[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Goblin Sawyer

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 89
Thread images: 8

File: C-ecQVqVwAA1lx4.jpg (208KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
C-ecQVqVwAA1lx4.jpg
208KB, 1200x1200px
Guess who's going to get gobbed?
>>
>>156516139
Why do women fight goblins at all if they risk getting gobbed?
>>
>>156516139
Literally who?
>>
>>156517180

It's for the reward of getting gobbed. Women can't get enough of it.
>>
>>156516139
Who is that?
>>
>>156517527
That make sense for repeaters but what attracts first timers?
>>
>>156516139
Literally no one anymore.
>>
>>156516139
New harem member?
>>
>>156517180
Because it's percieved as a noob monster you beat a few times easily to get money for better gear and move on.

The Guild staff can at most advise the noobs to get better gear, follow an expirienced adventurer or avoid the quest.
The whole point of the first chapter was that a farmer boy who thought him self invincible dragged his party down and got his childhood friend gobbed.

And yes the upper rank guild management doesn't want to pay more money for the quest since it's cheaper to have a few noobs die.
>>
File: no chance of y chromosomes.jpg (70KB, 573x237px) Image search: [Google]
no chance of y chromosomes.jpg
70KB, 573x237px
>>156517800
>farmer boy

You mean girl.
>>
>>156517180
So that we can see the goblins doing horrible sexy things to them. Then GS can come in and be the cool hero guy you love so much because he punishes the goblins that harrow these girls for being retarded.
>>
>>156516139
Why doesn't Orcrist just level up so he can genocide more efficiently?
>>
>>156517941
>hero
More like avenger. He'll be a hero if he saved them on time.
>>
>>156517800
honestly at this point the whole goblins are the weakest monsters doesn't make any sense.
>>
>>156518058
He saved the priest.
>>
>>156516139

Who is this slut and why should I give a fuck about her? She ain't no child hood friend, elf, or priest girl.
>>
>>156518173
They are individually but since everyone just dumps gob quest early on, no one has seen strong gob nests except gs.
>>
>>156517865
He was described as a prettyboy.
That's how he got the girls to follow him in the first place.

To describe what happened since it's a D&D campaign with new players:

>DM makes intorduction scene with standard JRPG adventurer guild instead of a cliche Tavern/Prison.

>Player One: I'm a big-breasted Wizard Genous from a famous academy in the capital! I got a free Magic Wand for being the bestest and prettiest in my year.

>DM: Okay , you didn't deduct 50Gp from your starting gold for that wand.

>Player One: But...

>DM: No buts. Backgrounds grant you skills and a bit of GP at most, not magic items.

>Player One: Fine!

>DM: Allright next!

>Player Two: I'm a Monk who trained with her father since young. Now that he has died i moved out into the world with Player 3 who's my childhood friend to see the world and utilize my martial arts to do good.

>DM: Excellent background and you tied it well in with the next player.

>Player Three: I'm a hyper prettyboy with a Breastplate and a Longsword in my inventory!

>DM: Um you don't have the the necessary GP at level 1 to buy that Breatplate which costs 400 GP. You only have 350 Gp.

>Player Three: Uh can we pool the money together to buy it?

>DM: If the others are fine with having no money for other gear like poitons then fine.

>Players: Okay.

>DM: Let's start then. Ah the last player arrived.

>Player 4: Sorry for being late. Here's my character sheet.

>DM: A Female Life Cleric with the Acolyte background a Mace, Chainmail and Holy symbol for starting gear. Allright looks good.

>DM: So you walk up to the Recepcionist to ask for a quest you can do together. She reccomends you to start with hunting the giant rats that plague the city sewage...

>Player Three: Um how about something better. Like hunting Goblins!

>DM: Are you sure about taking a quest outside the settlement with barely any gear?

>Player 3: Easy peasy! Let's go.

