[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The last good arc to be good for the most part

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 209
Thread images: 14

File: maxresdefault.jpg (164KB, 985x738px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
164KB, 985x738px
The last good arc to be good for the most part
>>
>>156276962
>implying this shit was not only good in the beginning while it was fresh and got stupid later on
>>
It's just a standard 'hero's journey' arc. Literally the easiest storytelling because it's inherently feel good bullshit
>>
>>156276984
There was barely development for team 7 before kishimoto decided to start the chunin exam arc
>>
Pain's arc was great except for the very end
>>
>>156277058
Sage mode came off as an asspull for naruto to be kage level
>>
File: 8f43ee97a52778a9a8dc6fbbfa722bfb.png (373KB, 1262x714px) Image search: [Google]
8f43ee97a52778a9a8dc6fbbfa722bfb.png
373KB, 1262x714px
Akatsuki Suppression was a pretty solid arc
>>
Chouji's episode was one of the best in part 1.
>>
>>156277441
do you think they should have completely finished with team 9(asuma) instead of naruto coming at the last minute and saving the day? I do. that whole arc was like a second character development for choji and shikamaru. don't know about ino.
>>156277443
he was basically /a/
>>156276998
whats that?
>>156276984
>muh zabuza
>>
>>156277521
Yes
Naruto ruined the flow
>>
>>156277076
I can agree with this but naruto needed something to match Sasuke with although Sasuke with MS is still stronger than SM naruto
>>
>>156277521
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DnnaMe-uHuE

Yes muh zabuza
>>
I think my favorite moments of this arc are Kiba and Akamaru going in that two headed giant dog transformation, drunk Lee, and Gaara showing up to save Lee.
>>
>>156279041
No way SM naruto beat pain who had rinnegan which is way stronger than MS even if it isn't used by an uchiha or even it's original user.
>>
>>156277076
Acceptable asspull. Don't forget he supposedly surpassed Kakashi with his Rasenshuriken. That was the real asspull. Sage Mode was a big leap but made perfect sense thematically with Naruto taking what Jiraya left him.
>>
Does Sakura get as much respect as Naruto and Sasuke in series in Boruto? She is after all one of the nu-Legendary Sannin
>>
>>156281011
She didn't do shit except a punch so no she doesn't deserve any of that respect
>>
>>156276962
chuunin exams were 100 chapters of bullshit
>>
>>156279356
but sharingan uses genjutsu which we shown naruto has a terrible time with. but honestly the abilities become absurdly unbalanced and kind of circumstantial

>>156280699
how was rasen shuriken an asspull? without sage mode he couldn't throw the rasenshuriken and it had a major drawback from using it normally which I kinda liked but then everyone just started throwing out forbidden jutsus.

>>156281011
yes, as a medical ninja. but that's the only thing because supposed it normally takes a long time for a normal ninja to become a medical ninja
>>156279106
stop shilling your mixtape. even though I did like the candy theme beat

>>156278019
I think the was the perfect time for ino to bring out her family mind destruction jutsu. but oh well naruto. but I dont know it kind of a mixed bag on one hand more development but on the other ,it would have been weird when he brought out the rasen shuriken the first time against pain.
>>
>>156281210
Pretty much this. The Narutoverse was always written like shit.
>so like 2 or 3 people can become a chunin every year
>>
>>156281210
you mean 100% dragging its feet. of course im talking from the anime POV, I think they spent like 3-4 eps with orochimaru and third hokage deadlocked in that dead sealing jutsu.
>>
>>156281225
>how was rasen shuriken an asspull? without sage mode he couldn't throw the rasenshuriken and it had a major drawback from using it normally which I kinda liked but then everyone just started throwing out forbidden jutsus.
Because he suddenly went from shitty Chunin level to better than Kakashi (not too far from a Kage) after a week of training using the 1000 clones asspull. This thing was dumb.

>but sharingan uses genjutsu which we shown naruto has a terrible time with
He should have an easier time in SM because he wouldn't even need to look at his enemy to track him. Even better if he has frogs around to undo the spell for him. But in the end it's really what the writer wants to do, plot shield is everywhere.
>>
>>156281240
>And we give singular fucks if a dozen or so are brutalized
>>
>>156281351
>Because he suddenly went from shitty Chunin level to better than Kakashi (not too far from a Kage) after a week of training using the 1000 clones asspull. This thing was dumb.
>he surpassed kakashi entireyl because he did what kakashi couldn't do
pretty sure naruto was already on or pass chunin level at this point before rasen shuriken .they even showed this when him and sakura fought kakashi again even if it was because of a joke it still showed he was going to surpass him, and then he learned rasen shuriken which probably could have put him like right under kakashi and then sage mode happened. so no its not all of a sudden.

