[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Evangelion

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: Everyone claps.png (469KB, 639x459px) Image search: [Google]
Everyone claps.png
469KB, 639x459px
I just finished watching the series. What next, /a/? I'm curious to see End of Evangelion, but do I watch Death & Rebirth first or does it really matter?
>>
I wouldn't really bother with Death & Rebirth personally, just watch EoE.
>>
>>156080225
thanks anon!
>>
>>156080033
Nice dubs,
You don't need to watch death & rebirth, but you will not be prepared for the end.
>>
>>156080391
>you will not be prepared for the end.
So do I watch Death & Rebirth?
>>
>>156080443
No i mean by this, you will not expect waht will be in this film. if i say more it's spoil.
good luck space anon
>>
>>156080033
enjoy your trip anon
>>
>>156080033

Did you watch the Directors cut of episode 20-24? (they are marked by a ' beside the number: 20', 21'...)

If you did, you already watched "Death". "Rebirth" is the first half of EoE, so watching D&R is completely meaningless.

I particularly find the series slightly more enjoyable with minor spoilers, but thats up to you. I will just say something: There isnt much to understand on the religious imagery, so dont focus too much on that (although it looks fucking cool). Focus on the characters mind and psychology.

Thats why people get so confused by the ending, they were expecting something else and kept paying attention on the "not that important" theme.
>>
I've actually grown to love the final of the TV series after rewatching the whole anime. I remembered how much I liked the characters and how much they suffered, it was nice "saying goodbye" to them with a smile.
>>
>>156084327

While the EoE ending is super flashy, consistent with the tone and isnt even really sad, there is a special place in my heart for the TV ending because it is utopic and those bunch of mind broken fucks needed to relax.

>Unlike EoE, the instrumentality in NGE dont make you "disappear" among the sea of tang.
>You still have your mind and personality
>You are now connected to everyone else too, but without losing your own self.
>The only thing left to do is people help other people with their mental weaknesses.
>They are in a sandbox reality, where people can imagine and create scenarios and realities at will, like if it was a very big theater play (thats why the imagery), to be played out with their friends

The only legit argument against this ending is that it feels TOO happy, even though seele did hype it out to be paradise for half the series.
>>
>>156080033
What took you so long?
>>
>>156085587
I just never got around to watching it even though I wanted to for a long time
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.