>DM: *shrugs* (takes out goblin encounter notes)

Cont.
>>
File: nice eyelashes.jpg (27KB, 439x239px) Image search: [Google]
nice eyelashes.jpg
27KB, 439x239px
>>156518778
Nice headcanon fagit. It's an all girl party. They were having a girl's night out and were on the prowl for some hot goblin injections.
>>
>>156518732
If gobs are noob killers how the fuck are smart boobs able to get experience and become stronger? By fighting cows?
>>
>>156518954
>gobs are noob killers
They're stuppid/overconfident noob killers.
The smart enough ones that survive gob quests get to advance
>>
>>156518173
the point in the LNs is that goblins are easy if adventurers cared enough to be careful for them the same way they prepare for the bigger threats, because all it takes is a lucky goblin dice roll to take someone down. The upcoming manga chapters should depict that point nicely.

The whole universe runs on explicitly tabletop RPG rules, kind of like D&D 5e, and the gods are playing dice. It's repeatedly pointed out that for everyone 1 adventuring party that gets gobbed a bunch more manage to survive the initial experience and actually git gud, but because of the way the universe works (ie everything literally runs on dice rolls and the gods fucking around) you get occasions where the gobs become threats. GS is """special""" in this regard because as long as it's goblin related, GS will "never let the gods roll the dice", which translates to GS always Batman-ing the shit out of goblins, speccing his build and training precisely to murder goblins, and being willing to us high tier shit like rare spell scrools on 'lowly' goblins until high elf archer decides to be a shit and ban GS from using fire, poison, and explosions
>>
>>156518778
What's this shit about the Monk and Swordsman being childhood friends?
>>
>>156519077
The really smart ones don't even bother taking gob quests because they aren't worth the reward to difficulty level.

Would you rather save a farm from a horde of goblins for a couple of gold, or hunt a bear and get 20 gold for its hide?
>>
>>156518778
>DM: After half a day of hiking you found the designated goblin den you were sent out to destroy. It's allready sunset. What do you do?

>Player 3: Let's go on.
>Everyone follows

>DM: Allright you walk to the dark cavern barely seeing anything in front of you until you come to a small forked road with what looks like a goblin totem. Roll a Perception check with disadvantage.

>Player 3: 5,2. Allright i go on into the left tunel!

>DM: (You are not even waiting for the others. Well i warned you that this isn't a PC game).

>Player 2 and 3 decide walk up front to deal with anything that might come at them leaving 30ft distance betwen them and their casters.

>DM: Player 1 and 4 please roll perception. Aaand another fail. As you wal along the corridor you hear a crunching sound behind you but pay it no heed. Roll for initiative. You are surprised.

>Shitshow ensures where Fighter messes up and can't cooperate for shit with the Monk.
>Wizard is KOd and poisoned.
>Cleric is wasting her heal to save her.
>FIghter get's shanked by 3 Gobs
>Monk get's grappled after killing a few gobs.

>DM sighs and introduced a DMPC so the game doesn't die.

>Player 1 and 2 traumatized by their first characters dying pick the two most un-rapable races in the Player Hand Book.

>Player 3 i still cocky but actually bothers to read the rules now and makes a High-Elf Archer Fighter this time.

>Story proceeds with Newbies learning more about characterbuilding and game mechanics as they commit goblin genocide.
>>
File: 1488739218904.jpg (91KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1488739218904.jpg
91KB, 1280x720px
>>156517180
Why do men fight goblins at all if they risk getting killed?
>>
>>156518173
Goblins are weak when there's few of them.
The problem is that they breed like rats and have the strenght of chimps while needing female mamals for reproduction which is why they raid farms when there's enough of them.
>>
>>156519309
It's the same shit about the swordsman being a boy since her gender was ambiguous. It's all make-believe.

>since they get along together they must've already been friends since childhood!