>He should have an easier time in SM because he wouldn't even need to look at his enemy to track him. Even better if he has frogs around to undo the spell for him.
huh? the only thing said to counter the sharingan was
>deidara (something about straining the eyes)
>bee because of partner
>gai looking at the feet(which is bullshit)
I mean he has the frog but as pain has shown, they are deadweight.
>>
>>156276962
Probably correct and explains me dropping shippuden manga
>>
>>156276962
Kiba a shit, it should have been Shino instead. Not only it fits the theme of being rescued by the sand ninja they previously fought, but his bugs would be a counter to the conjoined twins body takeover.
>>
>>156281737
The 1000 clones training is an asspull. No one ever brought it up until that point despite having years to train, and no one brought it up after that point either.

>huh? the only thing said to counter the sharingan was
>bee because of partner
Frog is a partner. And they're not deadweight but high level summons with deadly moves, good support and lots of knowledge. The giant ones are pretty strong too.

>gai looking at the feet(which is bullshit)
Sage Mode is even more likely to make that work because muh sensing.
>>
>>156276962
Twas the last good arc before the series descended into complete shit
>>
>>156276962

Was that the save Sasuke arc?
>>
>>156281351
>from shitty Chunin level
You're fucking delusional if you think that highly of chunin or that lowly of Naruto at that time
>>
>>156281871
>The 1000 clones training is an asspull.
didn't he start off with 10?
> No one ever brought it up until that point despite having years to train, and no one brought it up after that point either.
well because that training was specifically designed for him since he was the only able to do many
>>
>>156282064
He was a shitter at beginning of Shippuden though. Supposedly "improved his basics" since part 1 but that barely shows. Although he arguably was a bit better than a Chunin in part 1 so yeah, he'd be a solid Chunin in part 2 I guess?

>>156282088
>well because that training was specifically designed for him since he was the only able to do many
Yeah but Kakashi thinking of that at this precise moment so Naruto can make more progress in a week than he did in 3 years was a plot convenience. It's not too bad because powerlevels are bullshit in most manga but it's not good writing though.
>>
>>156281818
Shino can't track as fast as kiba. The main reason Kiba was on the team. It was a pursuit mission.
>>
Hidan/Kakuzu arc was better
>>
>>156282269
Kiba was on the team because Tsunade couldn't afford anyone stopping a traitor who was on his way to give the Sharingan to the guy who invaded the village 2 months earlier and almost killed Tsunade and Jiraya last time they met.

Gotta keep your priorities straight, after all. Keep all your ninjas in shitty "find my cat" missions, send teenagers in very important state affairs and wait until they got hurt to use all your resources trying to save them from death.

what the fuck Kishimoto
>>
>>156280699
Rasenshuriken and sage mode were acceptable (at first) because he actually had to train to use them and they were more or less single use techniques. I feel like they were the beginning of the "fuck actual combat, we got magic" downfall of Naruto, but nowhere near super saiyan jesus mode or magic eyeball megazord level.
>>
>>156282469
well it is pretty shitty, but they explained it that time was of the essence and most of the people were on missions and the only people that were available were people on leave. of course you're gonna ask why they didn't send anbu , I have an answer for that too. danzo was a partner to orochimaru so he probably purposely didn't send them out or send them out to other missions
>>
>>156282507
They had more strategy elements involved. Rasenshuriken at first was just a mega Rasengan but the only time it was used, it only worked with the old clone switcheroo.
Sage Mode + throwable Rasenshuriken involved many tactics and feints to get around the natural energy limitation, the 2 Rasenshuriken per sage mode, the "only 4 clones" thing and had some pretty cool attacks like that invisible natural punch. It also made Naruto a taijutsu powerhouse which is a pretty interesting return to root after the Rasengan spam he's been doing since he learned it. And it could still dish out big explosions as we've seen.

Replacing it with Super Saiyan was a mistake.
>>
>>156281351
>using the 1000 clones asspull.
>Using a clearly established technique to your advantage is an asspull.
>>
>>156282803
The technique was established. Its use for incredible training results was a one-time plot device.
It's kinda sad when you only need to change one or two things to erase most of Kishimoto's mistakes.
>>
>>156282803
Not him, but it never made sense to me. If all clones start out the same, how many of them are should make no difference in how they progress in their training.
>>
>>156282950
It makes sense though. When they pop, what they learned go back to the original. So if 10 of them are practicing wind chakra manipulation, each of their failures and the information that goes with it will be given back to the original.
>>
>>156282778
I think even super saiyan mode was acceptable since it felt more like an advanced sage mode(which doesn't make sense from what we've seen from bee who mastered jinchuriki mode) but I think that this was the real asspull.

