[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just finished this. What do you think about 3.33?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: 1492568337290.jpg (4MB, 2884x4089px) Image search: [Google]
1492568337290.jpg
4MB, 2884x4089px
Just finished this.

What do you think about 3.33?
>>
>>157131227
It's my second favorite entry into the franchise after End of Evangelion. It has some of Anno's strongest directing and the greatest tracks of Sagisu's career.
>>
>>157131227

Dislikes:

Nobody explains anything to Shinji at the beginning of the movie. Misato treats him like villain despite her being the main person encouraging him to save Rei at the end of 2.22. This also encourages Shinji to depart with NERV which could have been prevented if other characters explained to Shinji what happened. I doubt they weren't expecting NERV to come after Shinji and Unit 01.

It seems like there was a shift in direction based on what was shown in the preview at the end of 2.22. The preview seemed more interesting and if there was a shift I think the changes it made to 3.33 don't mesh with what was shown in 2.22 so there's some inconsistency between the plots and Shinji's character development.

Shinji ignored Kaworu about the spear and Kaworu didn't stop Shinji from taking the spear by using the set of controls in front of him.

Shinji's character progressed a lot in 2.22 and in 3.33 it seems like most of that is lost due more to inconsistency between the 2 movies and other characters not explaining things to Shinji that should have been explained.

In summary, 2.22 was my favorite and I wish 3.33 was more like the last movie and tied in better with it, but other than all of that I liked most of the movie.
>>
>>157131227
It's an unfinished trainwreck that needed at least 30 minutes more run time to fully explain the divide between nu-NERV and SEELE/Gendou, why the fuck Misato doesn't care for Shinji anymore and delving more into Rei Q.
>>
I HATE homosexuals
>>
>>157131539
This, except third to NGE
>>
Get this anime shit out of /a/.
>>
I watched 3.33 without watching the other rebuilds
It was too gay desu
>>
>>157131227
It's the best rebuild.
>>
>>157134261
Why would you do this?
>>
>>157135617
I thought the rebuilds were just remakes
>>
It sucks
>>
i personally love it. i saw the first showing of it in america at nycc and i enjoyed it a lot. kaworu and shinji's relationship was really enjoyable to watch, it was a beautiful movie. i think there are some parts that are weaker than the original but it's definitely my favorite rebuild movie.
>>
>>157131227
It was fine. The hate for it is way overblown. The only really bad thing about it is the CGI.
>>
File: 1494564641512.png (620KB, 1444x1171px) Image search: [Google]
1494564641512.png
620KB, 1444x1171px
>>157131227
Saw it in theaters, it was pretty dope desu
>>
>>157132552
It's mostly Shinji's perspective with enough peripheral details outside his notice to contradict him. Like Misato, her dialogue with Asuka and the crew talking behind her back paint her as becoming well accustomed to sacrificing personnel. She can't do it to Shinji when he's the most dangerous thing in the world. She's harder in general, still gentler to Shinji, he only sees she's changed and takes it personally.

>>157131227
Barely a movie, all dressing for a nonexistent movie they skipped and a sequel that's never happening. The mecha design went to pud and they dressed Ritsuko like a bag lady.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.