It's that kind of "fill in the gaps" logic.
>>
>>156519322
>Take on a fucking bear is easier than going after goblins
I don't see how they're lowly. They seem pretty threatening.
>>
>>156519309
Read the novel.
>>
>>156519457
>needing female mamals for reproduction
Of any species?
>>
>>156519509
There's power in numbers. Would you rather fight a horde of bears or a single goblin? Even the bear can be threatening if it's in a group.
>>
>>156518954
The smart ones don't ignore the actually harmless beginner quests (hunting giant rats in the city) which let them buy better gear and gather a bit expirience for combat.
And of course the smart ones will follow a more expirienced adventurer.
>>
>>156519509
a bear is just one opponent, and usually gets hunted in an open field

gobs are usually in their own territories, or if they're gathered together they're so many of them that even if you can kill a ton of gobs it's easy for a gob flanking you to hit you with poison or a lucky hit on your weak side, especially since newbies don't armor up properly. There's also stuff like how the delay you get when your weapon is buried in a gob's body could mean another one can get a lucky hit on you, which is why GS keeps discarding his weapons and picks up whatever is along the way so he doesnt lose any momentum
>>
This really feels like bots talking to each other. We had this discussion about these very basic questions a million times.
>>
>>156518187
>Who is this slut and why should I give a fuck about her?
She's cute.
>>
>>156519655
So far we know they use humans and elves. So probably any humanoid.
>>
>>156519742
It's almost like new people discover new things to read all the time.
>>
>>156519655
Did you think that they steal goats just for food?

Goblins have no genders.
They are a parasitic race and a forerunner for a supposed Ayymao invasion in this setting.
>>
>>156516139
>".............. I have to get it back.”
>"... What are you talking about?"
>"Everything, all that I had lost.”

>taking the job order from the Archbishop in search of a missing celeb sword girl who was on a goblin extermination mission, GS and his party go up to the snowy northern mountain, but through the raided village and a mysterious chapel, GS senses something is strangely wrong.
>“they can, learn?”
>as the party endured its injury and finished its search of the cave, they find…
>“outside, god of wisdom and knowledge…”
>as GS challenges the goblin lair in an ancient fortress led by someone!?

Vol.5 synopsis.
apparently the one on the OP is the celeb sword girl.
>>
>>156519657
You got it wrong, im not saying the bear is weak, on the contrary. I'm pointing out taking on a bear is already difficult and the goblins are said to be a greater risk than going after a dangerous feral beast such as a bear so I don't get why goblins are regarded as weak if they are considered more dangerous than a goddamn bear.
>>
>>156518173
Giant rats are the weakest monsters though. The noobs are told to go fight giant rats when they apply for the goblin quests
>>
>>156519457
>strenght of chimps
Strength of children. Chimps are crazy strong.
>>
>>156519973
This is a world where dragons, orcs, ogres and demons exist. Compared to those, a few goblins don't look like much.
>>
>>156520025
Look at an image of a shaved chimp and tell me it's not a goblin.
>>
>>156520073
But he is talking about strength not apperance.
>>
>>156520025
Children won't pin down UFC level fighters that easy.
>>
>>156519801
Apparently they also haven't read the manga or else these things would be evident.
>>
>>156520164
5 of them will.
>>
File: 1492915945509.png (274KB, 377x606px) Image search: [Google]
1492915945509.png
274KB, 377x606px
So is there no new chapter this month? I thought there was a release every month on the 26th
>>
>>156520025
Strength of a child that's born in the wild who has been killing and raping.
>>
>>156520220
Holy shit. Humans are fucking weak. Even our strongest specimens are weak as shit.
>>
>>156520404
Not really just think two of those kids grab your legs, the other two go for your arms the fifth either jumps on your back or touches your front. Now give all of those kids kitchen knives.
>>
>>156520637
As said, humans are weak as shit.
>>
>>156520637
Rusted, shit smeared kitchen knives so that septic shock finishes the job
>>
>>156520637
I dunno. My kids are pretty uncoordinated at age 5 like most of them are. I'm pretty sure I could disarm them unless it was a sneak attack.
>>
>>156520763
How do you think we hunted bigger far more dangerous things? Pretty much the exact same way.
>>
>>156518173
Newbies seem to think they can walk into a cave and challenge them to honorable 1v1 duels. Like forming a party is so smart and gobbos would never think of doing the same.
>>
>>156518778
So he was doomed to be a lowbie anyway since adventurer guilds have anti-harem policies.
>>
>>156521061
Chasing them until they collapsed from exhaustion and spearing them?
>>
>>156519353
>rerolls as the elf archer
Why does this make so much sense.
>>
>>156521735
Yeah. Sure.
That's how we got dem Mammoths and gian Bovids.

