[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this literally the best OVA ever made?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 6

File: trust and betrayal.jpg (38KB, 314x445px) Image search: [Google]
trust and betrayal.jpg
38KB, 314x445px
Is this literally the best OVA ever made?
>>
Hands down.

The art, dialogue, acting, characters, story, music, choreography - everything. The fucking music holy shit. It's unmatched.

Only negative point is has is Kenshin's English VA, and that's subjective.
>>
File: Intro.webm (2MB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
Intro.webm
2MB, 800x600px
It's certainly up there.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tgxj0CmNwlE
>>
File: no feels left.gif (2MB, 288x219px) Image search: [Google]
no feels left.gif
2MB, 288x219px
>>156472473

>be 15 and a huge fan on Kenshin
>go to cinema to see this expecting ORO LMAO XD
>mfw this entire intro and that fucking music

>>156472519

only takes 5 seconds for this song to invoke near-tears for me fucking hell
>>
>>156472449

Agree about the English VA being bad
>>
>>156472519

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=metQHFQQgZs
>>
>>156471934
For me the answer is yes it is.
>>
Either that or pic related.
>>
yes. Best thing DEEN probably has ever done
>>
>>156471934
Best ever?

Tied with Giant Robo, Macross Plus, Black Jack and Gunbuster imo

It's certainly one of the few anime I've ever gone out and bought a physical copy of.
>>
>>156472473

One of anime's edgiest moments.
>>
File: 13160.jpg (36KB, 225x321px) Image search: [Google]
13160.jpg
36KB, 225x321px
I might have found it sad had the cover not outright spoiled the ending. Also the fact that the girl never appears in the TV series.
>>
>>156471934
Hard to believe one of the finest OVAs that far exceeded the source material came from fucking deen of all studios.
>>
>>156476640
Show caught up with the manga, went into filler hell and then dropped because of low ratings.
>>
>>156478438
So she actually appears in the manga then?
>>
>>156478608

Yes in the flashback. The OVA is more detailed though
>>
>>156478438
Of course, almost immediately after the Shishio arc. The prelude of the final arc is pretty much what we see in the flashback OVA.
>>
File: Thumbs Up.jpg (29KB, 244x272px) Image search: [Google]
Thumbs Up.jpg
29KB, 244x272px
>>156475867
>Macross Plus
>>
>>156478438
Even so, the manga declined in quality during the revenge arc.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.