/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Evangelion

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 7

File: EVAvectorbackround18.png (1020KB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
EVAvectorbackround18.png
1020KB, 3840x2160px
How deep is to deep? Discuss.
>>
4.44 when
Is it even still happening
>>
>>156126307
3.0+1.0 is such a shit title for the movie
>>
>>156126307
>>156126999
My bet is it'll go back into permanent hiatus again. After this long, there's no way that Anno can mount the effort for his shitty movie.
>>
File: death.png (118KB, 278x348px) Image search: [Google]
death.png
118KB, 278x348px
>Khara has just begun hiring its main animation team for 4.0

It's never going to be finished, is it?
>>
>>156128301
We can only hope.
>>
Are the rebuilds even worth watching?
>>
>>156126110
There was a "meme" I saw once a few years back. It had a guy looking into a deep hole and he either climbed into it or fell into it. In it was a bunch of people discussing eva. Then the one guy fucked the guy who fell into the hole in the ass while shouting "WHAT'S THE MATTER? TOO DEEP FOR YOU?"
I believe that is too deep.
>>
>>156128301
What if we end-up with something like Phantom Pain?
>Team loses budget
>Still forced to complete product somehow
>Fans are angered and want more
>Leaks of true ending
>What could have been
>>
>>156126110
it's not that fucking deep, people
it just requires you to not be easily distracted
>>
>>156129390
Stfu KID you've clearly not seen the show
>>
The original series isnt as deep as people think

All the religious imagery is there to look cool and have no real depth to it, but people kept trying to understand it before the ps2 game and the manga gave us some explanations of the mythology, of the setting, thus the confusion.

The character psychology has some merit to it, a lot of people relate with some of it, but still isnt that hard to get. Everyone is depressed, there are some sad backstories, some Freud memes thrown around.

The presentation is pretty good though.

I refuse to watch the rebuilds because i know it will just hurt me to see EoE ending squandered.
>>
>>156126110
No such thing. Actually no, there is, but anime has never been close to it. Definitely not Eva.
>>
>>156131478
>All the religious imagery is there to look cool and have no real depth to it
I know Anno has stated this but it's simply not true

What is the title Asuka gives this wall here? The Wall of Jericho

The wall infamously known in the Old Testament for being taken down by sound
>>
>>156131590

I agree, SOME religious imagery have meaning, but most dont. The wall of Jericho and parts of EoE are the exceptions to the rule.

I mean, whats the deep religious meaning for Sandalphon (the magmadiver angel) appearence?
>>
>>156131711
I don't know personally

Stealing shit straight off of Wikipedia:

>He is said to appear before the feminine presence of the Shekhinah
Awakens infront of Asuka
>The name Sandalphon, the protector of unborn children
Reflecting its embryonic state when found
>elevated to angelic status
Developing into a full angel
>>
>>156129013
1 and 2, I guess
They're more or less Evangelion with good animation
>>
>>156132123

Eh, i will give anno the benefit of the doubt, but i think its reaching.
>>
>>156129228
That's basically what the TV ending to Eva was though
>>
>>156126307
4.44 It Will not Happen!
>>
>>156132322
The first point is really reaching the but entire concept of the embryo is spot on when you consider this is the only angel like this
>>
>>156129228

That is the TV ending, and i honestly think that just cancelling 4.0 might be the better move. The stakes of completely ruining the little left of the fucking franchise are too high and not worth it. Learn when to fold'em.
>>
File: t497.jpg (32KB, 716x538px) Image search: [Google]
t497.jpg
32KB, 716x538px
>>156126110
The only deep thing about Evangelion is the convoluted lore.

Everything relating to the characters is textbook psychology and easy to figure out if you're a human being with emotions.
They even spoonfeed you their entire character arcs and motivations in the last two episodes.
>>
>>156129013
I think they are.
They're god tier animation with a pretty average story. The main issue with them is the fact that they live in Evangelion's shadow. On the meta level there is the whole Authorial intent thing with Anno and it's certainly interesting from that standpoint.

But the fact that the characters in the rebuilds are so shallow compared to those of the original series is a big hurdle to get over.

>>156133308
We need to collate those books and send them to all the post modernists. Until that happens Eva has a purpose to serve.
>>
>>156133308

>The only deep thing about Evangelion is the convoluted lore.

I strongly disagree. After 20 something years running Dragon Ball and One Piece have convoluted lore due sheer size. It doesnt make it deep at all.

When you actually get to read the lore explained on the manga / games, its pretty simple, even if a little extensive.

The characterization might be very simplistic to anyone that has actually studied psychology, but i particularly think its the meat of the series. Also the anime character pool has been so stagnant very few other titles come even close in character psychology, even though not being that advanced. The medium is just simply not taking any risk.
>>
Not really related to the OP but I just had a dream that I was on vacation with Shinji, Asuka and Misato. It was like one of those episodes from the middle of the series before shit really gets real, but there wasn't even an angel or anything. Super fucking comfy.
>tfw you will never be an anime
>>
File: kys anime.jpg (14KB, 200x300px) Image search: [Google]
kys anime.jpg
14KB, 200x300px
>>156133546
>>
Evangelion only went 2deep4u on the last episode now Lain was pretentious garbage from start to finish
>>
File: 008.jpg (255KB, 1200x1743px) Image search: [Google]
008.jpg
255KB, 1200x1743px
>>156126110
too*
>>
Ideon be invoked is better.
I still like Eva though.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.