>>156282950
it was supposed be implied basic math. kind like the time chamber in dragonball. thats all.it was supposed the cumulative thought of how to do a technique.
>>
>>156276962
i wish someone else would get the highlight instead of burrito darude
>>
File: NarutoSageMode-1.jpg~original.jpg (69KB, 580x824px) Image search: [Google]
NarutoSageMode-1.jpg~original.jpg
69KB, 580x824px
>>156283063
The problem with the super saiyan mode was that it made every technique easier to pull.
Trying hard to land Rasengans? Forget that, just use your extensible chakra arms for that.
Refilling your chakra? No need for that, you have so much of it.
Using other techniques like summons and all so you can try to work around your enemies like that? No way, unless you need a Sannins reference, then you can get a frog for 10 seconds I guess.
>>
>>156283055
>So if 10 of them are practicing wind chakra manipulation, each of their failures and the information that goes with it will be given back to the original.
Yeah, but if they started the same, they will try out the same thing when practicing chakra manipulation, so how is it useful to do the same wrong thing 10 times? It's not the same as a single person trying 10 times, because he will try something different from what didn't work on the previous attempt.
>>
I found it weird that Naruto went from slightly above Sakura tier to the strongest person in the village in basically half of an arc.
>>
>>156283356
I think that in such a scenario, the conditions would be slightly different for each of them. In the sense that the decisions we'd make trying to do something that delicate would depend on environment, current mental state and lots of very small factors that'd vary all the time, eventually leading to different mistakes and wisdoms. If that was the case, you probably wouldn't learn 1000 times more for 1000 clones, but something like 20, 50, or 100 times maybe?

Now I kinda wish that stuff existed.
>>
>>156283332
he was fighting the white zetsu which were basically fodder. the only actual fight with saiyan mode was against itachi and nagato. and even though they were just sparring he was still having a hard time.

>>156283447
>I found it weird that Naruto went from slightly above Sakura tier
>sakura tier
>a tier which only has sakura
heres your (you)
>>
I only watched the first 4 episodes. Did anything good happen after that? No spoilers please.
>>
>>156283570
no. bye.
>>
>>156283550
Well if we compare them up until the Pain Arc, they did about the same. This is obviously discounting Naruto's fox power though.
>>
Reminder that Kimmimaro died on his own and the others were because of the sand, but Neji and Chouji straight up murdered their opponents
>>
>>156283692
Naruto did get a tier higher during the Kakuzu arc to be fair.
>>
>>156283745
>ninjas killing people
Imagine that.
>>
>>156283829
>ninjas killing people
>in naruto
Kek
>>
>goes on a timeskip training with Jiraiya
>when he comes back, he sucks pretty much the same as before
What was Kishimoto thinking?
>>
>>156283745
Did Naruto ever kill anyone? I dropped it after the first post timeskip arc.
>>
>>156283985
Nope
>>
>>156283811
Kakashi and Shikamaru already took out half of Kakazu's hearts though. And Naruto would've probably died if Yamato wasn't there to save him after his attack failed.
>>
>>156283985
Technically he doomed Kakuzu to death, but Kakashi was the one who landed the final blow.

The interesting part was when he went out of his way to spare Pain.
>>
>>156284034
Kakuzu still had 3 hearts. I think even Kakashi would've had a hard time doing what Naruto did.
>>
>>156284003
He unintentionally killed the sand ninja disguised as Itachi
>>
>>156276962
>establish chuunin-level opponents with the Demon Brothers
>establish jonin-level opponents with Zabuza and Haku
>shit all over those definitions in the sequel
>>
Sasuke Recapture/rescue arc was the only good arc in naruto, including zabuza.
>>
>>156284269
>Demon Brothers
You mean the guys Sauce BTFO'd without breaking a sweat?
>>
Why can't /a/ stop being so tsundere for Naruto? I know like 90% of you fags secretly love it.
>>
>>156284454
He took out their cool chain, but there was no indication of how the fight would have gone after that.
>>
>>156284396
It was a mediocre arc, not even one of the bests. Just a string of predictable fights and homolust.
>>
>>156276962
It definitely was a climax of the series. I lost all interest when Shippuden started but regained a bit during a few of those arcs.
>>
>>156284554
>predictabe fights

Its fucking naruto. This is all relative. At least this time we got a relatively new cast with a new set of abilities. Most didn't even win on their own until sand team bailed them out. Every other fight in the entire manga ends with either "muh clones" or "muh rasengan".
>>
>>156284663
I'm not really complaining about the fights themselves but more on the "we chase them down and one stay behind fighting one of our guys so we can chase them down again and repeat this".
Maybe it's just my autism here but that's pretty lazy.
>>
>>156276962
I'm surprised that Kidomaru almost beat Neji though. Neji was OP as fuck in Part 1
>>
>>156284747
Its a very predictable setup, I admit, but I consider it a timeless classic.
>>
>>156284839
Fair enough. I liked the previous arc a lot more so I'm more harsh on Sasuke's rescue. The search for Tsunade mixed travel, training, bonding, action and flashbacks in a relatively non-conventional way so that's the one which sticked to my mind.

