[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

To the /a/nons not in a private tracker, how are you acquiring

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 5

File: Screenshot 2017-05-05 10.29.44.png (49KB, 772x428px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot 2017-05-05 10.29.44.png
49KB, 772x428px
To the /a/nons not in a private tracker, how are you acquiring older/less-popular shows?
>>
Why would I watch shitty old shows? There's a reason they're old.
>>
>>156816570
>There's a reason they're old.
Yeah. Because it's been a long time since they were released.
>>
I start up one of my external drives and copy it over to my computer.
>>
>>156816570
Are you baka?
Why do you need to download, when you can stream?
>>
>>156818252
I don't like streaming since I really dislike the artifacting that is present. And since I have animebytes and BBT anyway, there's no reason for me to stream.
>>
File: 1491289177294.jpg (49KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1491289177294.jpg
49KB, 400x400px
>>156816570
Kissanime has a pretty decent selection
>>
File: Untitled.png (13KB, 591x240px)
Untitled.png
13KB, 591x240px
>>156816570
Still using the ghost of nyaa
I have probably ~2 months of material to hold out until a solid, permanent replacement comes along
>>
>>156818310
do you detest the fact that you're now forced to stream?
>>
>>156816570
Stream sites have all the older series you need or could possibly want.
>>
>>156818460
Trouble is many streaming sites host bad reencodes or sometimes even bad subtitles for most of their older shows. I'm sure many anons who are averse to streaming use alternative download sites.
>>
>>156818460
Jokes aside, I did mainly stream for a while, before downloading everything i watched.
It was still just a last resort if i had trouble finding a show, but i'm kinda worried i'll need to rely on stream sites for older/obscure ones.
Seasonal/recent shows shouldn't be a problem though.

Gonna look into some new download methods anyway. Maybe a nyaa replacement site will eventually work out too.
>>
XDCC
>>
>>156816570
Why would I work on my backlog when I have other shit to do?
>>
>>156816570
You should have watched all good old show by now.
>>
>>156818811
>XD

Fuck off
>>
I've been using vnsharing and XDCC; the former has a surprisingly good selection with non-shitty encodes (and BDs when available) and the latter has whatever else I need. In addition, I've been using >>>/m/ for mecha shit, since they've been making a concerted effort to recover and compile /m/ content. Finally, I still have my BakaBT account.

Anyone who unironically thinks streaming is absolutely necessary is not looking hard enough.
>>
>>156816570
I'm not retarded, unlike you.
>>
>>156819038
It helps to be prepared, glad I got in AB while it was an open tracker.
>>
>>156819089
Thank you for proving my point.
>>
I don't even watch that much old anime and my backlog is big enough for me to not give a shit for about three years.
>>
>>156816570
I watched them all when they were new.
>>
>>156819016
>absolutely necessary
>absolutely
I'm convinced that the only people who think streaming is necessary now are faggots who only barely started downloading and never bothered to look for any sources outside of nyaa.
Don't support them by implying that downloading is difficult. It isn't. It is sometimes insultingly easy to find a good source, after some newfag exclaimed that there was nothing available at all.
>>
>>156816570
>To the /a/nons not in a private tracker, how are you acquiring older/less-popular shows?
By having them stored on my HDD and/or watched them in the past.
>>
>>156816570
I'm learning xdcc
Idk what channels to use besides haruhichan and horriblesubs though
>>
>>156816570
TT isnt that bad
>>
>>156816665
>There's a reason they're old
Being old has nothing to do with its quality, don't be an idiot.
>>
>>156816570
I watched them all, I rewatch them anytime when I need to. I have eidetic memory.
>>
>>156816570
Fansub tracking in anidb and database/google searching.

What were you looking for?
>>
I'm on KM so it doesn't matter.
>>
File: 1492803804583.png (234KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1492803804583.png
234KB, 480x480px
>>156816665
>>
>>156818315
>until a solid, permanent replacement comes along
The replacement will mainly be used for ongoings and also for newer and extremely popular series.
The rest of the lost nyaa content will take years to rebuild, and some less popular things from before 2010s are gonna be lost forever.
It's even worse for the sukebei content, since it would be much harder to rebuild.
I can understand the nyaa owner being afraid of getting sued and wanting to bail out of the project, but by suddenly wiping the DBs instead of giving them over to someone willing to continue supporting the tracker he did a lot of damage to the English-speaking community.
>>156819016
> Finally, I still have my BakaBT account.
What are you gonna do about older shows that were licensed in the West that were removed from bakabt?
>>
>>156823164
>What are you gonna do about older shows that were licensed in the West that were removed from bakabt?
Either buy them or find them on good ol' google, no? If shit's boxed, it won't be rare.
>>
>>156823164
>What are you gonna do about older shows that were licensed in the West that were removed from bakabt?
I mentioned other download sources, and there are more download sources yet still where I can get whatever I need. Looking at the "do not upload" list there was nothing I couldn't get (or hadn't already gotten) from other places.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.