Humans utilized mostly the same pack tacticks that Lions and Wolves use.

Now imagine being on the recieving end of an ambush where you will get stabbed by feces covered spear or knives.
>>
>>156520637
You easily throw them off unless they're really muscular like the gobs are.
>>
>>156521061
It's pretty telling that even a grown up well trained specimen of our race can be defeated by fucking infants of it's same species. It's fucking embarrassing.
>>
>>156522108
You forgot that none hunts Lions, wolves and humans. All smaller creatures that live only pick up not eaten pieces
>>
>>156516139

How long has it been since the last gobbing?
>>
File: C9sRS83VwAUw7W2.jpg (123KB, 1200x894px) Image search: [Google]
C9sRS83VwAUw7W2.jpg
123KB, 1200x894px
>>156524199
4 years ago.
>>
>>156516139
Don't play with my heart.
>>
Weren't we suppose to get a new chapter?

The suspense is killing me
>>
>>156527500
No ch this month.
>>
>>156519848
>>156516139

Finally a gob upgrade that will make the guild chage their danger level or perhaps not
>>
File: oy.jpg (50KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
oy.jpg
50KB, 1200x675px
>>156519848
The goblin golden age is finally here.
I can't wait for the gob country where GS will see gobs studying and running stores then he'll have a life crisis pondering about his cruel murders.
>>
this
>>
They already updated, so maybe PV soon.

http://ga.sbcr.jp/novel/contents/index.html
>>
File: 1480292931210.png (9KB, 320x341px) Image search: [Google]
1480292931210.png
9KB, 320x341px
>>156529842
>gobs studying and running stores
>gobs inside things that will smoke and burn
>implying GS wouldn't immediately start looking for the best starting point to burn the whole town to ash, force them back into their filthy holes, and then systematically murder them one by one
>>
>>156532726
>there are filthy gob lovers who don't slay all the evil
>>
>>156516139
What's the best way to acquire the LN for Goblin Slayer? torrenting?
>>
>>156533820
Buy it.
>>
>>156533986
From where?
>>
>>156532840
Killing gobs is good and all, but they're not priority. The focus should be on eradicating those filthy fucking snobbish, retarded, magic-addicted nature-warping knife ear cunts.
>>
>>156518173
They are weak. It's just that you have newbies going to the goblins home turf thinking it'll be just as easy as when they just fought a few stragglers wondering outside.
Goblins have the home turf advantage and people underestimate it. If they had prepared better it wouldn't have been a problem.
>>
>>156534117
From an online shop or a physical bookstore.
>>
>>156534146
Oy vey!
>>
>>156534604
Meant for >>156533986
>>
>>156532726
But what if a Goblin Rights Protector group appears and go all green peace on GS's ass?
>>
>>156534335
So. A hugs party of 20 would have better chances to raid a Gob nest?
>>
>>156534335
>It's just that you have newbies going to the goblins home turf
I always wondered how exactly gobbos are able to defeat villages? They fight on enemy turf, they don't have much number advantage and dogs would be deadly as fuck against goblins, while smelling them miles away
>>
no chapter 12 yet ? end of month already niggas
>>
>>156537654
There's no chapter this month.
Thread posts: 89
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.