Also, dem opening.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l3IaNrnthS8
>>
>>156284757
The sound 4 were supposed to be very high tier as in Orochimaru's elite team tier.
>>
>>156284974
Seishun Kyosokyoku was best
>>
>>156284974
Openong 4 was great, but 5 is best naruto opening.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Psr4rq-ICu8
>>
>>156285101
>>156285121
pretty good and nostalgic but not as comfy

i'm a man who needs his dose of chill
>>
>>156285046
Then how did Chouji beat one of them?
FUCKING CHOUJI
>>
>>156285455
That's actually good writing. Choji was strong (at least in some contexts) and the narration didn't spend a shit ton of pages to hype him up, for a change.
>>
>>156285455
He cheated
>>
File: 1394702517232.jpg (27KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1394702517232.jpg
27KB, 640x480px
I think Naruto really lost out on a lot of entertainment value when it decided to stop giving people abilities that were down to earth or trickery based. Zabuza, Haku, Kakashi, even Naruto and Sasuke at some point all relied on misdirection and it was pretty interesting to see them fight.

I actually thought Pain was a very cool fighter in that regard. He didn't get by because he could drop the biggest meteors (except that one body with the dumb plot-powered telekinesis abilities), he was a one man army with highly specialized "teammates".
>>
>>156285455
dude drugs lmao
>>
>>156285587
>except that one body with the dumb plot-powered telekinesis abilities
You mean the main one?
>>
>>156285455
If it makes it any better Jirobo is supposedly the weakest of the sound 4 and he is supposed to be real fucking dumb too.
The only thing he had going on for him was his brute strength, the only thing chouji had to do to beat him was out brute force him and that is his clan's specialty.
>>
>>156285714
Yeah. If he could just blow an entire village the fuck out in one go, why bother with any other bodies at all?
>>
>>156285587
My only real issue with the power creep was that plain old taijutsu was just something that happend occasionally.
Usuallynthe beat fights in the series are the fights with taijutsu.
>>
>>156285781
Because the survivors can then fuck him in the ass. The nuke destroyed the village but didn't kill that many people compared to the other bodies' rampage.

What I like with Pain is that he mixes both trickery and OP attacks with all his bodies. It's like an old-school Naruto fight, but on steroids.
>>
What arc are you specifying here?
>>
>>156287134
The great tea race.
>>
>>156287134
If you've read the series it should be obvious by the picture.
>>
honestly the 1st 2 shippuden arcs weren't good but they weren't bad, they were meh

on the other hand everything from the moment Naruto beats Pain onwards just felt like Kishimoto was trying to see how bad he could make Naruto without completely fucking up the sales
>>
>>156287787
JAPANESE HITLER
>>
>>156276962

Nah, I couldn't enjoy it because I never understood the love for sausage. Entire time I was thinking why the fuck do they care so much about that edgy faggot. He was always an asshole to everyone around him. Let him go.

Naruto went straight to the shitter right after Gaara vs Naruto fight ended. Akatsuki intro was cool but ruined by Saucegay going full edge.
>>
>>156288643
I think it really went to shit with the war. The 5 Kage summit was at least fun and had some okay fights with Sauce getting his shit handed to him.
>>
Sage mode was probably the last acceptable powerup that Naruto got, or at least the by far coolest one. I guess kyuubi chakra mode was okay too since he had to defeat Kurama for it and the only thing it did was making him extremely fast. But Tailed Beast Mode and well, bullshit god powers were pretty shitty.
>>
>>156288812
that's true, I actually enjoyed the beggining of the 5 Kage Summit, but then it all came down the moment Naruto had that retarded heart attack

so I guess the leaf's revival was the worst moment of the series but the heart attack was the turning point
>>
File: Neji_Part_I_Screenshot.png (1MB, 1438x1077px) Image search: [Google]
Neji_Part_I_Screenshot.png
1MB, 1438x1077px
Reminder that Kishimoto planned Boruto as of Chapter 20 or whenever Neji was introduced.

Reminder that only a few chapters later, Zaku says his jutsu will be the jutsu of the future and it literally does in the form of the jutsu gun.

Reminder that Haku had two Kekkei Genkai in one, mist and ice power, and is the only person in the series outside of the Fifth Mizukage, Kimimaro, and Kaguya to do so (and Kakuzu but he doesn't really count).
>>
>>156281225
>but sharingan uses genjutsu which we shown naruto has a terrible time with
Except he's literally immune to genjutsu once he befriended Kurama.
>>
>>156289130
You again. Can't you just fuck off already? Your theories of how Kishimoto planned it all from the start are retarded.
>>
>>156277521
>muh Zabuza

It's true, though. The first several chapters are poorly written. The Zabuza arc is a pretty middling story with some potential set up. The Chunin Exam was ripped straight from the Hunter Exams, and so directly it's actually amusing.

Naruto's "good" qualities are a good chunk of the Zabuza arc, Lee v Gaara, a couple fights between the Chunin Exams and Sasuke v Naruto at the Valley of the End, and a couple character designs. That's really it.
>>
>>156289228
>Sasuke v Naruto at the Valley of the End
Pretty shit fight. Tsunade's arc was better. Kakuzu/Hidan and Pain were better too.
>>
>>156289337
Not arguing that it's anything but shit, I'm just saying that that entire length of the series only had a few fights to its credit. I also forgot to mention Kakuzu/Hidan.

