[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ranma Half Background Music?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 7

File: Untitled.png (1MB, 1534x958px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
1MB, 1534x958px
Hey guys, I've been looking for a particular jazzy background tune that occasionally plays in Ranma 1/2 episodes. For the past 8 years I've never been able to find it but now I found a solid soundbite from watching this anime again.

Since I can't post audio here (fuckers), you can find this soundbite in Season 2, Episode 2 at 11:05 minutes.

If anyone happens to know the name of this BGM I would very much appreciate it.

PS: I tried uploading it to Youtube but it got blocked worldwide IMMEDIATELY by Shopro so I assume there's some meat behind it and that this actually IS a song I can buy somewhere. In advance, thanks again!
>>
this is the audio site we use around this boards.
mixtape.moe
>>
>>156360576
Thanks so much! I uploaded the soundbite here someone please help mee!!

https://my.mixtape.moe/jfwnvx.mp3
>>
>>156360755
It's one of the bonus CD tracks from the Ranma 1/2 Ongaku Doujo 2 soundtrack. It's in a mashup of 10 pieces of music run together as one track, somewhere in the middle. It doesn't have a name, just a number: M-43. It's only about 30 seconds long.
>>
>>156360534
i know how you feel anon. it took me years to find this particular tune from DBZ.

https://youtu.be/nP7R0MOAsnk
>>
>>156361140
Thanks so much! Not only did I find it, I found another short piece as well!

Seriously, Ranma 1/2 was akin to my spirit animal, almost a freaking head-mate, the only thing strange enough to maintain my 16 year-old autistic hyperactivity back in the day.
>>
File: 1457455429383.jpg (146KB, 500x381px)
1457455429383.jpg
146KB, 500x381px
>>156361561
You're quite welcome. Ranma kept me sane during the early '90s and stalking the soundtracks was what kept me volunteering at conventions. Always glad to help a fan of this true classic.
>>
>>156361690
Ranma was my heart and soul, so pure that even as a sex-crazed, caged-zoo-monkey teenager 8 years ago, I could never bear to even R34 it. It was literally the only thing that kept me sane too lol.

Here's the second BGM I found thanks to you!
https://my.mixtape.moe/ohpqpf.mp3
>>
File: Untitled.png (1MB, 1680x942px)
Untitled.png
1MB, 1680x942px
Actually, listening to the 2 mashups I found thanks to godlike help, I discovered another 2 - 3 background songs I've been looking for!

From memory, I'm just looking for one more background song and my life will literally be complete.
>>
File: 1462401390019.gif (488KB, 496x279px)
1462401390019.gif
488KB, 496x279px
>>156361863
You would have fit in great with us in the '80s and '90s, when it was a literal phenomenon unfolding in front of us and we all patiently waited for Viz to put out their stupid mirror-imaged single issues just so we'd have English-translated Ranma 1/2 manga without having to buy the Japanese ones and translate them ourselves. The BBS Wars, the huge trades in fansubbed VHS that were faster than Viz's releases, hitting up all the shops on the Anime Web Turnpike for wall scrolls and posters and those pencilboard thingies. Good times in the trenches.
>>
File: 154.jpg (31KB, 640x480px)
154.jpg
31KB, 640x480px
>>156362060
I can't believe Ranma was such a phenomemon (outside of Spain lol). Where I am it's almost unknown and the one classmate from Japan I had only remarked that it was "really old".

I was downloading it when 4 kb/ps was considered an amazing speed. Waited for a month or two for every season.
>>
File: 1471225381970.jpg (426KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
1471225381970.jpg
426KB, 960x720px
>>156362356
Mexico was like the source for all things Ranma before Viz licensed it in one of their first acquisitions from their deal with Shogakukan. The more adventurous of us would go across the border (Texasfag here) with a case of blank VHS tapes and a few six-packs of beer and trade for Ranma 1/2 raws to distribute to fansubbers so they could work their magic and give us English subs. Then we'd go to conventions and college campuses and trade with groups for other stuff and we'd spend the weekend cooking copies of their fansubbed series to add to our group's library while they ripped copies of Ranma for theirs. We expected the well to dry up after Viz announced they'd licensed it, but after the first couple of volumes released there were rumors Trish Ledoux was censoring the dialogue so the fansubs kept flowing for a long time afterwards. By virtue of saturation, Ranma 1/2 was one of the most popular series in the US, even before anime became mainstreamed. A lot of infamy came with that, of course, since popularity even in a subculture generally tends to breed depravity as Rule 34 tends to show, but I think by and large it was a good thing we had such ease of acquisition and a lot of interest in it. That it still gets the occasional thread here so many years after the fact is testament to its impact.
>>
File: Sn1-32.png (2MB, 1726x1080px)
Sn1-32.png
2MB, 1726x1080px
>>156362584
Well either way I'm perfectly happy to have ran into it by accident when I was 14. I honestly don't know what kind of person I would be now if I didn't. As you can see, I'm such a salty, sentimental piece of shit, I'm using a few screenshots I've been keeping from scenes I liked all those years ago.
>>
>>156362584
Ranma didn't premiered in Mexico until late 1998.

By then I suppose Viz already had the license.

Also Televisa Was censoring Ranma even since its first emissions
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.