[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Smokey

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

File: Smokey_Brown_Anime.png (85KB, 233x237px) Image search: [Google]
Smokey_Brown_Anime.png
85KB, 233x237px
Why did the anime mostly take away the aspect of racism from his character? It's a big part of his mini arc.

He's a black kid living in the 20s
>>
Japanese audiences don't care about American pre-civil rights racism.
Araki only cares because he's a Westaboo.
>>
>>156820373
Because rightfully no one gives a shit
>>
Yeah no one cares, it would have been distracting
>>
>>156820373
Calling him brown was already pretty racist. I mean, was it really necessary?
>>
>>156821007
>Calling him brown was already pretty racist
How so?
>>
>>156820373
They already had that guy complaining about an animal stinking up the restaurant, and you don't really see much of Smokey after that.
>>
>>156821007
Brown is a fairly common last name.
>>
>>156820373
Why does he have straight hair?
>>
>>156821479
Why don't you?
>>
A lot of stuff got cut from the first two parts.
>>
>>156821007
That's not racist, dude.
>>
>>156820373
They cut out most of the mobster's racist ranting but still left enough in to get the scene across just fine.
>>
>>156821479
Dreadlocks weren't invented yet.
>>
>>156821007
Yeah and his lips are too big. That's pretty racist as well.
>>
isn't a black guy one of the main characters in one of the jojos?

there's even a fucking monkey with a stand
>>
>>156820373
Why does he have straight hair? Did he just conk it like Cab Calloway?
>>
>>156826005
Advol? He's a black Egyptian (yes they do exist, although they're a minority) of possible Nubian descent. Weird bantu knots.
>>
>>156820373
>Why did the anime mostly take away the aspect of racism from his character?
The cop that shakes him down calls him black in the BD version. This is a change from the broadcast edition that was not corrected in the official subs. Joseph also calls the cop a yankee instead of a pig (as in fat, not a cop). Episode 10 is the only one that had changes like these.
>>
>>156821007
Making him black was pretty racist as well, I mean, being black is offensive in and on itself, right?
>>
>>156826732
>Being black is racist
The circle is complete.
>>
>>156826732
Blacks are pretty offensive.
I'd be offended if I was black too.
>>
>>156820373
I found it amusing how the Stardust Crusaders anime added a scene showing he had also become Mayor of New York. It's extremely rare for someone to be mayor of 2 different places in their lifetime.
>>
File: 1492997097625.jpg (105KB, 580x1012px) Image search: [Google]
1492997097625.jpg
105KB, 580x1012px
>>156820373
>show is pressed for time adapting both parts
>HEY LETS HIRE ANON AS THE DIRECTOR
>hurrrr racism
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.