[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sakugafags, a question.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: NotCGI.webm (3MB, 856x480px) Image search: [Google]
NotCGI.webm
3MB, 856x480px
How can you tell when something is made in CGI and when in cel animation? And I'm not speaking about the really lame one, like Deen's dragon in Fate/Stay Night or the Chains (capital letter, since I consider them a character) from Hand Shakers.
See the webm, people say the hand is not CGI, yet it seems like it.
>>
That seems to be partially rotoscopped.
>>
>>156295052
So the problem with CGI is that the effort that it would take to make it not look like shit could instead be used to just rotoscope it.
>>
>>156295260
The problem with CGI is that it doesn't blend well with 2D animation unless you're willing to make your 2D animation 60 frames per second as well.
>>
>>156295324
Why not just make the CGI lower framerate?
>>
>>156294763
>cel animation
>>
>>156295582
They do that and it doesn't work.
>>
>>156295582
Because it is way more distracting that way, it feels like it's stuttering.

See this music video, 2D animation is blended well because it is drawn at the same framerate as the 3D, not exactly 60 frames but at a reasonable framerate that the eye doesn't notice much of a diference.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y2vzBdIejVY
>>
>>156294763
That's not cgi because the japs are not good enough at rigging a general purpose character model with that amount of nuance in the finger movement (not to say there is a lot of it).

And no they definitely wouldn't spend the effort to rig a hand model just for that cut in particular.
>>
>>156295751
pretty sure it's just 24 full frame in both 3d and 2d segments.
>>
>>156294763
After you observe and study art for years you can just tell the nuances of 2d and cgi animation apart. There are specific notable quirks and qualities of both that are easy to tell apart. I'm failing to think examples to give to you though, since its just second nature to a lot of viewers.
>>
>>156294763
You can just tell how stuff moves or how certain angles look after watching anime for a while.
>>
>>156295582
The only way to make it look good at a lower framerate is to animate it frame by frame like they would traditionally, which defeats the purpose of going 3d in the first place, to cut costs.
>>
>>156295052
Any realistic animation seems rotoscoped to you people.
>>
>>156294763
>yet it seems like it.
I guess you need glasses.
>>
>>156298507
The hand between seconds 2 and 4.
>>
>>156298578
It only really stands out when you isolate it. For a two seconds in a 20 minute anime, it's not bad. It matches the art style well
>>
>>156294763
You can tell with the slightly shifting lines, CGI won't have that and typically the sense of timing in anime CGI makes for very stiff motion.

As for CG reference and rotoscope, it's normally used for scenes with complex camera movements. Real life footage is more likely to be used, be it as reference or tracing, when it comes to creating realistic movement. Disney animators of the past and even today's 3D animators will study real life footage to create believable motion in their animations.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.