Pain doesn't get credit because it's a bunch of payoff that the series didn't actually set up properly and terrible writing surrounding a decent fight sequence.
>>
>>156276962
I liked all the arcs up until the War to be honest. I wish Kishimoto skipped it entirely and just got straight to the ending.
>>
>>156289228
then its not muh zabuza arc
a good chunk of the story of naruto is in naruto and not shippuden
>>
>>156277076
Sage mode was well deserved and had synergy with shadow clones. It also encouraged taijutsu which is best animated fight style.
>>
>>156289581
I want to say thevwar arc is bad, but I remember absolutely nothing of it.
I remember some stuff from the games, but I don't remember anything from what happend in the manga.
>>
>>156291214
>I want to say the war arc is bad, but I remember absolutely nothing of it.
its bad, its naruto just going around and destroying white zetsu, it becomes ok when madara shows up.
>>
>>156280699
>Don't forget he supposedly surpassed Kakashi with his Rasenshuriken.
I always took that to mean that Rasenshuriken was more powerful than anything in Kakashi's repertoire, not that Naruto inventing Rasenshuriken somehow hurled him to be more powerful than Kakashi.
>>
>>156291463
I got the same idea, but that still means Naruto can be as capable as Kakashi in some contexts. He mostly needed refining and a way to apply this destructive power properly, which Sage Mode gave him, along with a bunch of other bonuses.
>>
I don't know, I dropped Naruto after episode 1 because it was the dumbest fucking thing I've ever watched.
>>
@156292212
Here's a (You), but you don't deserve it.
>>
>>156291463
Same Kakashi stated Naruto had a far bigger chakra pool than him pulling such a technique wouldn't mean he surpassed him just he can throw bigger things.
>>
>>156291116
>this
If he just developed a new flashy jutsu it would be DBZ (or great ninja war :^))
>>
It was acceptable until the end of Pein's arc in Shippuden, after all that Pen went through and saw, and how firm his beliefs were, it all falls in the water after one talk with Naruto. Bullshit. I can swallow some "winning someone over with talk" shit, especially in Shounen, but that was too much because Pein was a different kind of character.
Also, Jiraya vs Pein is the best fight, that ending is perfect
>mfw Jiraya finally realizing what's the deal about Pein
>he looks at all of their faces, surrounded by them
>he gets killed just then
I get a boner every time something like this (someone finally realizing the truth and then being killed off) happens. Same was with Penber's death in Death Note.
>>
>>156294159
>but that was too much because Pein was a different kind of character.
True. It didn't make sense for his character to act like that, but storywise it wasn't that stupid since Naruto would be breaking the string of revenge (and Nagato was already down)
Maybe it would have been better had it ended there (or if Konoha wasn't revived)
>>
>>156294435
It definitely would have been better, but I'd be lying if I didn't enjoy the blatant fanservice in the War arc, that being the revival of the old characters like Zabuza
It's Naruto anyways, I never took it seriously and enjoyed the ride all throughout
Although I think that the original Naruto is a solid shounen
>>
>>156294435
>Maybe it would have been better had it ended there (or if Konoha wasn't revived)
>what is a king without his people
if they didn't, the few that survive would have to take refuge somewhere else.
>>
File: 6.jpg (297KB, 1195x506px) Image search: [Google]
6.jpg
297KB, 1195x506px
>Despite the large time skip.
>Kakashi never had a wife or child.
Just fuck my shit up.
>>
>>156296443
I'm pretty sure he resigned himself to being alone, which makes sense from all the backstory of almost everyone around him dies.but honestly its pretty cruel, I mean its like as soon as asuma and that girl got married, he dies which is probably another thing.
>>
>>156296443
>be one of the most famous ninja of the generation
>get a love interest
>some asshole bounty hunter takes her hostage to try and get at you
I can see why he wouldn't want that.
>>
chimera ant arc is the best arc of any shounen anime
prove me wrong
>>
>>156289418
The whole Pain fight makes a lot more sense with the Nagato flashbacks
>>
>>156297091
unless youre counting the entirety of fmab as an arc, then sure
>>
>>156296443
why did she have to get fat...
>>
>>156296443
He made Asuma's daughter his private concubine that he double teams with Gai when he goes on vacation.
So all is well ends well.
So
>>
Can we talk about how Team Konohamaru in just one movie and a few new chapters is clearly superior to Team 7?

