[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is 95% of all anime cgi so horrible? I know that a lot of

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: ping pong cgi.jpg (103KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
ping pong cgi.jpg
103KB, 1280x720px
Why is 95% of all anime cgi so horrible? I know that a lot of it is outsourced to like China or Korea but surely they can't be THAT bad.

Alice to Zouroku has some of the worst anime cgi I have ever seen
>>
Because importing 3d models to a 2d plane and having it look good is hard.

Also every time it's implemented the viewer notices there isn't the aesthetic cohesion, consciously or sub-consciously, and much like being surrounded by people you don't know well you notice everything that sets it apart from the norm.

it's not that it looks shit but 8/10 CGI is always 3/10 if they try and merge it with traditional animation.
>>
Because when it's done right you don't notice it.
>>
cg can look good but most of the time it's used as a cost saving measure as it's much cheaper to get something remotely passable using cg
>>
>>156566445
the tools were made to make disney movies. The program Live2d looks sometimes nice
>>
You're just watching one of the worst offenders in recent memory. I'm watching SeHa Girls right now and it legitimately looks better than the majority of anime CGI I've seen despite being made in MMD.
>>
File: robot_reads_newspaper.jpg (44KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
robot_reads_newspaper.jpg
44KB, 640x480px
>>156566868
This
In mech series it's probably an improvement.
>>
Because money.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YdTZ0Sj2I_A
>>
>>156566445
Because it takes a lot of time and money to make it look half way decent.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZi0neoZJfM
>>
>>156567788
Mechas are essentially just humans who are cgi friendly. No need for advanced tech to make them look like a human that doenst fall into the uncanny valley.
>>
Polygon started off rough, but i think they've gotten better over the last few years. Maybe Blame with be approaching competent.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.