[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Naruto

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_0403.jpg (125KB, 1100x1000px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0403.jpg
125KB, 1100x1000px
So what do you think made this such a successful series?
>>
Hunter x Hunter
>>
Children in Japan and children + clueless weebs in the West.
>>
File: 1000_years_of_death.png (145KB, 339x256px) Image search: [Google]
1000_years_of_death.png
145KB, 339x256px
>>156576750
It being genuinely fun to watch unlike the contrarian shit you faggots circlejerk over
>>
>>156576750
Started out with a great concept, then spiraled out of control when the Anime came out with filler waiting on the manga.
>>
character development that lasts more than one episode
>>
Its funny that people who call Naruto shit also claim that any SoL or harem is worth watching
>>
>Hear people saying the name "Boruto"
>Think they're just making fun of Naruto's name and think it's kind of funny
>It's actually the name of Naruto's kid
>Naruto actually named his kid Boruto

Holy shit
>>
>>156576750
Fuck off narutards
>>
>Out of nowhere start thinking about the puppet guy from naruto earlier
>Think about how cool the puppet scenes were
>Spend like an hour watching stupid naruto puppet fights

How ashamed should I be?
>>
For me the 1st episode hooked me in and then it peaked by the Zabuza arc.
>>
loser kid wants to achieve great goals. It's the perfect "You can do it!" kind of anime.
>>
>>156577836
Those fights were pretty interesting. Naruto actually did have some decent fight scenes even if the series was plagued with filler and too many flashback sequences.
>>
>>156576750

Great Concept. Great potential. Interesting Characters (except the main ones).

Turned to complete shit after part 1.

It was just a gateway series for the west, that ended up being the worst of it's kind.
>>
>>156576750
Fuck off you cancerous Narutard spammer
>>
File: blue trunks.jpg (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
blue trunks.jpg
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>156576750
The lack/void of Dragon Ball after it ended.
>>
>>156576750
The first season was great, so some people continue to watch it, even if it became shitty.
>>
>>156576750
Underage fanbase
>>
>>156578805
This, also when it came out it felt refreshing.
>>
>>156582110
Fuck off Narutard
>>
>>156576750
great animation when it was necessary (e.g. Naruto vs Sasuke)
>>
>>156576750

I think the Hero - Chick - Edgelord formula is always successful.

That being said, I really enjoyed the fights, the strategies were really amusing. Until kaiju fights and super saiyan forms became the rule.
>>
>>156576750
Started off legitimately fun. Good, diverse powers. Fun fights, also ninjas are a +1 in every kids book.
By the time it devolved into power-up and nuclear-no-jutsu spams most people had invested too much time to back out.
I still think Madara was hype as fuck though
>>
>>156582110
>>156582245
It did anon, for like 2 years and then people watched it for pure meme.
>>
cuz ninjas was fucking badass, watching zabuza and haku was fucking awesome. Then it went to spacetime aliens fucks and shit was done.
>>
>>156576750
I'm going to go with mostly timing on this one. Sure they managed to start with compelling motivation for the protag but i think the biggest factor in its success is that it came out at the right time.

It squeeked into the global markets at a time when anime was getting noticed.

It had an interresting first act that made the target audience feel special and by the time that act was over the audiance was hooked.

The protag grew up with the market so that the fans never really felt lime they and the protag were too different, allowing them to self-insert into the power fantasy of being the underdog demigod.

> 2017
> Not angry, autistic and contrarian meme spamming

Be the cure to cancer, my bromides.
>>
>>156577356
this
>>
>>156576750

Strong main character in a shounen series with good action. Displayed underdog traits with a very goal oriented mindset. Had ambitions and dreams to do what he wanted to do. Eventually succeeded in his goals.

Plot actually laid the groundwork for him to be successful.

There are very few anime that do this well these days.
>>
Dumb food loving MC
Angsty anti hero
Useless girl
Evil but cool bad guys with uniforms
Power ups all day
Theme fights
Tweests
Cliffhangers
Asspulls

Literally everything all good shounen have, simultaneously. The anime and timeskip killed it imo
>>
>>156576750
>>156577356
>>156585292
Fuck off Narutard
>>
>>156576750
tasteless normies or children who grew up with it
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.