[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can we agree that Gurren Lagann is overrated?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: overrated.jpg (347KB, 960x1440px) Image search: [Google]
overrated.jpg
347KB, 960x1440px
I just binged the show because I have no life like the rest of you. And holy fuck was that a let down. The plot was alright for the first 8 episodes then they spoilers kills Kamina for no reason the plot didt need it. It becomes kinda good when the mc gets his balls back, then we have the second part trash all around but the little development there was, was alright. Then we have the ending just trash plain trash. And oh dont get me started on the ships.
>>
Shameless bump. Because I want to argue.
>>
ROW ROW FIGHT THE POWAH
>>
>>157040579
The sound track was awful aswell. Just the same repeats over and over and over again.
>>
File: 1268377953766.png (145KB, 337x258px) Image search: [Google]
1268377953766.png
145KB, 337x258px
>>157040610
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FRiNCdqpwzc
>>
Fuck off back to whatever shithole you climbed out of and learn how to not type like a retard before you think about posting here again
>>
>>157040866
If this was satire it would actually sum up the soundtrack
>>
>>157040462
>kills Kamina for no reason
>no reason
The "Death of the mentor" is pretty important step in "The hero's journey" anon.
>>
>>157041794
I ge tthe point it was trying to make but the plot up to that point was trying to make the point that the goal of the mc was to surpass kamina not use him as a stepping stone. His entire death felt forced and they took a nice direction the plot was going in and just trew it off the rails
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9vYbu9XMXvE
>>
>>157040462
Overrated is a vapid complaint. Just because it didn't appeal to you personally doesn't discredit the enjoyment others have gotten from it.
Personally I thought it was okay. I can see where people would love it, but Simon's weak characterization and sudden mood shift after the timeskip put a damper on my fun.

>>157042003
>>157040579
This is the best song on the OST
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kyRK2GI_T7I
>>
>>157040462
>Can we agree that Gurren Lagann is overrated?
yes it is, specially the second part.
>>
>>157042428
just because you liked it doesnt mean that it is not overrated. Over rated garbage will always be garbage.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.