[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

MY SWEET ROLL MEMES

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3

MY SWEET ROLL MEMES
>>
>>156018918
arrow to the knee was a good metaphor for marriage

before skyrim butchered into a meme
>>
>>156018918
nice subs
>>
File: 1487022247872.png (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1487022247872.png
3MB, 1280x720px
>>156018918
i know CR is utter shit, but why are this fucktards using 6 year old memes that were never funny in the first place?who else is subbing this, my autism forbids me watching this garbage

who else is subbing this?
>>
>>156021312
>>156020989
It's literally what was said though.
>>156019078
>>
>>156021375
"b-but japan can't use memes they're too shitty at writing for that"

"that's what the internet taught us all these years, right?"

Gee, what a fucking shock. Not like so many people have been saying this for fucking ages. Thanks for posting the JP so people can stop being dumb.
>>
>>156019371
that's a hoax from tumblr where you should return
>>
>>156021664
>"b-but japan can't use memes they're too shitty at writing for that"
It could have a been a coincidence. Sometimes regular sentences happen to have other unintended sub-cultural connotations. For example, people use Jap all time without knowing Americans use it as a slur. And since when did memes = not shitty at writing? I'd say the exact opposite. Or did you perhaps mean shitty at English?
>>
>>156022577
How popular are Bethesda games in nipland anyway?
>>
>>156022577
I've seen it far too often where people complain about well-written translations just because they don't think Japanese writers can put together scripts that don't sound like someone with social difficulties is speaking. It's so frustratingly annoying.

Yes, there are bad writers in the anime industry, just like in any other, but there is this terribly misinformed opinion that it's most of them, so when prosub and/or fansub scripts have decent dialogue, it gets called out for scriptwriting for no good reason.

That's without counting in the meme argument at all. That's a whole different ballgame.
>>
>>156022745
A missing point I meant to make though, relating to the memes thing, is that it seems as though the English-only portion of the community seems to think it's impossible for Japan to meme. That's what I was trying to get at.

The first accusations always go not to the original script, but to the subtitlers.
>>
>>156018918
I want the bara doujins
>>
Japan sure loves Skyrim for odd fucking reason.

I mean, they even ported it to Switch.
>>
>>156022875
Usually you don't expect memes in official material though.
>>
>>156018918
DROPPED
>>
>>156018918
THIS CAN'T BE HAPPENING.
JAPAN YOU FUCKING TRAITORS.
>>
>>156022948
Sure you would, if the official material is a manga, VN, WN, or LN. That's all bottom of the barrel shit, where memes thrive.
>>
>>156022948
I mean, Kyoto Animation memed last season with that one scene in Maid Dragon. See: https://twitter.com/hakakamiiii/status/842995664887857153

I remember Danna ga, that one short a couple years back, was literally just memes and 2ch references too.

It seems to happen reasonably regularly at this point. Whether or not it's a good thing, well, that's another matter.
>>
>>156018918
Why is it such a big deal?
>>
>>156022875
I'd say that's something to be judged on a case-by-case basis. Sometimes translators turn what should be a 1-1 translation into 1-1.5 with that 0.5 being added entirely by them. Sometimes their incompetence makes it 1-0.5 with that 0.5 being lost-in-translation. Sometimes they make a good well-written truly-equivalent translation.

>>156022875
One would think the Japanese would use Japanese memes. not American 6 years old ones.
>>
>>156023402
>One would think the Japanese would use Japanese memes. not American 6 years old ones.
A meme's spread isn't a universally measurable thing, though.

I mean, I follow valerauko on twitter, who works/worked at Sunrise, and they use the shit out of that Skyrim one in the office apparently.

Fuck knows why, but they do.

As for your other point, that's a massive discussion all its own, and I'm not a translator so getting into that would be a real bad idea for me. I don't want to make uninformed statements.
>>
>>156023529
>Fuck knows why, but they do.
They do have a reputation of liking obscure 80s bands and actors who aren't even famous in their home countries.
>>
What was the original line?
>>
>>156023957
I was a Mercenary like you once. But then I took an arrow to the knee
>>
>>156023957
>>156019078
Already posted.
>>
>>156023957
Literally what it says.

The fucking nips were the ones memeing.
>>
Still need to watch this ugh. None of the new series so far feel meme worthy like Tanya and Dragon Maid did before you even watch them though (or entertaining).
>>
I take that back perhaps Eromanga or Love Tyrant but I assume they'll be more of a whimper like gabriel dropout.
>>
File: maxresdefault-2-1.jpg (34KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault-2-1.jpg
34KB, 1920x1080px
>>156018918
I love this anime, White Fox never cease to ammaze me.
>>
>>156022629
Skyrim was popular enough to change Zelda forever
>>
>>156018918

>arrow knee meme tier garbage
>not god-tier KHAJIIT DINDU NOTHING

He's right fucking there, come on!
>>
>>156020989
Thats the joke
>>
>>156025878
>YOU'LL MAKE A FINE RUG CAT!
Ugh, I cannot best you!
>>
>>156024132
How disappointing.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.