[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Finally finished with all of the Lupin the 3rd content. Took

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 14

File: Screenshot (148).png (1MB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot (148).png
1MB, 1366x768px
Finally finished with all of the Lupin the 3rd content. Took about a year, but wow was it worth it. I think I have a new favorite series. Why isn't this talked about more? I don't think I've ever seen a series with characters as good as these. A lot of the movies are high quality and should be on everyone's favorites list. The music was some of the best i've ever heard. Has everything from PG to an R rating. Outside of the amount of content that's out there for it, what is your excuse for not watching Lupin?
>>
>Why isn't this talked about more?
>Lupin
Lurk more.
>>
>>156309550
>Outside of the amount of content that's out there for it, what is your excuse for not watching Lupin?

That's actually pretty much my only excuse. I've seen all of Green Jacket, the first two movies and a few scattered others. I tried to watch all of Red Jacket, but something always comes up and I just lose track.
I agree with you, though. I think, totaling everything Lupin out there, it is definitely a great series.
>>
>>156309764

Not OP, but I'd highly recommend the Blue Jacket series. It's where I picked the series back up after remembering how much I liked the Red Jacket series when it aired on Adult Swim.

Currently working on Green Jacket. Something I'm finding frustrating about it is that while it's enjoyable and laid-back, something about it makes it hard to marathon. I feel like I've gotten my fill for the day after two or three episodes.
>>
isn't it just boring old manime?

I've seen a couple movies and they were yawn-tier.
>>
File: piratelupin.gif (1MB, 500x282px) Image search: [Google]
piratelupin.gif
1MB, 500x282px
>>156309764
>great series
I think you're underselling it. It's influence alone should skyrocket it to the top of any best anime list and that's not even mentioning what exactly makes it so entertaining.
>>
File: lupintimeline1.jpg (992KB, 600x5000px) Image search: [Google]
lupintimeline1.jpg
992KB, 600x5000px
>>156310394
I personally feel the earlier episodes of Green Jacket were kind of... not as great as the later episodes starting with episode 11. As soon as Miyazaki and Takahata took over, the series had more life and the characters gained more personality. Much easier to marathon.
>>156310467
>boring old manime
spoken like a true millennial.
>I've seen a couple movies and they were yawn-tier.
what movies were they?
>>
>>156310394
I'll give it a shot. I do think the style looks great.
What's funny is I like Red Jacket more than Green. I like the globe trotting plots of Red. Green seemed to always be local Japan outside of a few episodes (namely the first).
>>
>>156309550
Best guess, the fujiko mine series that was a few years back left a bad taste in the mouths of the more diehard fans and it became another "there is no tsukihime anime" aversion. There's still a thread here or there, just not a lot of buzz

I for one liked it. The ending theme was catchy as fuck. I got a kick out of how she broke the hypnosis by pretty much saying "no fuck you, I was always a slut and a money grubbing whore, fuck off owl face"
>>
>>156310752

I've revisited Red Jacket on and off since getting back into the series. What I'd recommend to make it less daunting is that rather than trying to marathon it, just check out a few episodes at random from time to time as you see fit.
>>
File: Fujiko1.jpg (1MB, 4000x2229px) Image search: [Google]
Fujiko1.jpg
1MB, 4000x2229px
>>156310879
>left a bad taste in the mouths of the more diehard fans
hope you are referring to the people on here because it's highly regarded as a great show outside of /a/. I personally think it's a fantastic series outside of the main narrative and the portrayal of Zenigta. I love how they went for a darker approach similar to Green Jacket series which is often considered to be the most faithful animated adaption of the manga. With that being said, I don't see how "diehard" fans would not like it when it's basically recreating what made Green Jacket so special. Not saying it's as good, but it shouldn't be looked at as something that isn't good. Incredible art, incredible music, a bunch of great episodes. It's a worthy prequel that did some justice for the series. Yes it has flaws, but all series have them.
>>
>>156311130
Yeah, that's pretty much what I meant. But /a/ is an echo chamber that doesn't give a shit about the rest of the internet so I didn't bother explaining that bit. Like I said, I liked it and don't really give a fuck
>>
>>156311083
I'm not the marathon type. I can't do that anymore. But what happens is I might not watch something for a few days and then I just never get back into it. I'll take your thread as a reminder and knock out an episode right now!
>>
I've seen blue jacket series and am now watching Green. Almost finished with it. It's really good. You can really tell which ones were heavily influenced by Miyazaki

