[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why don't subs keep the Eastern Name Order? Why must

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

Why don't subs keep the Eastern Name Order?
Why must they switch it?
>>
To make sure you are still paying attention.
>>
>>156828623
It's fucking irritating.
>>
File: 200_s.gif (23KB, 288x200px) Image search: [Google]
200_s.gif
23KB, 288x200px
>>156828536
Because name order is dependent on the language. Keeping it the same would make no sense gramatically. It would be implying that a characters surname is their given name, which makes no sense since the names are only flipped.
>>
>>156829078
I already use the eastern name order every day.
You must me stupid if you can't convert the real one in your head.
>>
>>156829078
>Keeping it the same would make no sense gramatically.
You argument makes no logical sense. Name order has nothing to do with grammar you illiterate, dumb fuck.
>>
Do nips keep the name order when they translate western stuff to Japanese?
>>
>>156829078
This is not true. It's dependant on the culture of a society.
>>
Underwater did it, if you're so instant on that style. Plus they have amazing typesetting.
>>
>>156828536
Because eastern cultures vslalue families and bloodlines, so they put surname first
Whereas the west values individuality so that comes first
>>
File: BpetxyZIEAAfDXR.png:large.png (411KB, 1024x711px) Image search: [Google]
BpetxyZIEAAfDXR.png:large.png
411KB, 1024x711px
>>156829292
I'm instant on it because Its closer to me.
>>
>>156829409
>I'm instant on it because Its closer to me.
Then why do you watch anime in English instead of whatever your native language is?
>>
>>156829231
No, they don't.
>>
>>156829372
But it's an Eastern story, so the values of the author should carry over, otherwise you risk breaking the narrative.
>>
>>156828536
Isn't that happening more or less arbitrarily?
Some translators prefer the Western name order, others prefer the original name order.

The only thing I wonder about is how many people think "Misaka" is Mikoto's first name.
>>
>>156828536
Just learn the fucking language instead of complaining about the purity of your translations
>>
>>156829409
>Sweden and Finland in the same territorial unit
finngolia strong
>>
>>156829231
yon sumizu
>>
>>156829078
But we don't change Chinese names, Korean names, or even Vietnamese name order.

>Xi Jinping
>Kim Il Sung
>Hu Jintao
>Yi Sun-sin
>Mao Zedong
>Ho Chi Minh
>Ban Ki-Moon
>Zhuge Liang

Hell, we don't even switch historical Japanese names like Oda Nobunaga or Tokugawa Ieyasu.
>>
>>156829231
Usually western name order is used for Western names. Unless it needs to conform to the Eastern order for a standard document.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.