[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is berserk not popular? The movies failed in the box office.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4

File: Idolberserk.jpg (69KB, 468x468px) Image search: [Google]
Idolberserk.jpg
69KB, 468x468px
Is berserk not popular? The movies failed in the box office. Looking up berserk on pixiv only nets 4000 pictures on a site that's been up for a decade and a good chunk of that fanart is from the west
Does Japan hate the new anime as much as the west does?

Does this mean we shouldn't expect berserk doujinshi in the forseeable future?
>>
I think it's sort of a product of a bygone era. When Berserk first came out violent gory stories about muscle-bound badasses were huge in manga and anime (Fist of the North Star, Jojo, Violence Jack, etc), but lately that genre has fallen by the wayside in favor of more light-hearted shonen fare and CGDCT slice of life series. Just look at how out of place Guts looks next to the art styles of the other manga being run in the same magazine.
Berserk still has its fans and probably always will, but I doubt it'll ever again enjoy the popularity it once had.
>>
>>155996869
except people eat up shit like attack on titan and tokyo ghoul they should have not fucked over the newest series with cgi and it would have had a chance
>>
File: 6td5jpx4.gif (46KB, 232x306px) Image search: [Google]
6td5jpx4.gif
46KB, 232x306px
>>155996556
the hype was dead
Maybe it work if it was made 20 years ago

More less like this >>155996869 said
>>
File: Nusch.png (333KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
Nusch.png
333KB, 480x480px
Can she save the anime?
>>
The berserk anime is pretty popular for how shitty it was and is. On most anime sites it is in the top 10 sometimes even top 5 most popular anime for a certain period.

Berserk is in sales tier equal to bleach. It has 50% as much chapters and also sold 50% as much. So wether bleach is/was popular is up to you. I think berserk is also more popular in the west than in the east. The problem is where I live (Netherlands) you don't got stores to just walk to and buy a berserk volume or manga magazine is so most berserk readers here do not buy volumes. I only got 1 at the moment. I think Miura is doing fine with finances and that berserk is really popular as well although some good 12/24 episodic anime series of some berserk arcs would certainly have made it more popular
>>
>>155997052
tokyo ghoul is popular because it's about gay bishonens fighting and being edgy. Fujos are the ones that buy TG and SnK

Berserk is about a muscular dude
>>
>>155999052
Clearly couldn't handle all that masculinity. Made them feel inadequate.

But regardless, Berserk mellowed the fuck out.
>>
>>155998907
>Berserk is in sales tier equal to bleach
No it's not, Berserk at it's best sells 200k a volume, Bleach with the decline was over 400k.

Bleach has 90 million copies in 15 years, had a long running anime that at it's lowest point was making 140 million dollars only in Japan and then retarded merch sales + anime discs and licenses from all over the world, Berserk has been running for 30 years and it has 40 million copies which mostly come from it's early days. It never had a popular anime or a game or merch or home video sales.

You're talking about two different scales, only a retard would compare them.
>>
>>155996556
In terms of total revenue, Berserk is totally fine, but Berserk itself and the topics it deal with/display with no censors (rape, gore, fetuses falling out of a still-living moth-monster) DEFINITELY does not appeal to the general public. That's fine, though- Berserk has a dedicated audience that will keep it relevant-but-still-not-mainstream for years to come.
>>
>>155997052
Yeah but AoT and Tokyo Ghoul still have pretty boy main characters
>>
If everyone liked it it wouldn't be patrician anymore
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.