[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>This anime is shit >READ THE MANGA/LN/VN

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5

>This anime is shit
>READ THE MANGA/LN/VN
>>
Sounds like a reasonable response
>>
>>156553319
I watched a movie where they completely changed the time, place, and method of a major character's death once.
>>
>>156553319
And while it's true that the source is usually better, if you thought the adaption is shit you'll still probably won't like the source that much.
>>
>>156553319

Manga is fine

LN/VN/WN is fucking unacceptable
>>
>>156553319

Nobody is forcing you retard.

>>156553555

wasted trips DESU
>>
>>156553531

Incorrect
>>
>>156553555
Trip of truth
>>
>>156553319
>this adaptation is so shit
>they only read a summary or some ESL translation
Get me everytime.
>>
>>156553319
This is often very true for good LNs. Though good LNs are rather rare.

Most Japanese LNs are shit by default, since language they are written with is very simplistic and aimed at idiots - so you miss nothing watching anime adapations.

Its different for "not so light" novels, where there are proper work put into discriptions, context, details.

Alternatively, the appeal of novel can be author`s language - so watching anime of talented author you might miss big part of its appeal, since you cant transmit events to anime, but rarely language.

For example this season to "red the LN/Manga" belong:
Tsugumomo - anime is great, but manga is just superior. Great art, better fanservice and more gags.
Kings Avatar - for one good chink anime, but LN is 1720 chapters long and even if they give it whole 60 episodes, the anime pace is still too big and a LOT of context is lost because anime cant explain every ability and action in length.
Eromanga-sensei - belong to "no need to read" kind of LNs, but still if liked anime there likely pieces from LN that are missing in it.
Sagrada Reset - anime is so bad, LN cant be worse
Uchouten Kazoku - author with talented language, so watching anime you miss on it
>>
>>156553319
This is valid in a solid number of cases, though. Low production values, anime-original bullshit (looking at you, 2000s JC Staff), and/or short runtime (particularly for old low-budget buy-the-anime OVAs) can ruin an adaptation of a good source.
>>
>>156553319
berserk

you've had decades to get it right, faggots. I aint reading your manga if 2000 different0adaptations are shit!
>>
I always thought this was just a low effort contrarian response. Then I read the Railgun manga. And I understood.
>>
>>156553319
Literally every Re:Zero thread.
>>
File: maria_hayate_manga_referenc.jpg (110KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maria_hayate_manga_referenc.jpg
110KB, 1280x720px
>Capeshit
Re-does the origin story every 8-12 years
>anime adaptation
Starts at a random chapter with maybe a 5-minute introduction (if you're lucky) to explain why everything in the world is so inscrutable.
>>
>>156554063
>>Capeshit
Who are you quoting? Why is this relevant to the thread? What?
>>
>>156553319
>adaptations are always 100% faithful to the source material
>>
>The anime is shit
>READ THE SOURCE MATERIAL NEWFAG FUCK OFF THIS TOTALLY MAKES THE ANIME NOT SHIT
>>
>>156553319
Utawarerumono False mask is coming in english literally May 23rd in europe and the states.

Get it and compare it to the fucking anime.
>>
>Animeonlyfag enjoying the show
>Lnfag : waaaah waaaah they skipped this scene and that scene
>>
>>156553319
>VN has 10+ routes that are all completely different past ~30%.
>Anime tries to smash all the routes together
>Obviously fails

The only correct way is to make separate spinoff for every route.

Everything else would suck.
>>
99% Light Novels are fucking trash. Read a real book instead.
>>
>>156553555
VN is the best thing ever pleb.
>>
>>156553555
Trips don't lie
>>
>>156553705
>anime is so bad, LN cant be worse
Of course it can, if you remove the eye candy from a shit story all you're left with is a shit story mate
>>
>>156556530
>this anime is shit
>"read this vn and compare it to the fucking anime and you'll see that the anime is shit"
k?
>>
>>156553319
VN in the orginal language is the only one that could possibly be true. The rest are just 3rd worlder damage control from machine translations.
>>
>>156553319
dumb secondary
>>
>>156553555
>VN
>unacceptable
All VN adaptations are shit.
>>
>>156560288
Professional translations, like Tokyo Babel's, are good. I've read it in both languages.
>>
>>156553319
>>This anime is shit
>>READ THE MANGA/LN/VN

You certainly can´t defend an adaptation´s quality by pointing at the source. An adaptation can take the most amazing source and shit all over it... or take the shittiest source and make it amazing.

They are just two different, independent works. I wish people wouldn´t put them together just to defend one or the other.
>>
File: 1430334313147.png (276KB, 586x634px) Image search: [Google]
1430334313147.png
276KB, 586x634px
>New shitty LN adaptation coming next season
>Quickly skim through machine translated LN spoilers
>"Fucking secondaries"
>>
File: 1457166424120.png (261KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1457166424120.png
261KB, 600x600px
>>156553607
>wasted trips DESU
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.