Like, when I see Team Konohamaru, I actually feel like they like each other and will have each others backs. I know Kishimoto wanted us to believe that with Team 7 but because of the way the early story went, we missed out on them bonding and it was replaced with "extreme empathy" on Naruto's part.
>>
Undeniable arc rankings

Introduction+Zabuza: Great start
Chuunin exam: Good until the tournament where it slides slowly down into "okay"
Konoha Invasion: Good
Search for Tsunade: Great
Sasuke Retrieval: Okay
Rescue Gaara: Meh
Sasuke and Sai: Okay
Hidan and Kakuzu: Great
Itachi and Jiraiya: Itachi part is when the story starts really focusing too much on Sasuke and it's boring. Jiraiya part is great
Pain Invasion: Okay until that fucking ending
Five Kage Summit: Shit
Naruto Training: Meh (Minato and Kushina stuff was great)
War: It's essentially a jump up and down in terms of quality going more and more into shit the longer it goes on with some spikes like Madara doing anything
>>
>>156299137
>Good until the tournament where it slides slowly down into "okay"
No.
Everything else is spot on.
>>
>>156298888
It's just the new team 7, but this time

Boruto = Naruto
Sarada = Sasuke
Mitsuki = Sakura

But in a way Sarada is more of an edgelord personality so the group dynamic is a bit different compared to the old team 7. Mitsuki is too friendly and nice to really be the Sasuke of the group, if anything they made Sarada out to be a female Sasuke.
>>
>>156299472
>It's just the new team 7
Of course it is in terms of looks, but in terms of interpersonal character dynamics, they are much different

>Sarada is more of an edgelord personality
How exactly?
>>
>>156298888
>Boruto is a shitty Naruto.
>Mitsuki and Sarada are a good Sasuke and Sakura.

That's the only funny thing about this team.
>>
>>156299137
True on the war bit, everyone says it's just shit, but there are some pretty good parts. Most parts involving the revived kages were great, especially our man Tobirama
>>
File: p_000212-1.jpg (89KB, 782x526px) Image search: [Google]
p_000212-1.jpg
89KB, 782x526px
>>156299609
>Sarada is more of an edgelord personality
>How exactly?
She is an Uchiha fucking shit obviously.
>>
>>156300287
That's like the only edgy time
>>
>>156300353
And it is only a matter of time untill there are more.
She is biologically proven to be a ticking timebomb, just like all the other Uchihas.
>>
>>156300497
>The Uchiha love too much

Fucking hell Kishi, what kind of bullshit was that.
>>
>>156300590
He wasn't.
>>
>>156300497
nah, she seems more like shisui at heart but with karin antics. decent tsundere but it will get old if they don't let her grow out of it.

speaking of "more uchiha," isn't their technically an en entire school worth of Shin? some of them look fucked up up as hell but surely a few of them could lock down some kunoichi to continue the bloodline beyond just hoping boruto and sarada have a bunch of kids
>>
>>156300862
Their eyeballs aren't their own, they were just cloned and popped in. Any offspring wouldn't have sharingan unless they were cloned too
>>
File: latest-8.png (559KB, 880x1010px) Image search: [Google]
latest-8.png
559KB, 880x1010px
>>156300862
Shisui is like that, because he comes from a lineage from "defective" Uchihas that aren't born with their clans genetic defect.

The Shins aren't actually Uchiha's they are clones of a guy who can implant any body part ontonhis body without any risk of his body rejecting it.
They are cloned with the sharingan implants, the fact that they never turn their sharingan off just proves that they can't use it like the Uchiha do.
Saying that their kids will get the sharingan is like saying Kakashi's kid would get the sharingan when he still had it.
>>
>>156300497
I hate to admit this, but she's not purely Uchiha. She's got Haruno as well to offset it
>>
>>156294159
>Hughes
>>
>>156301056
No, the original one isn't Uchiha, his clones were spliced with Uchiha DNA
>>
>>156301177
>the uchihas only salvation for being not shit is letting pinkshit genes neuter the uchiha genome.
I betet the other Uchiha clansmen in ninja afterlife wish Itachi just finished the job and killed everysingle one of them during tge massacre, because this truly is a fate worse than death.
>>
>>156301312
But it still works like implants since they can't turn it off like a sharingan implant.
>>
>>156301415
>2017
>Still bashing Sakura

Honestly, it's getting tiring.
>>
>>156301456
I'm not sure if that's true, but the clones' eyes are natural
>>
>>156301552
They all have the same ms if they truly had sharingan gene inside of them they would all have a different ms orbatbthe very least notbthe one the OG shin had.
>>
>>156301531
On the contrary, doesn't look like anyone is ever going to get tired of it
>>
>>156301679
Which makes me pity them. Having that much hatred for a fictional character is not healthy.
>>
>>156301731
It's really not a big deal. Sky is blue, grass is green, and Sakura is shit. It's just the way of the world, no hatred involved
>>
>>156301818
How is Sakura shit when there are characters worse than her, like Karin? The Sakura hate is more of a meme than anything else.
>>
Sakura in all the material after chapter 699 where she's an adult is like a thousand times better than manga Sakura
>>
>>156301920
>Only one character can be shit
>In fucking Naruto, of all things
Are you dumb?
>>
>>156301631
They're clones
>>
>>156301963
Yes, the eyes themselves are also cloned
>>
>>156301960
Just saying, the Sakura bashing is unfounded.
>>
>>156282803
Adding new rules to one of the earliest shown techniques is indeed an asspull.
>>
>>156289136
How can Kurama render him immune to sharingan genjutsu when he is especially susceptible to it himself?
>>
>>156302000
There may be characters worse than her but I am pretty sure Sakura is in the very very low tier of decent characters
>>
>>156302000
No one cares enough to dig up an obscure shit character to complain about when there's one front and center
>>
>>156283745
What happened to the qt flute ninja, I remember her just being unconscious after being blown away by Temari, or did she actually die too?
>>
>>156302039
Naruto gets trapped but not Kurama who can disturb his chakra flow.
>>
>>156302121
No, she died

