[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

whats the point of these two aside from the funny faces?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

whats the point of these two aside from the funny faces?
>>
>>156687135
none, and they don't need to funny face are enough.
>>
I feel your same contentions. Has Isidoro even had an arc yet? I'm pretty sure all of Guts' party had some pretty major development aside from him. He's only gotten better at swordfighting, that's about it.
>>
>>156687135

Probably to balance out the Grimdark setting and keep the series open to tonal shifts. They also serve as plot advancers/narrative devices-- since Guts is not particularly expressive their animation, intensity, and extroversion allow us to get more information from new characters without it feeling forced.
>>
>>156687135
Nothing. Puck was cool until he permanently turned into "comedic relief creature mode".
>>
>>156687135
Wrong people will tell you that they make Guts relatable

Correct people will tell you that they just fulfill a dumb Japanese humor archetype that doesn't need to be there
>>
>>156688407
I miss the old puck
>>
Isodoro never does shit. I hope he gets better later on.
>>
>>156688487
Puck should have never been a character to begin with, he serves no purpose but to make the Black Swordsman Arc hard to read in public.
>>
>>156688556
How so? He's far less distressing than all the other shit in the arc
before chestnut boi he was a somewhat interesting character, but now I don't know. The berserk characters have all become a lot less serious, and pucks change in drawing from detailed to chibi is a bright light drawing the eyes for people who think this, maybe
>>
>>156688808
>somewhat interesting character
But all he ever did was tell Guts that he was too mean and that he needs to be nicer
Chestnut is rarely forced in your face at least.
>>
Christ, the latest episode was so boring I almost fell asleep. This doesn't look good after a great first season.
>>
>>156689231
Puck was naive to the world he inhabited and wanting to explore the world, clinging to guts as the reader does, wondering what will happen and trying to piece out what mysteries surround guts. He has the same questions and ambitions as you, reacts as the reader entering gut's world would, and so could be projected onto. This is not because he is a presumed blank nothing of a character, but because he has not lost his humanity in a cruel world. At least that is my take, and I think he is very cleverly used then, so I am sad to see that traded for cheek and japanese pop references
>>
95% of the Guts Crew has't done shit in the last 100 chapters so it really doesn't matter honestly
>>
File: 1492473782036.jpg (48KB, 488x668px) Image search: [Google]
1492473782036.jpg
48KB, 488x668px
>>156689446
>good after a great first season
>>
>>156689884
I guess if that's how you read it it's your own interpretation of him, but I tend to project onto protagonists so Puck never did much for me.
>>
Puck serves as the innocent contrast to Guts' grim nature. Isidro serves as the little guy to Guts' big guy, doing things he can't do. He's proved himself as a viable team member with his dualwielding and quick-thinking.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.