[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Shojo Kakumei Utena

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 5

File: Series_ep14_027.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
Series_ep14_027.jpg
1B, 486x500px
How likely is it that Kanae was the last winner of the Anthybowl? Akio said the game has been played out many times over... would it have been Tenjou Academy if Utena had accepted the princess role?
>>
>>156544279
It sucks ass who cares?
>>
>>156544279
Wasn't it implied that Akio and Anthy poisoned Kanae?
>>
File: kZrShlW.png (639KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
kZrShlW.png
639KB, 720x540px
>>156544482
Yes, in a way that's visually reminiscent of Anthy's punishment.
>>
>>156544729
That's pretty deep.
>>
File: Series_ep14_092.jpg (61KB, 550x423px) Image search: [Google]
Series_ep14_092.jpg
61KB, 550x423px
>>156544729
Okay but that just opens another question: why recreate Anthy's hell for Kanae personally? Anthy saves most of her venom for the ones who've hurt her personally. Those seem to be Nanami (bitch has it coming), later on Utena (the cookies scene), and then... Kanae. Akio gets around, but we don't see this level of hate from her for all his conquests.

Hence the phrasing of the question: did Kanae win the Anthybowl? As in, did she win Anthy's heart, not just her hand as the Rose Bride? Could explain the vengeance we see here. Kanae seems conscious of abnormal loathing as well, pic related.
>>
>>156544279
Absolutely revolting. This is the second strike - one more, and I'm out.
>>
>>156544279
what happened to her hair?
>>
>>156544482
what
>>
>>156544279
Why would she care about Anthy bowl? The main point is she felt jealous that her fiancé is closer to his sister than her and she felt guilty for it(not knowing how right on mark she was). Saying she loved Anthy or something similar is just reaching.
>>
>>156544279
>>156545835
Honestly possible. Not sure about the part where she won Anthy's heart, though, it looks like Utena was the only one who's managed in quite a long while. Seems to me that she just won the duels normally like a prince should and at the end her sword broke like all the others, unable to get through.
>>
>>156545910
You have seen nothing yet
>>
>>156548712
If a reset happened people could simply have forgotten again though. And you don't have to love Anthy to nobly win duels, it was about being a prince.
>>
>>156544279
I can't see Kanae being a champion duelist. That's just not how she acts.
If anyone is a previous champion, it's Ruka.
>>156544729
I think that Akio might hate Kanae himself. She's just the sort of chaste maiden he was required to "make a princess" (i.e. marry & protect) as Dios, and I don't doubt that he resents that sort. Her father gets it even worse, of course, since it was the girls' fathers who overthrew him when he couldn't provide everything.
Moreover, it's Akio's marriage to Kanae that allows him temporal power over the academy, just as his hierogamy to his sister allows him spiritual power, so a parallelism between them isn't unexpected.
>>156545835
...oh, I see what you're getting at here. I think their mutual hatred is already explained enough.
>>
>>156548712
Looks like OP meant the dueling games, which Akio stated had been run through multiple times and was ready to run again when Anthy decided to quit hanging out in her coffin.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.