She got zombie'd in the war but she died there too
>>
>>156288812
>The 5 Kage summit was at least fun and had some okay fights with Sauce getting his shit handed to him.
The first fight is a 1v4 against the Kage and he cripples one of them for life and escapes to successfully assassinate the 5th. The only people who ever handed Sauce his ass after the timeskip are Itachi and B.
>>
>Naruto has still never beaten Sauce
Fuck you Kishi. And no, the "Sasuke said that he won so he won" shit doesn't count.
>>
>>156298677
>Can apparently regrow an arm for Naruto
>Guy is still stuck on a wheelchair with his broken leg after stalling Madara

Why though?
>>
>>156298677
I'll be mad forever that Mirai isn't the new main jounin instead of Konohamaru.
>>
>>156302292
>1v4
Did Onoki actually do anything?
>>
>>156302299
Naruto did technically win because unlike Sasuke, he wasn't fighting to kill.
>>
>>156302299
To be fair after Pain, Naruto could almost constantly kill Sasuke. Even in their first fight at VotE, Sasuke had a bunch of asspull power-ups to keep up.
>>
>>156302122
Right, but Sasuke has already proven he can eye-slap kurama at any point in time, so this strategy is useless against a sharingan.

>>156302299
Why wouldn't a victory by forfeit count?
>>
>>156302552
>Sasuke has already proven he can eye-slap kurama at any point in time
That was only a thing at the beginning of part 2 when Naruto didn't want to use the fox. Otherwise he'd have done it to Kurama during their final fight.
>>
>>156302487
>>156302534
>>156302552
>>156302552
Why couldn't we just have Naruto standing over an unconscious Sasuke?
>>
>>156302608
Because Naruto isn't a competitive faggot like Sauce.
>>
>>156302608
Because Nips seem to love Sasuke and would have a heart attack if he were to actually lose, even if it was to the MAIN character.
>>
>>156277076
blame kishimoto for muh sasuke
uchiha are the worst part of the series
>>
>>156302432
Madara TObito bailed Sasuke at the last millisecond. Onoki would have turned Sasuke into dust.
>>
File: Hiashi's keikaku.png (282KB, 2198x1480px) Image search: [Google]
Hiashi's keikaku.png
282KB, 2198x1480px
>>156289130
threadly reminder
>>
>>156301241
FUCK YOU CUNT
>>
>>156302292
what? the first fight was Ay, Darui and C vs Sasuke, Suigetsu and Juugo

and the only reason Sasuke didn't die was because of Gaara (evendoe Ay would lose a leg as well)
>>
File: C-IZzioUQAAn3cz.jpg (74KB, 787x801px) Image search: [Google]
C-IZzioUQAAn3cz.jpg
74KB, 787x801px
Does she not wear any underwear?
>>
>>156302690
You can only imagine the autistic backlash that would've happened if Sasuke died. Poor Naruto isn't even the most popular character in his own manga in nipland anyway
>>
>>156304239
I'm not counting anyone not a kage (or kage level) because no one else even poses an obstacle to Sauce at that point. Also, claiming Sauce was going to die is stupid considering the Raikage had demonstrated no ability to successfully breach Susanno.
>>
>>156300105
>True on the war bit, everyone says it's just shit, but there are some pretty good parts
The problem is the good parts are maybe 10% of the arc and it was like, what 3 years or something?
>>
>>156305834
>spoiler
you'd be surprised at how many people liek sasuke and not just early sasuke but shippuden sasuke as well.
>>
>>156302317
isn't it because he wouldn't be compatible with it? probably same reason why sasuke didn't get one. and dont ask me about danzo cause I dont have an answer.
>>156299137
>Five Kage Summit: Shit
I feel like this should be changed to
>only good thing is danzo getting his shit kicked in.
>>
>>156309720
Honestly even that wasn't that enjoyable because the fight was so boring

I would have given it points if Karin had actually died though
>>
>>156309811
>get crushed
>nope it was all a dream
>get mashed
>all a dreamed
>get burned
>dream
>get shuriken
>what part of dream dont you get
izanami was fucking horrible and bullshit and its only ever used again by itachi.
>>
>>156304981
She's chubby so nobody is looking
>>
>>156309982
I would pork her if you know what I mean.when she comes of age and still just "chubby"
>>
>>156299137
>Itachi and Jiraiya: Itachi part is when the story starts really focusing too much on Sasuke and it's boring. Jiraiya part is great

