. She literally did nothing other than killing a minotaur in the first and acting passive aggressive in the second.
Lotte seemed good in the second OVA simply because how awful Akko was written, making her coming off as a saint for putting up with her shit.
>>
>tfw still holding out hope that Lotte and Sucy get to be relevant at least once more before the end
>>
>>157221558
She was in one of the pictures of the winners of the broom race in the third episode, but I see what you mean.
>>
>>157221650
Duh, they're obviously be part of the Triskellion ritual as foreshadowed in the OP.
>>
>>157221709
Before the end man, not at the end.
>>
>>157217632
>dropping it after the best episode
>>
>>157222320
>continuing past best episode

It's like you want to be disappointed.
>>
>>157222442
How would anyone know what episode is the best one without watching the rest?
Point is, I have no idea how OP decided to drop it after ep8's greatness.

>It's like you want to be disappointed.
While the rest isn't as amazing (18 being the closest), I still think LWA overall is a very enjoyable watch and I've never really felt disappointed.
>>
>>157222442
Why would you not enjoy nice SoL?
>>
>>157217632
While I'm glad the show has a "goal" now for Akko, I honestly don't know how people weren't expecting this to be mostly episodic at first. The first ova was just them taking a test when shit goes wrong, and the other was about them putting together a parade. Despite this people were apparently expecting some Gurren Lagan shit in terms of plot.
>>
>>157225081
I was expecting fun adventures but I found them boring because of the characters lack of personalty.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.