[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Range Murata anime

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: shangri-la.jpg (222KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
shangri-la.jpg
222KB, 1280x720px
So I was reading about Range Murata and saw he did character designs for several anime, the only one that I knew was Last Exile, so I got curious.

How are Last Exile and Shangri-La? This last one looks like a comfy sci-fi anime, but have never seen it discussed anywhere, is it just... irrelevant?
>>
>>155930196
Yes
>>
>>155930196
I guess it really is irrelevant.
>>
>>155930196
I loved Shangrila. Great music. The story was kind of a mess whit lots of goofing around, and is basically a FF7 ripoff. I guess the adaptation is bad and they left out a lot from the LN.
>>
Last Exile is pretty great if you don't watch the second season.
Dropped Shangri-La in the middle, take that as you wish.
>>
>>155931044
From what I'm reading it's a lot about politics.

>>155931363
what made you drop it?
>>
File: 1299856627331.jpg (117KB, 546x709px) Image search: [Google]
1299856627331.jpg
117KB, 546x709px
>>155930196
The first season of Last Exile is excellent. The second isn't terrible but doesn't compare to the first.

Shangri-La was totally forgettable. I can't even remember what it was about other than some sort of nonsensical sci-fi/post-pocalyptic future thing.
>>
>>155931409
Granted, I watched it while it was airing and only got fed story bits weekly but it didn't captivate me at all. Forced my way through half of it.
Takes itself way too seriously while boomerangs destroy fucking tanks.
>>
>>155931713
>boomerangs destroy fucking tanks.

that sounds fun and engaging to watch.

>>155931623
Downloading Last Exile to check it, I'm still hesitant about Shangri-la, I'll probably download it too.
>>
>>155931894
I don't recall it being bad, just not particularly noteworthy. Might as well give it a watch if you don't have anything better to do (and if you did, you wouldn't be here).
>>
>>155931894
Go ahead. I originally started watching Shangri-La because of the art, didn't even know about Murata back then. Hope you like it more than I did.
>>
>>155930196
Last Exile is good, ignore the sequel. Shangri-La exists, I guess.
>>
Everything Murata's been involved with is great, except Silver Wing.
Pretend Silver Wing doesn't exist once you finish Last Exile.
>>
File: 13.png (2MB, 1063x750px) Image search: [Google]
13.png
2MB, 1063x750px
>>155932176
The worst thing about Silver Wing is definitely the callbacks and references to S1. If it could have just let me watch it as a neat side-story with cute girls I'd have been happy but no, they keep having to bring back all the S1 characters and ruining them in the process.
>>
>>155931409
A lot of the points shown at first get ignored later. Like those misterious bombardments from the sky, that's completely sidelined after it was explained. The loli prison arc was shocking though. I liked it. The end was just FF7 with a bit of NGE.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.