I would actually go far enough to say that the Sasuke hunting Itachi arc is the worst arc in the series, and possibly the worst arc among the Big Three

>Orochimaru dies like a bitch despite being THE villain of part 1. Twice
>Sasuke is a bland main character
>Introduces Hebi/Taka, who are probably the most pointless characters in the series
>Naruto and pals spend the whole arc wandering around accomplishing nothing
>Deidara's fight ends with "the great snake escape," the first unforgivably large asspull in the series
>In a twist that makes zero sense, Tobi is actually the Akatsuki leader all along.
>Sasuke vs Itachi is full of crappy Genjutsu spam
>Itachi was a good guy who loved his brother all along guys! Just ignore that he tortured Kakashi and Sasuke, while aiding in the capture of at least one tailed-beast
>Sasuke decides to destroy Konoha for no fucking reason

Everything that didn't involve Jiraya and Pain was pure suffering. Not to mention it's the second longest arc in the series (unless you count the Chuunin Exams and Konoha Invasion as one arc). At least the war had a few good fights and introduced relevant and enjoyable characters.
>>
>>156310486
He may have been pointless, but Suigetsu was my nigga
>>
>>156310486
It's not just the Sasuke hunting Itachi part. That entire arc can be broken down into a bunch of mistakes
-Sasuke kills Orochimaru unceremoniously
-Sasuke gathers 3 literally whos, and in retrospect, you realize they were only around so he'd have someone to talk to since they serve no real purpose in the story
-Sasuke fights Deidara and wins to an asspull
-Then Sasuke fights Itachi and we know how that goes
-Then Itachi did nothing wrong
-Then Sasuke goes full Akatsuki and goes after Bee

Meanwhile while all of this is happening, Naruto and co. are jumping through trees
>>
>>156311133
That's exactly what I just said. Did you just ignore the greentext?
>>
>>156310486
>Not to mention it's the second longest arc in the series (unless you count the Chuunin Exams and Konoha Invasion as one arc)
I was wrong about this one. The Sasuke Retrieval arc was also longer. It's still the longest Part 2 arc besides the War.
>>
>>156311202
Sorry, I was just trying to say "this sequence of events" compared to "this other sequence of events"
>>
>>156302292
Sasuke would have died against the mizukage had white zetsu not sapped her and everybody elses chakra and given it to sasuke to escape
>>
>>156311372
Is it funny that I can tell you the exact sequence of arcs in Part 1 but can't for the life of me piece together the arcs in Part 2?

Part 1 may have been shorter, but also the arcs had a logical flow.

>Intro
>Team 7 has first mission with Zabuza/IceBoy
>They have exactly 1 mission before the Exam, which includes the Tournament
>During the tournament Orochimaru invades
>Orochimaru kills the third, so they need to go find Tsunade
>Orochimaru also fucked Sasuke up during the the invasion, so he runs away and they go chase after him

For Part 2, I can basically just list off the major events and I have no idea what happens in between (or even most of the order)

>Fun times in GaaraLand
>Asuma dies, Shikamaru avenges him
>Jiraiya dies, Naruto defeats Pain and becomes a hero
>Sasuke does some boring stuff. Along the way Itachi dies and apparently Danzo is bad.
>BIG WAR
>>
>>156276962
Naruto was screwed as soon as the Chunin exams started because the plot just fucking skipped all the most important shit. AKA Naruto actually learning to become a ninja and bonding with his teammates. The entire rest of the fucking serious relies on that having happened even though it didn't happen and they basically did 1 mission gone wrong and an exam where they were mostly separated and after that everybody has a massive bond for no reason at all and our incredible master ninjas.
>>
>>156313196
>and bonding with his teammates.
I think this, above all things, is just something the manga forgot to do. I just don't believe his bond as much as Kishimoto wants me to
>>
>>156313300
I don't buy it at all. It destroys the entire series for me and I'll never be able to deal with it since its one of the most important building blocks of the entire story. I've heard that it was his editors idea to go to the chunin exams after zabuza and that was the worst idea ever. Also makes the early episodes a fucking betrayal as well.
Everything that's set up is fucking irrelevant. I'll never understand how Naruto has continued to be so huge when they just decided not to write half the bloody story.
>>
>>156313196
One of the reasons why the anime filler do strangely serve a purpose.
>>
>8 trigram 64 palms

What even is a Trigram?
>>
>>156313448
I don't think I actually got that far. It only would have meant anything if it weant before the exams.
>>
>>156313505
That fucking shit made me look like an idiot in middle school. In English we had to write down as many words with certain suffixes that we could in a limited time, and one of them was -gram. I wrote down trigram just because it came to me thanks to this and my teacher looked at me like I was a fucking retard when I couldn't explain what it actually was
>>
>>156313505
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bagua
Thread posts: 209
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.