[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Re:Zero

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 1

File: maxresdefault (2).jpg (135KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (2).jpg
135KB, 1920x1080px
I've just finished ep 13. Is his character a dialogue on how "white knights" are actually selfish, immature spergs? I never thought I'd hate a charcter more than Shinji but, this kid takes the cake.
>>
>>156565473
>ep 13
You are in for some crazy ride.
>>
I don't hate characters who have actual flaws like y'all do so idk
>>
Get ready for the worst episodes until 18 ish
>>
>>156566112
Its ok for a charater to have flaws but he's more than just flawed, he's a piece of shit.
>>
>>156565473
I hate how they spend 4 episodes to make him develop his fucking character but it edned up with nothing.
>>
>>156566278
>implying the latter episodes are not utter garbage
>>
>hates shinji
>hates subaru

literally characters who carried their shows
>>
>>156565473
at least Shinji was well written, Subaru is just shit
>>
>>156566283

He is flawed,
and the circumstances exasperate this flaw.
Showing us a side to him we revile perhaps so much, because we are scared to admit that this is the logical end to his flaw, that we may or may not share?
>>
>>156565473
That's exactly the point. He's a shitty character, but he's not shitty-ly written.
The fact that the author managed to make you hate him is success in itself.
>>
>>156571684
this, a good character doesn't make you feel good about them, a well written character will make you feel a big array of emotions.
>>
>>156571684
I hate that he was blessed with a big, muscular dad knowledgeable about fitness but still ended up being a scrawny, weak little faggot.
>>
>>156571820
he is not weak, he is just mind fucked for dying several times
>>
>>156565473
>Is his character a dialogue on how "white knights" are actually selfish, immature spergs?
Pretty much.
>I never thought I'd hate a charcter more than Shinji but, this kid takes the cake.
That's dumb though.
>>
>>156571898
He is weak. He is physically weak. His stature is unimpressive, his musculature is nonexistent, and his frame is such that I suspect he was actually adopted.
>>
>>156571625
Perfectly said.
>>
>>156571820
in the LN it said he could bench 180 lbs
>>
>>156571898
Even emotionally speaking he's weak as fuck.
>>
>>156572113
That's pretty weak if we don't know the sets/reps scheme he's using.
>>
>>156572149
>has the strenght to kill himself instead of running away in arc 2.

Emotionally speaking all things considered he's at least average or above average.
>>
>>156566278
15 is the best part of the show though.
>>
>>156565473

White knights are only really a problem is they can't back it up. Like, no-one calls out Kirito for being a white knight, because he will wreck you. His power validates his morality.

Subaru talked shit, got hit.
>>
>>156573088
No, it's because they don't get the pussy.
>>
Episode 13- wait no, episodes 12 and 13 were a breath of fresh air. I usually skip embarrassing shit in anime but seeing how it was going to end, I watched it all thinking "holy shit, shut the fuck up, shutthefuckup, shut the FUCK up" and then he got his ass handed to himself beautifully and that was amazing.

I don't know if you remember me from the threads, but I was the guy who was "spamming" that alpha Julius shot with "DID NOTHING WRONG" right after episode 13.
>>
>>156573448

The funny part is, usually the protagonist pulls some power out of his ass and defeats the mean noble who is bullying him.

But here, Julius beats his punk ass. Why? Because Julius is an anointed knight who has spent his entire life training how to kill people with swords, and Subaru is your average Japanese dude. Even his 'sand in the eyes' tactic makes Julius basically go "Dude, better men than you have tried" and slap his shit all the harder.

It was glorious.
>>
The worst thing about him is his OTAKU REFERENCE shit

And the fact that he doesn't give a single shit he was teleported randomly to another world, he doesn't even try and figure out how or why it happened

It plays off like a comedy series in that first episode where he's walking around being like LOL JUST LIKE MY VIDEO GAMES but then shit gets real, he dies a few times

At that point I was hoping he'd stop acting like a comedy relief character since the show seemed to have changed tone, but nope, he constantly keeps up his annoying antics forever

Also fuck the dialogue is so fucking awful, are all light novels like this? It's excruciatingly awful. Constant narration of narration of narration and characters over explaining every last bit of autistic detail which no one in real life would ever do. Entire episodes of single dialogue scenes where each character is constantly monologuing and explaining explanations of explanations

fuck, I hate light novels
>>
>>156573448
Hello, I'm Anon
You may remember me from such spams as "Julius did nothing wrong" in the Re-Zero episodes 12 & 13 threads
>>
>bad shit just keeps happening
>nothing going your way
>maintain emotional stability for 13 episodes
>finally explode

he did good to last so long
>>
>>156575563
Pretty much.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.