[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ghost in the shell

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

I though that the major was supposed to be autistic or stoic, why is she here such a goofball?
>>
>>155983110
Turns out you thought wrong due to spotty knowledge of the source material.
>>
>>155983547
This.
>>
>>155983110
People only think of her like that because of that degenerate Oshii movie. Even the otherwise excellent Stand Alone Complex has her acting like a sperg the whole time. Based Shirow actually knew how to write endearing female characters.
>>
>>155983110
people have not read the source material and think the 1995 movie (quality of the movie notwithstanding) is an accurate depiction of the personalities of the characters.
>>
>>155983110
thats how master shirow depict all his characters full of blown out comedy reminescent of old manga style.
from gods to humans all behave like goofballs
>>
File: major1.png (61KB, 294x176px) Image search: [Google]
major1.png
61KB, 294x176px
>>155983110
The manga is pretty much nothing like most of the adaptations. SAC is the closest and still is very tonally different.
>>
>>155983110
What? She's a military type (war vet), goofball and all.
>>
>>155983821
>SAC
Lets not forget that /ss/ moment. Classic.
>>
Did the Major's outfit bother anyone else? It looked really shitty and uncomfortable. Whenever she was in mission gear it was a lot better.
>>
>>155983110
GitS is a rare example where adaptions are better than the source material.
>>
>>155984690
Didn't really bug me in the manga/movies but holy fuck her outfit in SAC S1 is godawful
>>
>>155985908
I think his take on Major was unique but she really shines in her serious moments during the manga even so
I always enjoyed SACtoko's calm and cool demeanor more. Plus Batou and Togusa were godtier in SAC
>>
>>155987341
Tachikoma are the best too.
>>
Mary McGlynn's SAC Major voice is pure sex. One of the few dub actresses thats good
>>
>>155984537
>it was a ruse because she don't have a vagoo
cruel af
>>
>>155988457
>>155984537
She still has a mouth and other crevices tho
>>
>>155983110
You was deceived by Oshii.
Original manga is a tad short of SD comedy cyberpunk, but tech design and level of details are top-tier.
>>
>>155983110

Because she can, anon.
>>
File: Orion2ndEd.jpg (76KB, 341x489px) Image search: [Google]
Orion2ndEd.jpg
76KB, 341x489px
>>155983110
>>155983924
> thats how master shirow depict all his characters full of blown out comedy reminescent of old manga style. from gods to humans all behave like goofballs

this. I like the movie and SAC settings and character depictions in their own right, but Shirow's source material tends to have recurring themes of not too stoic female MCs getting into shit waaaay to deep over their heads.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.