[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why has gintama been m scraping he bottom of the wsj rankings

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5

File: Ginchan.jpg (127KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Ginchan.jpg
127KB, 1280x720px
Why has gintama been m scraping he bottom of the wsj rankings for the last few years?

I don't think it's gotten that bad and there are clearly worse chalters from other series
>>
Good question.
>>
>>155965486
Wasn't that cause it's ending so there's no point voting for it anymore?
Other series need those more
>>
>>155965486
>WSJ Ranking
>Gintama
Pick One
>>
>>155965486
Haven't read the manga, but if the anime is anything to go by it's probably because it's fucking shit nowadays.
>>
>>155965486
1. Gintama never had good rankings in the first place.
2. The current serious arc is boring as hell.
>>
>>155965769
1. True
2. I disagree.
>>
>>155965486
Because the recent arcs are fucking terrible.
>>
>>155965486
>gag series
>bothering with WSJ rankings
>>
>>155965486
here's a hypothetical question; would Gintama be canceled if it had debuted in 2017 January issue?
>>
File: uhhkko.png (70KB, 291x263px) Image search: [Google]
uhhkko.png
70KB, 291x263px
>>155965486
I used to love gintama [anime], but since shogun assassination arc it was ultra disappointing for me.
(not even beacaue of baiting with killing someone from the main cast)

The jokes has gotten more repetive
Everybody knew that despite being major asshole, Takatsuki would join main heroes, but the way it was executed (lazy and not surprising in the slightest) was a let down for me as well

just face it, gorilla is more lazy than ever. It's 2017 and supposedly, Zenzou and his bloody as should still be funny and surprising.
>>
>>155965486
Better question
Why Sunrise took Gintama in the first place?
>>
>>155968186
One of the producers loved reading it
>>
Comedy shits are not ment to rank high in WSJ. Nisekoi and Saiki and many comedy-first manga were constantly at the bottom tier of rankings, but Nisekoi reached 200s and Saiki is still a living legend. Gintama survived 600 at the middle tier to botom tier from time to time. Remember Bleach and Toriko smashed Gintama at their primes at rankings and sales? Rushed/Axed.
>>
File: NA SUA BUNDA.jpg (45KB, 1019x685px) Image search: [Google]
NA SUA BUNDA.jpg
45KB, 1019x685px
Because Gintama is only great as a comedy. The Gorila-san's serious arch are boring and uninteresting, but his comedy episodes are pure gold.
>>
>>155965486
it is a gag series you fucking dipshit
>>
File: villain sensei.jpg (144KB, 500x583px) Image search: [Google]
villain sensei.jpg
144KB, 500x583px
The Courtesan of the Nation arc and Shogun Assassination arc were god tier, some of the best in shounen manga with right amount of comedy and stylish action.

I think it started to tank when they introduced OP Coldsteel Sensei as the final final villain. For anyone who doesn't know, The trio's sensei is an interplanetary cosmic force villain who feed on life forces or some kind. The life force/altana and space settings made it feel like bad star wars knock off. These guys might as well starts fighting with lightsaber
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.