[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Gundam OVAs

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: 52345345345.jpg (94KB, 658x437px) Image search: [Google]
52345345345.jpg
94KB, 658x437px
What is the best Gundam OVA? Which ones are worth watching/should I avoid?
>>
War in the Pocket is the obvious good one. Heard it's getting a BD release, too.
>>
>>156765992
The Seed Destiny OVAs are somewhat better than the TV series.
>>
File: 14828246826528.jpg (127KB, 540x783px) Image search: [Google]
14828246826528.jpg
127KB, 540x783px
>>156765992
stargazer is one of my favourite anime of all time
>>
>>156765992
>What is the best Gundam OVA
0083 Stardust Memory: At least to me it's the perfect blend of characters, fights, animation, gundam designs and plot only bad thing about it is Nina getting away with murder

>Which ones are worth watching?
0080 War in the Pocket: All about the characters.

8th MS team: A story about grunts in the war instead of high school kids falling into prototype superweapons.

Full series: Turn A Gundam, G Gundam, Victory Gundam, Original UC trilogy of Mobile Suit Gundam, Zeta Gundam, ZZ Gundam.

>What is ok stuff to watch?
00 Gundam: interesting for the first half, becomes Gundam Wing for the second half.

Gundam Wing: Normie entry level Gundam.

Gundam Build fighters: Let's pretend people fight with their Gundam models like it's Pokemon.

>Which ones should I avoid?
Anything Gundam Seed related. Stars promising then it throws everything into the garbage with extra teenage drama (even for a gundam series), retarded characters, how it apes 70% of it's plot from the original MS Gundam and most of the mobile suits aside from Freedom and Justice are completely forgettable.

G-Savior: Every Gundam fan wishes this was never made.

Gundam AGE: This should've been cool, A Gundam story spanning 3 generations of people across something like 50 years. instead it was just bad.

MS IGLOO: Not really bad, but you need A LOT of knowledge from the original UC trilogy for it to be enjoyable
>>
Thunderbolt is technically an ONA but its great so who cares.
>>
>>156768714
Stargazer was alright but needed more time.
>>
>>156765992
focus on characters is great
the action when it comes is great and fantastically animated
it has the best mobile suit designs in the franchise: hygogg, kampfer, alex, gm sniper ii, mp guncannon
it's a well contained side story that doesn't overstay its welcome in length
>>
DO I need to have watched Zeta to watch 0080 and 0083? Watched 0079
>>
File: 1481253286571.jpg (13KB, 360x240px) Image search: [Google]
1481253286571.jpg
13KB, 360x240px
>>156766126
fpbp

War in the Pocket really is hard to beat, but I admit I'm loving most of the new stuff like Origin, Unicorn and Thunderbolt. I also liked 0083. Sure the plot wasn't that great and Nina was a bitch, but it really felt like an 80s action movie and the designs were cool

>mfw the GM Custom
>>
>>156769743
No.
>>
>>156769743
Both 0080 and 0083, especially 0083, are prequels to Zeta.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.