[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Deathnote Netflix orignal

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 6

File: Deathnote.png (621KB, 1721x385px)
Deathnote.png
621KB, 1721x385px
Odds of this being good?
>>
File: ringo_death_note.jpg (81KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
ringo_death_note.jpg
81KB, 1280x720px
Odds of it being good? 13%
Odds of /a/ liking it? -9001%
>>
He has the Spiderman 3 Peter Parker look going on there
>>
>>156919695
Good? Not very high. Watchable? Extremely likely.
>>
Avatar, Dragonball evolution, Ghost in the shell. etc haunts this show.

They will not be able to escape it entirely.
>>
>>156919695
Judging by that overdone makeup, not very good at all.
>>
It's probably gonna be shit
>>
>>156919695
It's from the director of "You're Next" that alone is enough to get me to watch a live action version of Edgenote
>>
Oh and did i mention that Death Note is shit and if you like it you're 16 year old edge faggot? It's only uphill with the live action version
>>
I don't think there's ever been a single Western anime adaptation worth anything.
>>
>>156920660
he's actually pretty good as an actor. have no idea how the hell they'll adapt him as L, but I know it'll be fun.

I'm most looking forward to green goblin ryuk. as long as he's more than just a 5 minute cameo there will be something worthwhile to watch
>>
>>156920814
There has to be ONE, right?
What about the Astro Boy movie? And I heard /a/ liked the Speed Racer movie.
>>
>>156920814
Edge of Tomorrow?
>>
>>156920814
>>156920970
Edge of Tomorrow is nice as long as you can distance yourself from the source material enough and look at it in a vacuum, otherwise you'll get disappointed that it isn't 'just' an All you need is kill adaptation.
>>
>>156919695
>L is black
>Odds of this being good

this is gonna suck
>>
0%
I have a higher chance of winning the lottery than this garbage being any good
>>
>>156919695
that is a good summary of Death Note. I hope they make something creative with the setting instead of completely reenacting the manga like a play.
>>
Considering Netflix's recent track record, not very good.
>>
>niggerwashing

it never had a chance
>>
>>156919695
lol @ all the "WOKE AF BAE MY NIGGA" twitter users who were crying about the actors.
>>
>>156921722
plz delete that post mods
>>
It's Netflix so maybe we give it the benefit of the doubt?

I dunno. Death Note always seemed normie attractable anyway so I don't think they'd have to change much.
>>
File: 1485749406672.png (306KB, 593x540px) Image search: [Google]
1485749406672.png
306KB, 593x540px
/a/ won't like it because they have to pay to see it.
>>
>>156919695
>Palest character is black
Never stood a chance
>>
>>156921761
>I dunno. Death Note always seemed normie attractable anyway so I don't think they'd have to change much.

Didn't you hear? MUH WHITEWASHING STAY WOKE NIGGA/virtue signalling self hating white feminist already canned this movie because of the protagonist being white which is fucking hilarious because they didn't complain at all about L being black
>>
>>156921761
Nevermind the director is a hack and the writers are all fucking morons.
Director made the v/h/s horror movies. Writers all worked on fantastic 4 and that immortals movie that came out. This project is fucking lost.
>>
>>156919695
>netflix original
you tell me
>>
Discussion of this movie always turns into /pol/shit.
Why can't you just make the threads over at >>>/pol/ then?
>>
>>156921886
Actually, Netflix is higher on "no holds barred production" rank over HBO.
>>
>>156921941
In what way has this become /pol/? So ANYTHING with race or feminists is /pol/?
>>
Immediately butthurt because Light is supposed to be conventionally attractive or at the very least not giving off school shooter vibes from the start.
>>
>>156922311
I dunno if this anon is being ironic, but I unironically agree with what he wrote. Light is supposed to be "perfect". Hot, athletic and smart. It kinda explains how he is so damn vain. In this version, he looks like ass though. I wonder if they will make him an outcast/dropout as well.
>>
>>156919695
>Odds of this being good?

1 in a 100.

The odds are better than any mouthbreathing weeb will love it? probably 60/40
>>
>>156919695
Good - highly unlikely
An absolutely atrocious attempt at creating a grim, yet somewhat grounded in reality setting - 20%
Goofy, gimmicky and ironically hilarious - I'd say 50%.
>>
>>156919695

That guy is getting paid in meth, isn't he?
>>
>>156921710
ASOUE was pretty good and they added very few artistic liberties to it
>>
>>156922468
>mouthbreathing weeb will love it? probably 60/40
im not sure man, they're pretty anti whitewashing, or blackwashing for this
>>
People will hate it because it's one movie and thus can't actually follow the story properly. Instead, it'll just be based on the original's premise.
>>
>>156922893
Do you think the majority of weebs who use netflix for anime series will know or care?

Hell no, they will just go "OH MAN DEATH NOTE THAT'S SUCH A COOL SHOW CAN'T WAIT TO SEE IT IN 3D XDDDD"
>>
>>156922930
This desu. Ironic weebs aren't some /a/ meme it's real. All those
>xd I'm such a nerd
people now have waifus and post
>get in the robot shinji
on social media
>>
>>156923076
>want to drink with a friend I haven't seen in a while
>want to put on ttgl
>"Oh yeah let's just watch it on netflix"
>Episodes are butchered beyond believe to where some things don't even happen
>>
>>156923123
You know they have condensed movie versions of the show right, It's not a Netflix thing
>>
>>156923194
The series is on netflix, it wasn't the movie
>>
File: dn.png (29KB, 563x208px) Image search: [Google]
dn.png
29KB, 563x208px
Not high
it can't be worse than dragonball evolution though
>>
>>156919695
>Netflix original
0 chances.
>>
>>156921827
Honestly though from what I've seen, people are less upset about Light being white and more upset over this >>156922417. SJWs yelling about the whitewashing would also be perfectly fine with a Zac Efron Light since they've been a memeing it for years.

There's also the issue of the casting agents purposely rejecting Asian actors and giving the stupid excuse that the said actors couldn't speak English without an accent.
>>
>>156921827
People that crazy are actually a miniscule minority, even if some retarded content creators try to pander to them.
>>
I know Hollywood is getting desperate for movie material, but when will they realize that actual anime fans don't really give a shit on what they have to offer?
>>
File: 1490228876371.jpg (18KB, 325x340px) Image search: [Google]
1490228876371.jpg
18KB, 325x340px
Can you imagine a police officer's kid that looks like this?
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.