>Fujiko looks like nausicaa
>has any sort of aircraft

I'm glad the series is getting dvd releases in the states now
>>
File: Part2DVD1.jpg (289KB, 1469x2048px) Image search: [Google]
Part2DVD1.jpg
289KB, 1469x2048px
>>156312470
>I've seen blue jacket series and am now watching Green
Why would anyone watch Blue before Green...
>You can really tell which ones were heavily influenced by Miyazaki
10-23
>Fujiko looks like nausicaa
don't mean Nausicaa looks like Fujiko.
>I'm glad the series is getting dvd releases in the states now
Green Jacket has been out for years now
Red Jacket volume 1, episodes 1-40 came out in January and the other 3 sets should be out this year.
No announcements for Pink jacket release yet
Blue Jacket will be out on BD/DVD this year as well.
>>
Not really a Lupin fan but did watch the one aired in 2015, stopped at episode 13 somehow even though I did enjoy all the episodes.Too much followed series during its season and I kinda forgot this one.
>>
>>156312841
>Not really a Lupin fan
get out. I bet you pronounce his name as Lupe-in too don;t you.
>>
>>156312958
Hey now, I still got my hearing anon.For now.
>>
>>156309550
>what is your excuse for not watching Lupin?
Tbqh it's all the content, I'm not sure where to start and I was too lazy and preoccupied with other series to bother figuring out a watch order
Is there a watch guide/watch order out there or is it episodic?
>>
File: ThisIsWhatYouNeedToWatch.jpg (211KB, 1250x649px) Image search: [Google]
ThisIsWhatYouNeedToWatch.jpg
211KB, 1250x649px
>>156313151
it's episodic for the most part. If you really want a guide, try this.
>>
>>156309550
I'm sure I'll watch it all at some point, but I'd rather not burn myself out on it. The amount of content could be spaced out over a lifetime. I grew up watching the red jacket dubs late at night on Adult Swim, and totally fell in love. Fujiko to Iu Onna is definitely my favorite series so far, though. Really memorable arcs and characters outside of the main cast, and the whole theme of the show was perfectly executed imo

Thoughts on the live action film?
>>
>>156309550
>A lot of the movies are high quality
>streaming
Kill yourself.
>>
File: 1485181817068.png (56KB, 300x263px) Image search: [Google]
1485181817068.png
56KB, 300x263px
>>156313223
Thanks m8
>>
File: 1490730464115.png (61KB, 500x390px) Image search: [Google]
1490730464115.png
61KB, 500x390px
>>156310612
I personally feel the earlier episodes of Green Jacket were kind of... not as great as the later episodes starting with episode 11.
I agree. I'll probably get some flak for saying this but it was bretty difficult for me to get excited about some of the very first episodes, I suppose it was the tone and pacing. Things rapidly improved after that tho
>>
>>156313378
>streaming.
I own physical copies of all available releases. I only use streaming sites to take screenshots since I don't have many pictures. I chose that particular shot by accident.
>>
>>156313487
There are people who do prefer the earlier episodes but I think those people are crazy in my opinion. The best episodes are in the later half. The characters in the earlier episodes were kind of bland. They didn't show any emotion and everything felt just a but grim. You still had some classic episodes like the one where Lupin in jail for a year, but there are some others that suffer from the pacing and the lack of charisma the characters show.
>>
File: LupinCollageye.jpg (909KB, 2400x743px) Image search: [Google]
LupinCollageye.jpg
909KB, 2400x743px
Green is best Jacket
>>
>>156310467
if by manime, you mean a show that doesn't star a 12 year old boy... Then yes.
>>
File: goldbabylon.gif (898KB, 300x200px) Image search: [Google]
goldbabylon.gif
898KB, 300x200px
Gold Babylon Blu Ray when?
>>
>>156309550
>Finally finished with all of the Lupin the 3rd content. Took about a year, but wow was it worth it.

