[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pre-2000s Anime Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 7

What older shows have you been watching now that the Nyaapocalypse is over?

I just finished pic related. It wasn't nearly as engaging as the first movie, but the plot was still good and the animation was fantastic.
Other anons in similar threads recommended Master Keaton, so I might watch that next.
>>
Just saw angel's egg, 2deep4me
>>
Making my way through Cat's Eye. I'm on episode 25, it seems a bit repetitive since it's an episodic comedy that relies on the entire police department being incompetent. Asatani comes close to having good ideas, but everyone else might as well be scarecrows.
>>
Thinking about redownloading Goldran and finishing it since I lost it when I got a new computer.
Though I'm in a huge Tokusatsu phase right now. I haven't watched anything on my backlog in half a year that wasn't a movie.
>>
>>157038436
I'm watching the Lodoss TV series. Just finished Parn's story arc. Eight episodes in and no dark elf titty-monster...
>>
>>157042782
Is the TV show a retelling of the OVA, or is it an original story?
>>
>>157042999
OVA sequel.

Nice trips btw
>>
>>157042999
It kinda retcons everything after the duel between kings Fahn and Beld.
>>
File: animation.gif (903KB, 500x281px)
animation.gif
903KB, 500x281px
How about pre-1990s?

I'll just leave this here.
>>
>>157044267
I have no idea what Angel's Egg was supposed to be about, but the visuals and music are incredibly powerful.

The fossilized angel scene still gives me goosebumps.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0CbIIvkcb28
>>
I recently finished the dog of flanders.
It was pretty great.
>>
Do you guys take screenshots while you're watching shows or go back after you've seen it and screenshot it?
>>
>>157047213
who /natsukicrisis/ here?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yaMzEx_tyDs

also give me ONE reason why the tetsuwan birdy OVAs arent miles better than decode
>>
>>157047444
I thought the event killing the main kid was done better in decode.
>>
>>157044512
Post apocolyptic-ish world where noah's ark never lands. You can see the end they're living on top of the boat flipped upside down
The most solid theory is that it's the director projecting his loss of faith onto the whole thing.
>>
>>157047444
>who /natsukicrisis/ here?
Me.
Also, I'm convinced that some of the Natsuki Crisis BGM riffs were lifted wholesale from western rock songs. Still a really fun OVA, shame they never got more than two episodes.
>>
File: 80s bd shock.jpg (274KB, 1440x1080px)
80s bd shock.jpg
274KB, 1440x1080px
I have been watching any show with a good BD release.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.