[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why are shit-tier animes/mangas the most popular

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 5

DBZ/super
>no character development
>mediocre art style and generic character design
>extremely repetitive
>generic villains with shit motivations

One-piece
>shit art style
>almost no overarching plot
>is never going to end
>>
>>156021521
Elitists are annoying and insufferable
>>
>animes
>>
>>156021521
>One-piece
>>shit art style
You were doing so well, but I guess your opinion's discarded.
>>
>>156021614
I like basic shounens. I'm not a berserk fag, but I like an anime to atleast have some effort put into it.
>>
You could apply those criticisms to both of these series though. Except for the art styles, that's pretty much entirely an opinion.
And to answer your question, it's because we've been invaded by /v/ermin for years and because mods won't remove generals. A few years back the OP threads weren't even tolerated.
>>
>>156021521
>Vegeta has no character development
Fuck You
One Piece has many epic moments and beloved characters except by sanji and nami
>>
File: 1486671184580.png (1MB, 876x640px) Image search: [Google]
1486671184580.png
1MB, 876x640px
>>156021521
>mediocre art style and generic character design
Suck a dick. Toriyama's art is top notch.
>>
File: 1475486459978.jpg (54KB, 550x373px) Image search: [Google]
1475486459978.jpg
54KB, 550x373px
>>156021521
>One Piece
>No overarching plot
>>
File: OP.gif (996KB, 150x148px) Image search: [Google]
OP.gif
996KB, 150x148px
>>156021521

>REEEEEEEEEE why do people like what I don't like?!??!

Also,

>One Piece

Nice meme, faggot.
>>
File: IMG_5033.jpg (47KB, 500x521px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5033.jpg
47KB, 500x521px
>>156021521

Shounen is meant for children, and obviously it's not gonna hold stories that more mature audiences want. It's about what kids want, which in general is fucking heros fucking kicking a motha fucker in his god damn nuts after some serious training to make it look cool af.

Now if your looking for more in depth material I suggest picking up seinen and wonder why you haven't done that before. That or look into some LN's that cover the idea of an MC becoming too OP and becoming bored. Because it's not like your the only one (in general, not in regards to these series cause fuck you they're beautiful!) with this line of thought.
>-cough cough- one punch man -cough cough-
Really I'm more amazed that you forgot why there's genres and why they study demographics and came to complain with personal opinion being your backbone on this.
>>
>>156021521
Wide spread appeal.
>>
>>156022210
>A few years back the OP threads weren't even tolerated.
It's the opposite newfag.

It's naruto threads that were banned and shitposted to death. In the current reddit/facebook /a/, OP is getting more and more shitposted while naruto threads are allowed and tolerated again.

Also
If you're going to bait, there are many things to choose from. Do some research first so you aren't blatantly obvious next time.
>>
One Piece and DBZ are masterpieces. They were able to stand the test of time.
>>
>>156021521
DBZ was the best case of ''Did it First and now is shit''. Everything that DB did back then was revolutionary.
>>
>>156025624
I wouldn't say revolutionary. It did popularize it.
>>
>>156021521
>One-piece
You were doing well until here.
>>
>>156025302
Nice revisionism you dumb fuck. I'm sure you're here since a couple of years at best, but if you want to check for yourself go to the archive and look for OP threads from years ago, even 2009. They were constantly sagebombed and filled with "set fail for wan piss" and everyone constantly made fun of the fans for believing it was any better than Naruto or Bleach.
But i agree with you on a point, Narutards, just like OPtards, shouldn't be tolerated.
>>
Behold. A new generation of angry teenagers trying to anger-baiting other angry teenagers, because life is boring, which makes them angry.
>>
>>156021521
You have to be retarded to not see what makes One Piece so good. I can understand if you don't like it personally, but calling it shit is just dumb.
It isn't supposed to have a deep story nor is it aimed at an adult audience, it is supposed to be for everybody.
>>
>>156025992
you did not go back far enough
>>
>>156021521
>animes
Lurk more
>>
>>156021779
Are you retarded, or do you just have no concept of basic human anatomy, like Oda?
>>
>>156026179
>It isn't supposed to have a deep story nor is it aimed at an adult audience, it is supposed to be for everybody.

That perfectly explains why it's terrible. It's the Coldplay of anime. Thank you for clearing that up.
>>
>>156021614
and the majority of /a/
>>
>>156021521
Dbz art is great and one piece is an alright art style, it just takes a bit of getting used to since its more cartoony, I didn't like it at first either
>>
>>156021521
>dragonball
>no character development
>entire saga is an 'epic' that consists of the story telling of a young kid to an adulthood who dies several times

This is quality bait. Here's my (You).
>>
>>156021521
People like Shoen Anime, get over it.
>>
>>156027906
Goku is the only person I know who becomes less complete over time. He's a walking retard with no self control. Also in a universe where you can always be brought back from death dying doesn't help to develop character.
>>
>>156021521
>animes
Also have you ever heard of lowest common denominators?
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.