I respect you far that OP, i watched all the series and most of the movies (i still lack the newer movies the ones before the spin-offs era) but i watched it on tv while i was growing-up, so i didn't had to make a marathon for it, but i'm trying to do something like that with Doctor Who and it's already 3 years so i know how fucking hard it is to find the time and the mood to do it
>>
>>156314877
Why did they introduce the black jacket so soon after the blue one?
I think they should have waited a couple of years and give blue its time in the limelight.
>>
>>156320146
It's not a new official jacket, Lupin had to wear black for a dress code
But actually even Green Jacket didn't last long, if they are ever going to do another series don't expect them to use again the same color
>>
It's been a while since I stopped watching the 2nd serie because I was waiting for BD rips.
Do we have a complete batch with subs yet?
If not I'll go back to lazily wait until one is made.
>>
File: minresdefault.gif (1023KB, 500x361px) Image search: [Google]
minresdefault.gif
1023KB, 500x361px
I've only watched the miyazaki episodes.

after a while I got tired of Lupin's antics, he's basically the bad guy and needs to be locked up.
>>
File: angry.gif (980KB, 250x187px) Image search: [Google]
angry.gif
980KB, 250x187px
>>156320146
>Why did they introduce the black jacket so soon after the blue one?
I don't think it's too soon. It's been 3 years. Blue Jacket has been in a 26 episode series + TV Special, 2 OVAs, and a theatrical film. I think it had enough screentime. Plus it's not an official jacket like >>156320941 said.
>>156320941
>But actually even Green Jacket didn't last long, if they are ever going to do another series don't expect them to use again the same color
I don't see why not. They brought back Green Jacket for a prequel series, so if they ever do a non-continuation, it would be very easy to bring back an old jacket color.
>>156322388
He's more of a antihero. Yes he's a thief but a lot of the time he does a lot more good than bad. He only steals from people who can afford to take a hit. You need to watch more of it you pleb.
>>
>>156322388
>he's basically the bad guy and needs to be locked up
Maybe picked up.
>>
I like Lupin quite a bit, going back to watching Castle of Cagliostro over and over when I was little. I've gone back and watched green jacket, and watched Mine Fujiko to Iu Onna as it was airing, but there's simply so much goddamn content that I don't think I'll ever see too much more of it -- I just don't have the time. Which is kind of a shame.
>>
>>156322997
Actually, fuck it. This thread has inspired me to take Lupin back up again. I'd download red jacket right now if baka BT were up.
>>
>>156323481
Good. finish that shit. It will make you a better man.
>>
File: Part3Lupin.jpg (121KB, 1023x498px) Image search: [Google]
Part3Lupin.jpg
121KB, 1023x498px
Pink Jacket is underrated.
>>
File: pink.jpg (194KB, 1152x821px) Image search: [Google]
pink.jpg
194KB, 1152x821px
>>156324516
>>
>>156322729
>I don't see why not. They brought back Green Jacket for a prequel series, so if they ever do a non-continuation, it would be very easy to bring back an old jacket color.

The Fujiko's series is a prequel and also a spin-off, so it makes sanse to use a jacket from the past, also is kind of canonic since everytime there was a flashback in the series Lupin was wearing green
But if they'lll ever do a "Part 5", i think is safe to say that they'll change style
>>
>>156310612
are you not a millennial? that would make you either older than 34 or like 12.
>>
So guys, saw just a few episodes of Lupin, I didn't even know about these jackets thing, where would you suggest me to start? How should I proceed then?

>>156327451
Tell me you're baiting please
>>
>>156327782
start from the beginning and just watch chronologically.
>Tell me you're baiting please
I believe he is
>>
I made a bunch of collages for Lupin movies and episodes for Fujiko Mine. I have too many to just dump so here is a imgur album. It is up to Crisis in Tokyo.
http://imgur.com/a/pdWkR
>>
>>156309550
> what is your excuse for not watching Lupi

I kind of get the feeling he is an unbeatable protagonist. Like there is never any real suspense the Lupin and his crew would ever fail in any meaningful form.

That kind of turns me off
>>
>>156329079
The thrill is how he does it.
Then again I never got into city hunter so I understand.
>>
>>156310467
>boring old manime?

Fucking hate this meme
>>
>>156329079
I suppose it can't be helped then, since most of the Lupin stuff except maybe the Koike's works are mostly gag-anime
i mean, Lupin even use toon-force sometimes, and Goemon is basically a deus ex machina with a sword
>>
>>156329079
James Bond is also unbeatable.
>>
Does anyone have manga scans?
Thread posts: 52
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.